PDA

View Full Version : Is that All

AKAMichelle
11-08-2008, 12:05 PM
To begin the story, I must explain a few things. My wife and I are separated and in the middle of a divorce. It appears depending upon the day that a divorce is imminent or we could get back together! We get along fine when we are together, but there are a lot of underlying problems with one of them being my crossdressing.

Tonight I met her up at the mall where she was getting her hair done. While I was waiting on her to get finished, I saw a person who knows both of us. The person I saw works in the mall selling perfume. We met when she convinced my wife to buy Flowerbomb. So I call her Ms. Flowerbomb now. Ms. Flowerbomb was sitting in the mall and she asked why we were getting a divorce. I gave her the normal speech lots of issues and then brought up that one of them was a secret I had for 24 years of our marriage. Immediately she began to try and figure out the secret. She first guessed that I use to be a preacher. NO! Then she guessed that I was a domestic terrorist years ago. NO! Lastly she guessed that I had killed someone. NO again! Finally I told her that I was a crossdresser. Here I was telling an almost perfect stranger. I didn't know her real name and I just told my secret which I guarded with my life. Her response: "Is that All!" She said that she thought I was some kind of a serial killer or something. Then Ms. Flowerbomb proceeded to tell me to come back to the store as Michelle. She said that she would like to meet her.

She asked a couple of questions and I gave her the 2 minute speech that I'm not gay, but do like to wear women's clothes. I also told her that I have done it since age 5. Then she explained that she had 2 crossdressers she use to help in Seattle. She was use to us. So all of sudden I found a way to tell someone about myself and get acceptance in return. Now if I could only get half of that from my wife.

When I joined this group, it was to find people who would accept me for me. What I didn't know was that there is a big world out there that also would accept if I only asked. WOW so simple! Since I have been going out in the last 2 months, I have met many people who are nice / helpful / kind to me. Everytime I go out the door I get confidence to go a little further. I still have fears to attend a major public event (Football game / Hockey game / Mall on Saturday afternoon) because of my voice and having to use the restroom. I have no intention of getting wacked by some upset woman in the bathroom. Maybe one day I can overcome my fears and just do it! Then I will become a truly liberated woman. <VBG>

Holly
11-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Way cool about how you are feeling about yourself, Michelle:)... sorry about the pending divorce:sad:. As your wife's feelings seem to be mixed, at best, do you think some outside counseling could benefit the the relationship?

One final thought... as you are becoming more secure in yourself and who you are, perhaps that will make a difference in your relationship with your wife as well. Stability is often important. Something to at least consider. Best wishes.

TGMarla
11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
It's gratifying to know that there are people out there who are not us who still accept this as no big deal. It's too bad that some of the people who are most dear to us don't feel that way. What a wonderful world it would be if we could just be who we are without all the ramifications that sometimes come with it.

AKAMichelle
11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
One final thought... as you are becoming more secure in yourself and who you are, perhaps that will make a difference in your relationship with your wife as well. Stability is often important. Something to at least consider. Best wishes.

That would be very nice, but that hasn't happened yet. Hopefully one day it will.

MJ
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
apart from the sports events you should not have any problems out and about the mall is so much fun and the washroom thing is no big deal. you should got to the mall dressed enjoy it before the Christmas rush ..after all it's no big deal.. :hugs:

trannie T
11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
It shows how much progress we have made when being a crossdresser is more socially acceptable than being an ax murderer.
I go out frequently but am terrified of the ladie's room too.

AKAMichelle
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
apart from the sports events you should not have any problems out and about the mall is so much fun and the washroom thing is no big deal. :hugs:

I can handle one or two women at a time. A major sporting event puts you in the same place with 50 - 100 at a time. All it takes is one to make your life miserable. When I get more comfortable out, that is one of the last things to do. Then I know that I have finally made it. Tamarav I think stated it best in another thread. It is all attitude. You have to know in your heart that you are where you belong. That is easier said than done.

I know from what you have said (MJ) that you have been making reach progress on being who you really are inside. I hope to achieve what you have one day.

Sara Jessica
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
See, there are nice people out there!!! I have come across more than I can count and they far outnumber those strangers who have had any snide comments, laughs or looks.

apart from the sports events you should not have any problems out and about the mall is so much fun and the washroom thing is no big deal. you should got to the mall dressed enjoy it before the Christmas rush ..after all it's no big deal.. :hugs:

Before the Christmas rush? Going during the rush is a RUSH! :)

Angie G
11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
What a great storie Michelle to find a new friend like that.:hugs:
Angie

BeckiB
11-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I have never really had anyone say anything negative. I have no problem interacting with people at the mall or in a store while out shopping so I get a lot of questions. Some people just kinda of stare with that I have a question look on their face. I take that as an invitation to go up and chat. They normally start by saying they are sorry for staring. I don't blame them..there are not a lot of 6'-1" girls out there. Then you get a list of questions that are sincere. Since my wife is always with me she gets a bunch of questions also. People fear what they don't know. Look at how many girls here fear leaving the house the first time! Most people also find it hard to be rude to someone when they are looking them in the eye. I thin for the most part we live in a pretty excepting country but there are always a few well...you know!