PDA

View Full Version : The World is Changing

Kristen Kelly
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
The world is changing and so am I, for the second year in a row spent the Halloween weekend at a dude ranch outside of Lake George a place I’ve been going to for 32 years, all working there know me no matter how I’m dressed and treat me as such. It was the Halloween Singles weekend and there were 65 guests there 62 women and 3 guys. Many of the guests were repeat guests from last year when Kristen first showed her face at the ranch. This is a singles weekend and last year attended with my ex, I dressed for dinner and we dressed as gypsys at the party that night and met with great compliments. Up until dinner Saturday night was dressed in Women’s jeans and gender neutral tops western boots all day riding had a chance to talk to a lot of people that remembered me from last year. At dinner repeated what I had done last year but dressed in a red wrap top and tight women’s jeans western high heel boots full makeup. I guess people could tell I was comfortable with who I was for they asked me many questions that night a few of why I was not here with my GF and held an impromptu discussion group educated a few people but best of all they saw a person that was dressed as they would have, not what they would have expected, the short skirted image of a CD many had because the way the tabloid shows portraying us. I dressed as a Witch that night at the costume party and unlike last year when I won 1st place best guy costume and 3rd place for best woman’s costume I was treated as 1 of the girls and nothing special and enjoyed it more. I rode Sunday enfem with little makeup but I don’t use a lot out in the daytime, made many friends, swapped many e-mail addresses to swap photos and made plans to do it again next year.

Sandra Dunn
11-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Attitude, it's all in the attitude. You are what you project you are. I'm glad for you Sister.
HUGS Sandra

chrissie-h
11-08-2008, 05:50 PM
An inspiring story Kirsten. You're looking good and very much 'at home' in the photos! It is only by Cd 'rs leading by example, in the way you do, that attitides will change.

Sandra Dunn
11-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh one quick question, did you get counted as one of the women or one of the boys? <gigling>

HUGS Sandra

Tomara
11-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Kristen
It sounds like you had a great time with a lot of really nice people , and Lake George is such a pretty place to visit.
I hope you can continue to make it a yearly event.
Tomara

Terrihoney
11-08-2008, 06:20 PM
You won in both genders! Way to go! I'd love to go riding all dressed up, that sounds like thrill. I'm sure all the others had some great stories to tell about their special friend:)

Hugs, Terri

sometimes_miss
11-09-2008, 05:42 AM
65 guests there 62 women and 3 guys
Are we talking about 62 GG's and three guys or 62 guys dressed as women and three guys dressed as guys? I kind of find it hard to believe that a singles place has that kind of a female to male ratio unless it's a nursing home where everyone is over 80.

Kristen Kelly
11-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Are we talking about 62 GG's and three guys or 62 guys dressed as women and three guys dressed as guys? I kind of find it hard to believe that a singles place has that kind of a female to male ratio unless it's a nursing home where everyone is over 80.

Yes 2nd year last year 95 women (GGs) 5 guys 2 guys were gay There was a bus load of women from Boston that take over the place, a country line dancing group and they do this weekend every year

Angie G
11-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Sound like you've made it hun to the place you want to be. that's great Kristen and stay who you are hun.:hugs:
Angie

Michelia
11-09-2008, 09:21 AM
And you were also spreading the gospel and dispelling the myths.

Good for you.