PDA

View Full Version : Getting hit on on-line

BeckyAnderson
11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I posted a picture on Hot or Not (http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=AEBYRUG&key=PYE), believe it or not, just to see how the rest of the world views crossdressers who present themselves as a guy who has a presentable personna as a female, not necessarily looking particularly pretty but presentable. Actually I have had several pictures posted there over the last 6 months with the number of people casting a vote reaching over 50,000 on one of the pictures! The vote averages have ranged from 7.4 to 8.4! I think that speaks volumes for the level of acceptance that we have gained over the last decade or so in all age categories.

The Hot or Not introduction I have is this:

"Hi, I'm Becky. I'm a MtoF crossdresser. I'm very outgoing and love to laugh. I enjoy shopping, golf, fishing and just being me! I'm not gay or bi. What I want most in life is to be accepted for who I am and not for what society thinks I should be."

It clearly states that I am not gay or bi yet I have been hit on by a ton of guys and woman!!!! Our acceptence level has risen sharply but the proverbial bullseye has apparently changed positions. It used to be located on our back when crossdressing was a menace to society but now, it seems, the bullseye has moved to some other private areas :o

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Hugs,
Becky

Jessicaparkson
11-07-2008, 07:57 PM
I get hit on a lot, especially when people learn my age. Although the comments are sometimes flattering, they are most often the wrong kind of attention. But good for you!

Alice B
11-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I've only been hit on once and it was very direct and from this site. The person in question sent some less than flattering photos and I quickly shut him down. Have never heard from him again. All other contacts have been very positive and I've made some good friends here. I'm not about to post on other sites. Too risky for me.

BeckyAnderson
11-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Ah geez, I hope I didn't lead anyone in a wrong direction (must of been a blond moment). I was hoping to find out how we perceive our level of acceptance has or hasn't progressed.

Hugs,
Becky

Michl41
11-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Becky,

No way your 61, also, killer contrast, hot blond with black dress.....Michelle

Angie G
11-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Becky as good as you look i would think you would get hit on.:hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
11-07-2008, 09:02 PM
What's most amazing to me, is that someone has to be a PAID MEMBER to send u a message like that! I never heard of a Hotornot person that paid!:D

Megan70
11-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey Becky I concur with Michl41, no way you're 61. I'M 61 and don't look that good, (unless 1947 was a good year for genes.) You're a knockout sweet thing.!
Megan

BeckyAnderson
11-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow girls, thank you so much for your compliments :love:

I truly am 61, and a Gemini (Harry S. Truman was President when I was born).....the male part of the twins doesn't look like this, he's aged looking.....ISN'T MAKEUP THE BEST THING SINCE MOM'S APPLE PIE??? :hugs:

StephanieT
11-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I've only been hit on once and it was very direct and from this site. From this site? I have started to wonder if posting pics here is safe. Maybe I have to consider what I post here.

carhill2mn
11-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Hi Becky, It is good to see you again. Several people have asked me about you. I have gotten a number of "hits" also even though I describe myself as a CD and am 70 yrs. old! I finally removed my photos from one site.
Personally, I do not know how to deal with most of them as they are looking for something more than a platonic girl-friend relationship (which I am not).

Jamees_Girl
11-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Becky, I do believe every one is much more open minded these days, whether it be CD, same sex, bi-racial, whatever the case. THANK GOD, or I may have major concerns for my gorgeous hunny to go out! (when and if he decides to)

Christina Horton
11-08-2008, 02:02 AM
I go to a site call www.secondlife.com it's a 3d chat site you make your avatar and walk around I virtul world I love it. In my profile ( anyone can click on your avatar and read what you write about yourself) I tell them I am A CD and all that. I have only had about 3 bad reactions that just was like"that is so grose" . all of my friends defend me. 99% of the people have no prob with it, and most want to know more. I find I am talking 40% of the time about CDing . I am teaching many people whom would otherwize not know. SO yes I think time and peoples veiws Are mush better then even 2 years ago. Check out the site it's free and you can CD there with all the freedom you have all ways wanted. HUGGS. :hugs::canada:

Oh you don't look like 61 I think your lieing LOL you look great hun. MAKEUP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracii G
11-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Becky I believe you.
I was buying gas the other day and got asked for my birthdate when asking for smokes I gave my birth date and the girl said No Way you're 56.She asked for my secret I told her drugs ,booze and rock & roll.I was in guy mode too.
You look great girl.

Laurelanne
11-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Wow girls, thank you so much for your compliments :love:

I truly am 61, and a Gemini (Harry S. Truman was President when I was born).....the male part of the twins doesn't look like this, he's aged looking.....ISN'T MAKEUP THE BEST THING SINCE MOM'S APPLE PIE??? :hugs:

wow I thought i was doing OK for 57 ..Becky u go girl:love:

Teri Jean
11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Although I haven't been hit on I have been given many compliments by both women and gugs. And yes the late 1940s were good years for genes. I'm 59. Keli

BeckyAnderson
11-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Becky, I do believe every one is much more open minded these days, whether it be CD, same sex, bi-racial, whatever the case.

