PDA

View Full Version : That's It! I'm out ....

JoannaDees
06-03-2005, 07:18 PM
... in the world.

My plan this weekend was to go out. I don't know why, it was a struggle to justify. This morning, I got up, dressed a bit, saw how I cannot pass. I then took a bubble bath and shaved my legs. That gave me the courage to go out.

So dressed I became. As I backed out of the garage, the door closing, damn, there was the neighbors son! What he saw, I don't know, but I quickly went into forward, opened the garage door, and went back. At this point I thought I NEED to go, so I put on a floppy hat (similar to my blonde wig) and went out again. He was there, but I just ignored and went on.

Now I'm driving. I'm seen. No second looks. OK. So far so good. I'm still alive. I made my way to the "remote" gas station, and of course it was packed. Suck it up baby. So in I went, stopped, hopped out, gassed up. No problem. Seen but no reaction. Again, I'm still alive.

So I drive to Morgan Hill to find a convenience store. I find one. I get out. Instantly a couple pull up and I think I can't go in now. Then I notice a young Hispanic guy looking at me from across the lot. He starts walking my way. Shit. Get in the car. Watch. Here he comes. Damn, he's coming to talk to me. Knock knock, do you want to by some burritos? Smile, no thanks, smile back and off he goes. Hey, I'm still alive. Time to go in. In I go and get a drink. He has no reaction, just have a good day. So I did.

The rest of the time was driving around, stop at a park, and eventually I came home. Not to bad for a first time out I think. I really wanted to stop at a salon to get my nails painted, but chickenitis had set in. It's already hard enough to walk into a salon enmale and have umpteen sets of females stop, turn around, stare and ask can I help you.

It was actually quite amazing. I felt quite calm during all of this. This might be the end of my vanilla life. Where this takes me, I don't know.

Joanna

Georgette
06-03-2005, 07:29 PM
There now that won't hurt did it LOLOLOL Way to go girl if only I could do that again and keep my marriage intact it sounds wonderful Joanna.

Sharon
06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Terrific, Joanna! I'm so proud of you!
This went so well, I think you definitely need to do something spectacular next time. :)

jo_ann
06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
u got more balls than me.. I won't even go in my backyard dressed up, too many snoopy neighbors outside all the time.

JoAnnDallas
06-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I am living with my sister and (yes she doesn't know I'm a CD). She lives on
a corner lot, thus the side walk runs accoss the front, down to the corner,
then up the side street. Her front door leads to the front walk and the back
door leads to the side walk via the private gate.
About a week ago, I decided to shave my legs. I noticed looking in the mirror that I had really nice legs. So I put on a pair of panties and a pad in them. (I have a tendeny to leak), pantyhose, a bra with pads, slip, a skirt that came down to just above my knees, a pull over satin blouse and a pair of 2" heels. I also shaved real close, put on makeup, red lip stick, red rouse, clip on ear rings, and one of my sister's wigs. I changed out my glasses with a pair of my sister's perscription sun glasses. Glad we are near the same. lol.
I picked up my cell phone, took a deep breath, open the front door and
stepped out. After closing the front door, I told myself, "here we go". Walked
down to the front walk, then down to the corner, up the side walk, up the
driveway to the private gate. knowing that at anytime that a car could come
down the street, a person walking down the walk, or working in the yard.
A lady did come out of her house and went down to her mail box, got her
mail, looked up at me, and then turned and went back into her house.
Talk about a cardio workout, all the time my heart was racing and I bet my
blood pressure was up too. But what a thrill it was. In fact when I got to
the private gate, I turned around and walked back to the front door.
I have now made the same walk in different outfits, had cars go by and
each time my heart races, but it makes me feel really good. :) :)

Amelie
06-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey, Joanna, that is soooo cool, I am happy for you. If you didn't get out this time, I was going to come over and drag(ha) you out. You see, the world ain't that bad, it's not filled with monsters that eat CDs.
Can't wait until your next adventure.

Love Amelie

PS-Joannplano, that was some adventure you had, sounds like you almost had a heart attack. Then again you did seem to enjoy your outing, good for you.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Wewt! Braver than me. :thumbsup:

Sigrid
06-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Bravo Deanna! That's so cool. That would be an absolute blast to have your nails done too... I haven't even consisdered doing it in drab... You're light years ahead of me girl!

~Sigrid

btw, what's this about not passing? have you ever even looked at your av?!

