PDA

View Full Version : Crossdress for Red Cross

Veronica27
11-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't know if this happening has been covered here before, but I somehow tripped over this site while looking something up. I'm not sure which forum it would best belong in, but it invites some discussion about getting the public to be more open and accepting of the fun aspects of crossdressing. We need to promote more of this type of campaign.

http://www.redcross.org.au/crossdress/

Veronica

Brandiwvr
11-12-2008, 01:30 AM
as a current member i wish we could do this. to much taboo. but if i did crossdress, what would i wear? as a M 2 F just reverse? but wouldnt be a long enough day for this either. could be fun. have served in many national events including Katrina, and am mildly dressed. we are there to work. this would be so much fun.

Zenith
11-12-2008, 01:33 AM
The Aussies have all the fun...eh Batty? :hugs:

battybattybats
11-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Ah drat! I forgot all about that and missed it again this year!

The Aussies have all the fun...eh Batty?

I dunno there cobber, theres a $#!^load of you CD sheilas raise'n the roof right off the shed over the pond in yank and pommy-land and thats too bl**dy right mate, you better F---'n belive it! Strike me pink and drop me in the septic if I'm having a pull of your chain.

And yes foreigners and urban Aussie's, that really is the way many rural people spoke as of the early to mid 80's when I lived in Nyngan. Now from what I hear there is less colloquiallism and much more swearing.

Yeah, well, I always did think the Australians were braver than the Americans.

To give everyone their due that varies a lot depending on what they are being brave about. Sure we gave women the vote before you did (though New Zealand was before us!) but both nations have had their shares of heroes and maniacs. We don't even have the courage to live in a republic! But we do have the courage (or rather the stupidity) to a democracy with have no formal rights! But then America has the courage to have non-compulsary voting! that is courageous!

And we gave up our space-program while you went to the moon! But then we also gave up our nuclear weapons program before making any nukes.

So lets not split hairs about who is the bravest and just respect that each country has its share of heroes, villains and cowards, strengths and weaknesses and that we are all greater because of our international friendships cooperation and alliances.

*Batty steps down from podium to great applause and gratiously accepts the post of Secretary General of the United Transgender nation, walking on rose petals tossed by the masses to the black limosine with silver art-deco bat hood ornaments instead of flags* (ok, a girl can dream can't she! lol)

Janie Gunn
11-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Eh, good one Batty, freakin hilarious. Damn shame that you live in NSW and me in SA, how great it would be to catch up.

Janie

amber 07
11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I have to disagree a bit, Batty. I lived in a small town(Candelo), in SE NSW on a sheep station for 2 years and the majority of the locals still spoke with such colloquialisms. I used to dread getting into a conversation with a local because I had no idea what they were talking about. That passed with time, and familiarity, and I rather enjoyed my stay. The town had a population of about 200 and it was like stepping back in time to the early 50's.

Yes, we encourage all the people to vote, though there is no mention in our constitution of such a right in a presidential election. We have a right to vote for a state representative who will represent us in such an election. We usually are able to have our leaders chosen by less than 50% of the eligible(?) voters.

You have to be brave in a country where all the snakes and the majority of spiders can kill you. My hat is off to any Aussie just for perservering. Hugs, Amber

Zenith
11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
...I dunno there cobber, theres a $#!^load of you CD sheilas raise'n the roof right off the shed over the pond in yank and pommy-land and thats too bl**dy right mate, you better F---'n belive it! Strike me pink and drop me in the septic if I'm having a pull of your chain....

And Batty pegs the cliche' o' meter to the right on this one...you forgot to mention Vegemite mate...:D

:roflmao:

battybattybats
11-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Eh, good one Batty, freakin hilarious. Damn shame that you live in NSW and me in SA, how great it would be to catch up.

Who knows Janie, if they get a cure or treatment for my CFS or I finally get one of those 'spontaneous remissions' some are lucky to get then anything will be possible.

I have to disagree a bit, Batty. I lived in a small town(Candelo), in SE NSW on a sheep station for 2 years and the majority of the locals still spoke with such colloquialisms.

That's good to hear. It's certainly not the case much here in Northern NSW and I only have 2nd hand reports for the Central West as I've not been back there for many years.

You have to be brave in a country where all the snakes and the majority of spiders can kill you. My hat is off to any Aussie just for perservering. Hugs, Amber

I'm sure it's not the majority of spiders, the whole flesh-eating toxin with the white-tails was debunked, the redbacks in everyones backyard are essentially just black widows so they arent really that bad (though the ones that are shaped like daddy-long-legs but have the red-back stripe that I took to be a rural myth of hybrid spiders really do exist, and i wasn't willing to hang around it and see if it really was super-venomous or not) sure they can kill you but they aren't half as aggressive as those funnel-webs in season. Though admittedly our spiders can get big enough to eat birds http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2008/10/23/11601_local-news.html

And theres a few pythons in the rainforrest that aren't that bad, it's just that the King Browns and the Taipans like peoples laundries thats all.

And Batty pegs the cliche' o' meter to the right on this one...you forgot to mention Vegemite mate...:D

:roflmao:

Vegemite? Thats for burkes from the big smoke. Out in the bush you slap some Golden Syrup from a big ol tin or some homemade marmalade on your toast and try to get more bread than flies in your mouth when you go to chew :)
And you don't just watch out for redback in yer thunderbox, the green frogs are bigger than a horses hoof cause old Zilla has been feeding them raw meat.

(just for the record, Zilla was my Great Aunt and yes the frogs did get huge, and you always checked the out-door toilet for them after one teenage girl, a friend of my cousins had a terrifying encounter with one lol)