I'm very comfortable going out en femme whether I am with friends or just by myself. I have also found that all of the people I have seen in my travels are open-minded and much more accepting. By accepting I mean some may stare for a bit and turn their heads or some may smile and engage in eye contact or they may even carry on conversation. I've often ended up in lengthy conversations about things we have gone though in our lives. But, at no time, have I ever had a bad situation where I thought I was in danger of physical harm.

The biggest misconception that I have come across is that those who know nothing about crossdressing think we are gay by default. When they find that I have been happily married for over 38 years and have grandkids they really start to realize that their perception may have been wrong and they become really attentive to learning more about the lifestyle.

All in all,mixing with the public en femme has been a great experience and it seems to be getting better as time goes on.

Hugs,
Becky

Nadia-Maria
11-08-2008, 01:40 PM
When getting older, the best way to keep young is to see the final part of the life with very positive eyes.

Few people are able to achieve that.

Crossdressers have the luck to enjoy a superb hobby : at more than 60 years old, they have time to improve their CDing skills so that they may look as still beautiful ladies, and even more beautiful beings than ever in their life.

It's a powerful drive to be very happy and see positively the years to come.

Kisses

CD Susan
11-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I am a member of a ts dating site and even though my profile states that I am a straight cd looking for other straight cds for friendship, I get hit on by guys all the time. Some of them live so far away that the chance of meeting them would be slim even if they were what I am looking for. I do not respond to these types of posts and just delete them. These guys usually go away after they realise I am not going to respond to them. BTW since the topic of age came up I am 60. I feel like I am half that age.

Michl41
11-08-2008, 03:26 PM
O.K., so I started the age thing........ I see you received some nice comments etc., now how about astrology and cding.........I too am a Gemini........do you think there are more Geminis than other signs????.............comments, girls???

Tracii G
11-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Good question Michl41.Not that it would prove anything.The %'s would be the same as all those reg folks.
For the record I'm a Virgo.Born in the year of the Dragon.

Jess_cd32
11-09-2008, 03:51 AM
I've only been hit on once and it was very direct and from this site. The person in question sent some less than flattering photos and I quickly shut him down.............

I got hit on also once by someone (anonymous) here and I just assumed they didn't read my profile. It wasn't anything like yours TG but I just let them know I was straight and it was no big deal, that I'll take it as a modest compliment instead.

Didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable about it as I like the person anyways so I just told her it was cool, no problem on my end with it. As cd's its gonna happen regardless what you write in a profile, alot don't bother to read a profile first.

If an advance is innocent I treat it as such, if I got one very deragatory then I'd answer differently.

Becky with your looks, I'd think you'd get hit on quite abit, take them as compliments, you look great, and for 61:thumbsup:

renee k
11-09-2008, 08:12 AM
O.K., so I started the age thing........ I see you received some nice comments etc., now how about astrology and cding.........I too am a Gemini........do you think there are more Geminis than other signs????.............comments, girls???

Hi Michelle,

I'm Libra, I know of two other girls here that are Libra's as well. It would be interesting to see if ones astrological sign has a bearing on dressing.

Huggs, Renee

Barbaraheels
11-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I have gone to numerous chatrooms and have been on cam a few times just to see how others react to my look. Some men and most women have been very complimenting. However alot of men are pigs out there. I consider myself straight but having men compliment you is a big turn on for a crossdresser I think. If I look half as good as you at 61 Becky, I will be very pleased.

Beth785
11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I was hit on once here when I first joined, but not again since. I have been contacted a few times on my MySpace page, but have never replied to their messages.

Jamees_Girl
11-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Jamee_CD is Virgo!:love::love::love:

AmandaM
11-16-2008, 01:51 AM
I was hit on once here when I first joined, but not again since. I have been contacted a few times on my MySpace page, but have never replied to their messages.

Well, if they seen you holding that burp gun, they ran away fast! LOL!

Seriously, I've been hit on here too. Par for the course I guess.

sometimes_miss
11-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Jamee_CD is Virgo!:love::love::love:

Me too, but I'm confused; how does that fit in this thread?? Did I miss something?

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-19-2008, 01:57 AM
people seem to be letting up a bit around here,,,,
ALOT of gender bending goin on in Phoenix,,altho i dont see any cds tgs tvs tss out in the general public when its not dark out,,,,

Capricorn,middle child,gona be 46 next month,,when i ask people to guess my age they hit about 10 yrs younger,,,

Jess-cd i didnt mean to sound like i was hitting on you,,im a legs lover and with your legs hun...........i just couldnt help myself :o

rhondamichelle
11-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Becky,
I believe internet access and forums such as this have greatly contributed to dispelling the myths associated with crossdressing. And the trolls will always be out there whether they're lurking on the internet or the corner of the local bar.

Rhonda Michelle

Janice1948
11-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I belong to several CD sites and yes I have been hit on numerous times, but as some of the girls as stated, you just ignore them and they go away (I assume quietly). However I have met some wonderful CD's on those sites that I chat with regularly. It doesn't take long to sort out the real ones from the phonies. I have learned so much from this site and others over the years. Please don't be discouraged by a few men who perhaps would like to take advantage of you sexually (remember when you used to do that) and probably a few head cases when the majority are just like you and I. I've had lunch and dinner with some that I have met online and always had a wonderful time.

Janice1948
11-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh by the way Becky, we are sending the age police to your house to check your drivers license.

Just kidding. Hugs, Janice