PDA

View Full Version : Rich Man, Poor Woman

windycissy
11-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Living two lives can be very expensive, but part of the fun for me is hunting for bargains, I love to put together an outfit from discount stores and sales racks, like a working girl on a budget...yesterday I scored a pencil skirt at Marshall's for $16, combined with a twinset and pearls the whole ensemble including shoes and stockings cost well under $100, and I think it looks very classy:

http://p1.hotornot.com/talls/HE/KY/H8/KS/EEESERRHLQRA.jpg

Am I the only one who spends more on myself as a man than I do as a woman?

Deanna2
11-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I support my femme clothes buying habit by not buying drab male clothing and making do with my old male gear. The fact that I don't wear drab gear as much as I used to also helps.

Karren H
11-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I just love to shop.... money is not really an issue.... I buy what I want...... no matter which of us is going to wear it!! lol

Alice B
11-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Karren and lately I spend more on Alice than I do on my drab self.

Angie G
11-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I really like shopping for bargains in thrift stores or clearance racks at department stores:hugs:
Angie

TSchapes
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Tracy has many shoes and clothes, so her drab self is stuck with a couple pair of shoes and limited wardrobe. Tracy can be such a b&%ch! :devil:

Signed drabbie!

docrobbysherry
11-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I can't justify the expense! Considering that all my dressing is done privately, and I can fake a lot of my looks. I can do a crappy job of sewing on material to the top back of a hot dress, purchased at a thrift store. I'll wear it once for 15 minutes, and it may be years before I dig it out again!:eek:

I don't shop for my drab clothes at thrift stores. But, after saying all of that, I STILL spend 10 times the $$$ on clothes for Sherry than for Robert!:heehee:( And that doesn't include big $$ items like breast forms, femskins, etc. that I buy for CDing!):brolleyes:

avril findlay
11-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Living two lives can be very expensive, but part of the fun for me is hunting for bargains, I love to put together an outfit from discount stores and sales racks, like a working girl on a budget...yesterday I scored a pencil skirt at Marshall's for $16, combined with a twinset and pearls the whole ensemble including shoes and stockings cost well under $100, and I think it looks very classy:

http://p1.hotornot.com/talls/HE/KY/H8/KS/EEESERRHLQRA.jpg

Am I the only one who spends more on myself as a man than I do as a woman?

I like tying to find bargains as well. But I know I spend more on my womens clothes, I can't help it!

CD Susan
11-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I am a compulsive shopaholic and I do most of my shopping at thrift stores. If I didn't shop at these places I would not be able to afford everything that I buy for my fem self. I hardly ever buy clothes for 'him' but then I hardly ever dress in 'his' clothes.

Crystal Galadriel
11-07-2008, 11:02 PM
The only time I've bought stuff for Crystal, I spent nearly $70 when only intending to spend about $20-30! I've never spent $70 on clothing for my drab self at one time, ever! Since then, my money keeps getting sucked up by all kinds of other things, I can't get enough going to go out shopping again, but after another couple of paychecks (aka couple of months x_X) I should build up a little bit of cash and be able to get myself a nice outfit or two from Goodwill/Salvation Army. I still need some shapewear and better bras and panties, too, which I'll be going to Walmart for, though that's where I spent my $70.

windycissy
11-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I’ve never gone the thrift shop route, there are so many amazing sales these days…for example, I make a beeline for the 70% off racks at Kohls, there are always sales going on at Penney’s and Sears, and Macy’s too…TJ Maxx, Marshall’s and Ross have great prices, for shoes you can’t beat Payless, and there’s Clare’s for clip-on earrings. Oh, and don’t forget Old Navy and the Gap, they have lots of cute clothes on sale at the back of the store.

Sophia de la luz
11-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Since my last birthday when I got rid of my male clothing, I have only been wearing femme. I like buying stuff at garage sales best. Good quality for super cheap. Next is thrift stores/ consignment places. I am acquiring a range of outfits for work, around the house, working out, going out etc. It's really quite fun to have so many clothing options.

renee k
11-08-2008, 09:13 AM
I spend WAY too much on clothes for Renee, than I do my male self. Just yesterday I was in Macy's looking for a new holiday dress, one caught my eye tried in on and that was it, had to have it. Another BLACK DRESS, you should see my closet. I need this dress like I need a hole in the head. But couldn't resist. So next time I'm out shopping I'm going to force myself to check out other stores, and look for something in silver, red, or gold.

As for male clothes the only time I shop for them is when something wears out. Aside from my uniform, all I have is dockers and jeans plus a sport coat or two and a couple of suits. Just enough to get by. Buying womans clothes is another story. I have a dress that I bought a year ago, that I haven't worn yet, matching heels. Tonight will be the first time out with them. I'm helplessly addicted to womans clothes!! LOL!!

Huggs, Renee

Kate Simmons
11-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Good deal Windy. The outfits look great on you Hon.:thumbsup::)