PDA

View Full Version : I came out to my Boss via email...

aussie24tg
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
hey..I'm a little scared cause I thought I ,might come out to my boss to let him know I'm transgender and in transition.

I got worried cause I had no phone call or reply for 2 days till this morning I got a email from him saying to ring him asap..but I'm to scared to do it..like what should I do and what if he says I'm weird or something :strugglin

This guy is one those bosses thats a guys guy..like last time I met him he was so up him self..heh

But he joked around how trans ppl were gay and other nasty things that made my cringe because I was thinking (he is talking about me and the other people out there that are trans) I told him to stop talking like that though.

But yea I'm scared now that he wants to call me, because the subject in the email was (Please ring....) eeekkk

I know they won't sack me because I'm the only IT officer that knows what they are doing in the company and I have alot of experience in the network systems we use, and he knows that cause he gave me a bonus last month cause I was going to quit but he begged me to stay..but Im afraid that he will say something weird about me or something..

Sorry for the long post and all the (...'s) I'm just worried cause I've never told any my bosses I've worked for this.

Much Luve,
Amelia xoxo

SherriePall
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Let us know how things work out for you. I'm sure you're only imagining the worst and things will be fine.

Steph Butterfield
11-09-2008, 05:44 PM
I hope it is to say he will be fully supportive, he should be after all. Let us know how it went.

xx

Stephanie

Andi
11-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Amelia, going cold turkey with your boss via e-mail ....wow!! You have to face the music now. Do you have a Human Relations department at work? Is there someone there you could talk to/work with to plan/ease the transition at work? An HR person could help you if the company employs one. Best wishes for a positive outcome. :hugs:

Joanna-Louise
11-10-2008, 04:13 AM
While im currently unable to offer advice, I would like to know who it goes. Im going to go down the transition road and so am interested on other people's stories on how "the boss" reacted.

I hope its a positive outcome hun, and please can you keep us informed

Joanna
xx

Miss Tessa
11-10-2008, 07:37 AM
I'd say that nothing is changing as far as the dedication to your job goes.

You got to make him understand that you will be a valuable asset to the company regardless of your gender issues.

He should be fine with it as long as he knows your performance is not in jepardy.

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
WOW,,, everything happens for a reason,,so no matter the outcome,,it was ment to be,,,,:2c:

i wear pantyhose with shorts to my job and they all know i wear,,hard not to notice,,but i dont think i could do my job dressed as a female if i was to transition to full female,,,i know silly thought...:tongueout

aussie24tg
11-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Hey everyone..yea He called Monday morning GMT +10 time which is Australia and I got scared..and didn't call him till today.

He was really nice, he just said if I got any problems he is willing to chat, I was like wow thanks.

I do goto work full female, but I'm supervisor, its only a small company but we huge in aspect of looking after multi million $ companies and also have direct contact with the Aussie Police.

I also got goodish news..I finally caught up with my lil sister today and we had lunch and a long chat..she was so nice and funny thing was when I went to cafe I got my food, then sat down and she got her drink and the lady asked if me and her were twins..my sister said no then the lady said well your very good looking both of you and he is really feminine in the face and body.

And I was wearing no makeup and male clothing, but I straightened my hair..still I was happy cause felt a lil passable :D

So yea Today was good.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Want to say it is wonderful news that it went so well. Keep us all informed as you continue your journey. :battingeyelashes: