PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to word this.......re compliments to other cd's

Jess_cd32
11-11-2008, 05:36 PM
When I see pics of certain cd's here that are dressed in a sexy fashion I often compliment with something like "very hot looking", or "wow!, very sexy" etc... and have recieved such replies myself on a few pics posted.

Where I'm comming from in my thinking and comments is like any GG would compliment her GG friend on such a look, with no sexual advance or thought in mind, just a compliment girl to girl so to speak.

I've heard over the years plenty of GG's compliment eachother in such ways, I'm assuming most cd's are the same in just taking it as just a compliment when they recieve such themselves?

Personally that's how I give and take them with no other intent, is everyone similar basically when you recieve or give the same?

Being relatively new to the forum, and maybe others feel this way also, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable if I complimented someone and they took it the wrong way or feel uncomfortable about it. If that ever does happen PM me and I'll be glad to change whatever was said, your comments........

avril findlay
11-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Exactly as you've said. If I receive a compliment to me it's just one girl complimenting another. And if I give a compliment I'm just a girl complimenting another girl. That's all.

Fab Karen
11-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Those two phrases are pretty commonly not taken as expressing personal interest in the person. If I wanted to express such interest, I'd use different language.

Maria2222
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey Jess.
You can compliment me all you want. LOL.
:hugs:

charlie
11-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Hello Jess!
I'm as much as a attention ***** as the next! Any compliment at my age is great! Don't be to careful here, most of us aren't that touchy. Hope you are not either.

ggtracy
11-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Just my opinion: I am a GG. I think a lot of us have a hard time hearing or seeing our SO's make/receive comments like this. sorry but sexy and hot are two words I have asked my SO not to say to other CDers or other females for that matter. I can appreciate the admiration and encouragement one wants to give to another, but I think comments like beautiful or nice would be more appropriate.

but this is just because we are in a committed relationship and I think its too easy to blur the boundaries if one is not careful.

Karren H
11-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Being a Mod on a women's makeup forum.. Trust me.. Women use the same if not better wording to describe other female members photos.. Yeah there's a lot of "cute" and "pretty" but just as many sexy babe... Smokin..!! Hot!! Compliments... I even get a lot of sexy hot legs comments when I posted the Naughty Nun pics over there... From women.. .. One of the Jr Admins has a Zebra in heels for an avatar right now.. So she's Zexy!! Hahaha

Kathleengurl
11-11-2008, 06:21 PM
The other edge of variety...
...That is to say that voices here take a different tone than typical GG to GG compliments. So many of us gurls are adamantly heteralsexual men who like to dress like like women. --as such, compliments take a different tone and carry a different message.

V/R --K

docrobbysherry
11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
In that time, I've had many complimentary posts, and PMs. Some of them say I look, "hot', "sexy", or similar terms. All of which I absolutely LOVE!:love:
(Hint, hint!):D

In that time, I've NEVER had even one suggestion from anyone here, that their comment was intended as anything other than an encouraging compliment!:daydreaming:

I can tell U from my experience on other CD sites, that MANY compliments there, r given with the hope of getting much more personal with me!:Angry3:

The MODS here have done an outstanding job of keeping the site clear of trolls. If people hook up here, I expect it's all done in private!:hugs:

I appreciate both the compliments AND the frank honesty I receive here. It seems to keep me both grounded AND encouraged.:sad::)

Jenna1561
11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Just my opinion: I am a GG. I think a lot of us have a hard time hearing or seeing our SO's make/receive comments like this. sorry but sexy and hot are two words I have asked my SO not to say to other CDers or other females for that matter. I can appreciate the admiration and encouragement one wants to give to another, but I think comments like beautiful or nice would be more appropriate...

I agree with Tracy. I may be a bit of a prude, but those types of compliments don't sit well with me either, even though they aren't generally associated with me. I would not appreciate anyone posting such a compliment aimed at my wife, whether it was another woman or not.

Being a Mod on a women's makeup forum.. Trust me.. Women use the same if not better wording to describe other female members photos.. Yeah there's a lot of "cute" and "pretty" but just as many sexy babe... Smokin..!! Hot!! Compliments...

Karen is most assuredly correct, but I work with numerous women and would never dream of complimenting them in such a manner. Most of them compliment each other and I have never heard any of them use similar phrases. Now posting on a forum is much more anonymous and posters tend to be a bit more aggressive.

The other edge of variety...
...That is to say that voices here take a different tone than typical GG to GG compliments. So many of us gurls are adamantly heteralsexual men who like to dress like like women. --as such, compliments take a different tone and carry a different message.

V/R --K

Kathleen has a good point here; we are not typical GG's and our compliments may take a different tone. I know I'm a prude and perhaps a bit Victorian, but that's who I am. I compliment other women all the time and I would not dream of telling one she's "Hot". Just my 2 cents; O.K., maybe it's more like fifty cents, sorry for carrying on. :)

Jenna

Michl41
11-11-2008, 06:55 PM
I call it as I see it, if someone looks hot, compliment them and tell them so. It's one girl complimenting another. We are illusionists, if we create a good illusion, then compliment it. It's not often that one is complimented, let it be good medicine, it's great to feel good!:2c:....................Michelle

Deborah Jane
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey, i,ll take anything i can get :daydreaming:

Lilith Moon
11-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Whether you are GG or TG, if you hit me with "sexy" or "hot" this pussycat will purr loudly :o

RylieCD
11-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Kathleen has a good point here; we are not typical GG's and our compliments may take a different tone. I know I'm a prude and perhaps a bit Victorian, but that's who I am. I compliment other women all the time and I would not dream of telling one she's "Hot". Just my 2 cents; O.K., maybe it's more like fifty cents, sorry for carrying on. :)

Prude, I guess put me in that category too, and maybe it is on how we read the words. But this is a CD forum and knowing that married males are making comments like hot or sexy to another male who is presenting as a female is inappropriate. Some of us are in a commited relationship and our SOs are on this site as well or have invited friends to expose our lifestyle to. But when they see their SOs or other married CDs commenting in such a manner it does start questioning all over again.

Yes, I would say, My wife and I enjoy looking at the pictures, It shows that you can make a good looking female out of male body.

tamarav
11-11-2008, 08:07 PM
We each hear what we want to hear and when I get "sexy" or "hot" comments I simply take the comment as a series of positive words, that's all. My wife noted that some of my pictures got more positive comments and she understands the point of view we as CDs are coming from.

I will keep my positive comments as sterile as possible from the following set of words, "bitch, gulp, damn, hot, sexy, "make me write bad checks" , and Yes!" I have yet to take a "How to speak like and compliment women" class so this is all I have to work with.

Tami

Fab Karen
11-12-2008, 06:19 AM
I will keep my positive comments as sterile as possible from the following set of words, "bitch, gulp, damn, hot, sexy, "make me write bad checks" , and Yes!" I have yet to take a "How to speak like and compliment women" class so this is all I have to work with.

Tami

Bad checks? I prefer good checks. I need a new pair of shoes ( all the ones I have now are not new ):D

Miss Tessa
11-12-2008, 07:46 AM
That's a good post and a good point!

Straight guys don't really do that to eachother you never hear straight men have the balls to tell their homeboys "Hey you look hot" or "That shirt makes you look handsome."

But when CD's and TV's see another CD or TV they think looks good, they tell them so because they have a feminine side and are ok with being feminine.

So yes, TG girls act like GG's and have no problem complimenting eachother.

Most the time it's just a compliment, but sometimes it is hitting on somebody because alot of us like other CD's TV's and TS's... We wouldn't mind having eachother in our beds some of the time for certain people.LOL I guess it's just the T about how we are.

Teri Jean
11-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Jess,
When I give compliments I do the same, it's like two girls praising each other and nothing more. Now when I praise a women (gg) on her looks it usually the same but then there are times, and they are special, where it is more. I'm still a man but I have become more conscience of their appearence and understand better the efforts they put into their appearence. Keli