PDA

View Full Version : Holes in Socks

Clara
11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
This morning I just put on the first pair of socks I had found. They had holes in them but I though it was ok just for home and that I would get rid of those socks later. Around noon, we went out shopping for winter clothes for our little daughter. At the store we realized that we didn't have any winter boots. So me and my wife starting trying on some boots. I tried on two different pairs when I noticed that my shiny pink toes are staring at everyone. Luckily, my wife knows and is supportive. Still, I felt rather embarrassed. But I also thought that it was funny.

I'm sure I wasn't the first one here to experience this.

Nicki B
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I hope you said 'Darn it!' :whistling:

SherriePall
11-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I just bought a dozen new pairs of socks because the sneakers I bought a couple of months ago have worn holes in my socks where my big toes are. I have been especially mindful not to take off my shoes because I, too, have my toes painted -- a very rich and beautiful sparkly red.
So, I know what you must have felt when you realized that your polished toes were showing through.
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad to see that I am not the only one with that problem.

Teri Jean
11-09-2008, 10:33 PM
No you are not the first but I was awaken from a power nap in the recliner to find a co-worker at my door. She was door knocking for a campaign and I was in nylons and heels. Did she notice, most deffinately yes. Oooooops. What can a girl do. Keli

Jamie001
11-09-2008, 11:50 PM
In my opinion the best thing to do is just wear sandals so everyone can see your red or pink toes. There there is nothing to hide. After all, there is no reason to hide a pretty red or pink pedicure. Even Charles Barclay was on TV with red toenails and a NASCAR driver does it also. Just show your pretty toes and be proud.

:2c: Jamie

Tracii G
11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I wear sandals all summer long painted toe nails and all.No reaction from anybody.

Angie G
11-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Don't be embarrassed who did you know there that would care if you had polish on. I've tryed on heels right there in the store with trouser socks on and thought so what.:hugs:
Angie

kaitlin
11-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey Girls, I know the feeling well !!! It wasn't socks that got me, more like the lack of them. My wife and I were at wal-mart, just like we do once or twice a week, in warm weather I almost always wear my clogs (love those things) This trip she was needing a new pair of dressy heels so we were in the shoe dept. I walked up to the mirror thingy and for the first time found out you could see almost all my red toenails through the holes around the sides!:eek: There's no telling how many people have seen them and I had no clue! Kaitlin:o

Patty
11-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I have my toes painted and wear sandals most the time. I have found that it is the fear I have inside myself --- people look at my feet --some smile and others tell their partner who then looks -- but never anything negative.

Mandy60
11-10-2008, 05:07 PM
My sister went around to pic up an item from which she bought from trademe so I offered to drive her there. When we got to the door I suddenly I had painted my toe nails a nice Dark Red.
My socks had big holes in the end. How embarassinf for a total stranger and my sister to see my Dark Red painted toe nails. I had given my toe nails atleast two coats. The colour Dark Red really stood out.

trannie T
11-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Mom always said to wear clean underwear in case you got hit by a bus. If she had known her son was a crossdresser she would have said something about your socks.

Babette
11-10-2008, 08:09 PM
My socks never get a chance to have holes. Some unmentionable SO (namely my wife) has an obsession with slightly worn socks. Whenever she finds them (and they are usually my favorite pair), she tosses them in the trash. OK, so I'm whining but this can really grate my cheese. At least she buys me new ones - eventually.

Babette

Kerrylee61
11-10-2008, 08:19 PM
What can I say, livining in the Great White North and I never wear socks winter or summer and yes, my toes are always painted. Been caught at the door lots of times by various people. I've tried shoes on in the stores and even had to do the Please remove shoes thing in offices etc. To heck with them. If they don't like it I don't care. Their problem not mine. I know who I am and am comfortable in my own skin such as it is. I do wish it was female skin however but that song is a very old one for me.

Kerry Lee

Jamie001
11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Mandy,

I don't understand why you say it was embarassing for your sister and a stranger. After all, you are driving them there. You had nothing to be embarrased for. Folks that should be embarassed are especially guys with crusty uncared-for feet. Those are the only ones that should be embarassed. Did you sister and her friend compliment you on your red toenails?

My sister went around to pic up an item from which she bought from trademe so I offered to drive her there. When we got to the door I suddenly I had painted my toe nails a nice Dark Red.
My socks had big holes in the end. How embarassinf for a total stranger and my sister to see my Dark Red painted toe nails. I had given my toe nails atleast two coats. The colour Dark Red really stood out.

Jess_cd32
11-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Uhhh I'm not even sure I wanna talk about my "pink" story:heehee:

My GF had me years ago put pink wheel trim rings on her little car, then she comes home w/ pink wiper blades, pink license trims, pink steering wheel cover so I put them all on (shaking my head the whole time)

One day I'm going out to paint the house, I ask her are these clothes in this box trash, she says yes. I grab of all things a pink sweatshirt off the top, cut the sleeves off and go to work outside.

She comes out an hour later and says I locked up the house, my cousin broke down and we have to leave now to go pick her up, you drive:doh:

So on the highway, not thinking about what I'm wearing and driving because we left in a huff I ask her why are all these people pulling up next to us and laughing. She bursts out laughing saying maybe because you have a mustache and are in a pink shirt driving a car trimmed in pink stuff????:eek:

Oh man the things we do for love:brolleyes: