PDA

View Full Version : Driving in heels

Jonien
06-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Has any one had priblems driving in heels

Jonien

Fallen Angel
06-03-2005, 12:07 PM
it does depend on the size of the heel i have some plattforms that i will not put on untill i get to wear im going xxx

Natasha Anne
06-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Anything above 3 inches and I take them off and drive barefoot or with stockings. Depending what I'm wearing.

Sherlyn
06-03-2005, 12:08 PM
I have not.. thank god .... and i also have too clutch...4 inch heels too :whistling

CharleneCD
06-03-2005, 12:25 PM
First time I tried I quickly was driving in stockings. All the fun new experiences.

Rachel_740
06-03-2005, 12:45 PM
No problem in 1 1/2 inch heels. I've got a pair of bots with 3inch heels but I've not tried driving in them - I don't think I would, I'd wear a pair of flats in the car.

Anne

Emily Ann Brown
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I sit up high and over the pedals. But I can see a problem in my car where my legs are almost horizontal to them. Haven't tried that yet.
Emily Ann

ronna
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Now I'm going to have to try that just to see!
You see a lot of "pedal pumping" pictures, but they're usually parked, with the door open so you can see.
I'll let you know how it goes!

Stephanie Brooks
06-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I've driven in 1" heels, but never higher. Will be doing 1.5" heels tomorrow night (with any luck!). I have a manual xmission, but the clutch was never a problem. The gas pedal tends to be worse for me. In the worst case, one can keep a pair of flats/loafers in the car for driving.

sara_also
06-03-2005, 01:01 PM
I have driven with heels several times 3" and have never had a problem. Just seem to be natural for me. But be sure to be careful.

lauren
06-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I've made several 1100 mile trips driving my pickup truck in 2-1/2" heels without problems. The gas pedal is more upright so I don't have to extend my foot as much as I would if driving a car.

Lauren

Imogen_Mann
06-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Having seen GG's driving... Most of them take the heels off, My best GG friend has a pair of Nike in the footwell for driving in. Maybe it's just her, but she says it's for better controll which is a good thing as she drivs a BMW 635, which she has no intention of bending. I dont want to bend my (cheaper) car either, so I take the hint and wouldnt drive in heels.

XX

Jayme

mand
06-03-2005, 01:21 PM
No problem driving in them but I take them off all the same due to scuffing the backs and ruining them.
I keep a pair of old slippers in the car ;)

love mand xxx

Ashley Allison
06-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Haven't tried it nor do I ever plan to. If I was dressed up I'd just take off the heels and wear some Puma Speedcats driving shoes , and it wouldn't be totally drab because for some reason GGs started to casually wearing the same exact Pumas cuz they're not fashionable? :confused: The pair I have is black, but maybe I'll get a pink pair. :D

http://www.robertwayne.com/ProductImages/puma/300416l.jpg

Jonien
06-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks Ladys
Only been out once did't have problem in 3" heals but that was only a short run but I could see full throtle on a long drive could be

Thanks again Jonien :kissing:

Stlalice
06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I routinely drive for short runs in 1" to 2" heels - the big problem as most women will tell you is scuffing the backs and with 3" or higher heels comfort on long trips. For long runs try a pair of driving Mocs. Lands End has some really nice ones as does LLBean. You can also put a piece of carpet in the foot well to prevent or minimize the scuffing problem.

Jonien
06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
I routinely drive for short runs in 1" to 2" heels - the big problem as most women will tell you is scuffing the backs and with 3" or higher heels comfort on long trips. For long runs try a pair of driving Mocs. Lands End has some really nice ones as does LLBean. You can also put a piece of carpet in the foot well to prevent or minimize the scuffing problem.

Thanks the carpet sounds like a good idea

Thanks again Jonien

Katrina
06-03-2005, 04:35 PM
I have driven around town in 3" heels. I wouldn't drive any longer distance though.

sky0629
06-03-2005, 07:57 PM
i enjoy driving in heels 3 to 5 in. got a clutch to work took a little time to get the hang of it but i enjoy it.

sheiligh
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
i dont have any problems driving in heels if they arnet to high, but i have a story to tell about my gg neighbor driving in heels though! she went to go to work on a mon morning and thier big motor home was parked in the drive way in front of the garage, they had came home from a week end camping trip the night be fore, instead of waking her husband, she decided to move it so she could get the car out and go to work, she works in office so she dresses professinal wearing high heels of course, she got in it and attempted to move the big rig and when she stepped on the gas some how her high heel shoe got caught in the pedal arm or somthing, the vehicle shot down the drive way in reverse across the street over the side walk and across the neighbors yard and slamed in to thier house, luckily no one got hurt, but it did about 22000.00 damage to the house and totaled the motorhome. she hasent drove in high heels since.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Stillettos. No problems, but I didn't like it. I actually prefer to drive shoeless. (:

Addie
06-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but doesn't if feel "free"?

Its the closest u can get to bein' in public as U. Right?

Clare
06-03-2005, 10:46 PM
I have only drive a few times in heels and they were less than 2", so it wasn't so bad. however, i think very high heels of stiletto type heels could be tricky, especially on a long trip, so i would do as others suggest - wear some flats, whether drab or femme, just to be safe.

Christine

Deidra Cowen
06-03-2005, 11:05 PM
At first it was hard and I kicked my heels off...but I've gotten a bit used to it and the last time I drove around Atlanta as Deidra I kept my heels on the whole time. Three inch sandals.

By the way the first time I drove I had the radio off and concentrated 100% like I was 16 again. (was nervous as heck) But after doing it a few times I've gotten confident and have driven thru some conjested areas here in Atlanta. I got the radio going and even smoke like a femmy while driving. You know cig in my hand up on the steering wheel.

I like driving around as Deidra because it hides my big body (I've lost 25 pounds but am still rather big for a lady,) ...if there is ever a time I can come close to passing it is when my body is obsured which works nicely while driving.

I'd love to have few pics of me in the car taken but that would probably clue some people in on who Deidra really is when they saw the make and color of the car! So I guess no go on that.

Holly
06-03-2005, 11:18 PM
The longest trip I've driven in 3" heels is from California to Las Vegas (about 4 hours). It does take some care to not scuff the backs but it can be done.

rexy
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
hello i just went out a T DARK TONIGHT AND DROVE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HEELS , IT WEAS REALLY AN EYE OPENINGTIME I DO NOT KNOW HOW SOME WOMAN CAN DRIVE IN HEELS

Nicole_Lasmedias
06-04-2005, 02:24 AM
I love driving in heels! I drove 560mi in 4 inch stilettos.

http://www.fredericks.com/images/6/64249_66_lrg_a_5200.jpg
I loved it. stilettos didn't slow down my reaction a bit... I almost hit a deer at night, but reacted on time, so I was able to stop the car. I really love heels, I wish I could wear them all the time

Karyn
06-04-2005, 02:39 AM
I've driven in heels all the way up to 4" with ankle straps, but for long drives I prefer a pair of slides so they're easy to kick off and drive in stockings if my feet get tired. I put the top down and went for a cruise the other night in these and it was great.

DonnaT
06-04-2005, 03:07 AM
I find it just as easy if not easier to drive in heels. And I drive a manual transmission.

stefanie
06-04-2005, 04:05 AM
i have driven in heels quite a bit. I really enjoy the feeling of it. Over the years, I have done less so as I really hate scuffing my shoes...just takes away from the sexy, dainty appeal. I have also become more practical and safe now and have moved to lower heel shoes or flats when driving. There's something about opening your door, sliding your legs out, slipping on a pair of heels and knowing that others could be watching.

stefanie

AbbyLee
06-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Honey, I love driving around in well fitting 3" heels, it is so sexy. Never tried any longer heels than that.

AbbyLee

Tristen Cox
06-04-2005, 07:43 PM
I thought of keeping a pair of heels in the car for to and from work purposes, but alas not too much clearance under my seats. I don't want to ruin my nicer high heels so I tend to wear flats, or very low pumps if any. By low I mean two inch. Still cures the fix though. :cool:

sheiligh
06-06-2005, 07:00 AM
driving in heels in ATLANTA!!!!????? you must have a lot nore nerve than i have, i have a brother who lives near airport in suburbs, driving down there in drab is challanging enough for me!!!! you're a lot braver than i am girl!!!! luv sheiligh

LindaTS
06-06-2005, 07:44 AM
I've never had any problems with 3" heels, which I usually wear when I go out. Don't know about anything higher.

Deanna2
06-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I love driving in heels, but the first couple of times were a bit scary until I got used to it.

ronna
06-12-2005, 09:42 PM
I love the pink Pumas.
Now I think I'll have to get some of those!

JoAnnDallas
06-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I have not had any problem with 2" heels. Have not tried anything higher.

veronica
06-12-2005, 10:20 PM
i've gotten used to 3"-4" heels but tried it with my 6" platforms....thought i would die. i just recently learned to walk in them.

my only problem is i'm afraid truck drivers and drivers of suv's will find me out while stuck in traffic :eek: :cry:

Jonien
06-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for your input girls been out quite alot since and got use to it no problem with 3" heels yet to try higher ones Have got to try it soe day.

eileen1969
06-13-2005, 01:14 PM
than being in a car with some kicking tunes and the wind blowing in your hair!
the fun part is pionting toes with your sexy pantyhosed feet on the pedal! and just cannot forget them sexy high heels too! the icing on our sweet cakes! ;) :thumbsup: :D

Amelia Moxon
06-13-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't Like driving in heels I tried reversing in them once, and found clutch control difficult, I prefer trainers gonna get me some of those pink puma ones I think, mmmm cute.

Michelle

Maddie Knight
06-13-2005, 03:43 PM
No problem driving in heals but I have to move my seat forward.

MelindaC
06-13-2005, 05:38 PM
I've never had any problems driving in heels up to 3 inches. But I never wear heels more than 3" anyway --- that's my limit. Up to 3" I can walk naturally and ladylike, but not in anything higher than that. And I sure do enjoy being out ... driving or whatever ... fully dressed. I just feel so free and more relaxed.

Shinya
06-13-2005, 11:44 PM
It has been too long sense I post around here.

Ok, now picture this. I am 6'4" flat and drive with 5" heels in a 1991 toyota corrola 5 speed :eek: .... The highest heels driving in 5 3/4", not very safe :rolleyes: .... Highest platforms 6", what was I thinking. :whistling

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=145268&postcount=91

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-14-2005, 01:40 AM
It has been too long sense I post around here.
Someone actually mentioned you a short while ago to me. o__o
Because I am into visual kei as well.
Glad to see you are still around. n_n

MarieTS
06-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Never a problem. It's always felt very natural right from day 1. It feels so comfy that when I'm drab I wish I had on a pair of pumps. I usually wear 2"- to 2.5" heels. My one pair of 3" aren't even a problem. Oh, and Alice... I love your carpet suggestion!