Stacie Stockman
06-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Whatever doesnt kill ya, It make ya stronger!

jjjjohanne
06-03-2005, 09:28 PM
You did the right thing not going to the nail salon. You wouldn't have been in control. The safest place to go is to the mall, I think. If you go during the day, especially during a school day, you will have minimal people, and most will be older, or parents with young children. These children will be under 5 and will not likely pay you much attention. Few or no teens will be there and not many men either. I think that it is the best environment for someone who is nervous about being confronted or pointed out. Even if you don't blend in, you will around people who are busy and hopefully distinguished. Gas stations are not such pleasant environments. Parks at night can be dangerous.

Be careful!

Joe

Wendy me
06-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Joanna way to go your frist trip out and sounds like it went well ......maybe next time the nailswill get done so proude of you....you rock........

paulaN
06-03-2005, 09:46 PM
yaaa for joanna. so glad ya made it love. it get easyer too. way to go gurl.

JoannaDees
06-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey, Joanna, that is soooo cool, I am happy for you. If you didn't get out this time, I was going to come over and drag(ha) you out. You see, the world ain't that bad, it's not filled with monsters that eat CDs.
Can't wait until your next adventure.

Love Amelie.

I have a lovely friend who gives me courage!

Love, love, love, love ...
Joanna

Deidra Cowen
06-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Congratulations on your first trip 'out!'

DanaJ
06-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Joanna - wow! Congratulations on your outing! And to think, I used to know you back when you wouldn't even have your nails done :D

DanaJ

JoannaDees
06-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Joanna - wow! Congratulations on your outing! And to think, I used to know you back when you wouldn't even have your nails done :D

DanaJ

Well, Dana, you are one of the friends that have given me courage. I do have my "gel" nails now, thanks to you! :thumbsup:

Holly
06-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Joanna,

Thanks for sharing your adventure with the rest of us. You've proven once again that life goes on after an "outing." Your demonstration of courage is sure to inspire others to venture out into the world in their femme personna's. You should think of your outing as a public service! Keep it up.

biddy
06-04-2005, 12:18 AM
:kissing: JOANNA :hugs: :bow: :kissing:

Fallen Angel
06-04-2005, 12:38 AM
i think its great!! that first step is the hardest but it gets easyer. before you know it youl be piosting all kinds of wounderfull adventures and posting pics of your nails being done great step in the right direction xxooxx

Tristen Cox
06-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Glad to see you back in action, you seem happier too and that's always a good thing. :cool:

GypsyKaren
06-04-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm very happy for you. You had a great time and felt good about yourself while doing it. To me that's passing, that's what it's all about.
GypsyKaren

DonnaT
06-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Very cool Joanna. Do what you want and don't worry about what others may be thinking. It is our life to live as free as you want, and not a slave to anyone elses mind.

Rachel Ann
06-04-2005, 04:03 AM
YAY JOANNA! I *knew* you had it in you!

Now can we go out together somewhere?

*Hugs*

Ashley Allison
06-04-2005, 04:09 AM
Wow that is awesome. I most I have done is a walk around the block late at night.

Tonia
06-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Wow Joanna, that’s great News I bet you had the time of you’re life I am very happy for you.:)

Julie
06-04-2005, 01:33 PM
So happy for you Joanna, as I read your description an old saying that ends in 'bricks' http://img220.echo.cx/img220/15/stepinpoop2yy.gif came to mind. I'm so glad you persevered and everything went well for you.

~Julie~

eileen1969
06-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I smiled as I read your story and it really reminded me of my times! when I was in a particular situation! The car trip and one time I ran out of gas and thought "oh shit!" and I knew I had no chioce but to get out and get gas! Also a time when I rode around until I came close to empty! I eventually had no chioce to go to a gas station! I am reminded of those events that actaullly made me stronger and also even more courage! It does take time and here I sit in a public library which I FIRST started out dressing up! I am here and with my real long girl nails and not dolled up but I have that chioce either to deck out or not! ty girl for reminding me of where I once was and the possiblities of just being! Sometimes a girl still gets scared hun laters Ronxxxooo ;) :wave: :chained: it is possible to break the chain and be free if you believe in yourself and she will come to you!

AbbyLee
06-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Wow!! I wish I was in a situation that would allow me to do what you did, I love your description of the outing, and you passed so successfully. Way to go hun

AbbyLee

Laurie Ann
06-04-2005, 03:53 PM
It takes a lot of courage to go out the first time dressed. I did it recently and I wondered if I was going to die. I lioved and now lookforward to doing it again, still need to work on walking in heel 3" are ok but 4" stilletos are harder.

JoannaDees
06-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Day 2 .... I did go out again. This time more bold.

Getting out of the house was uneventful, but I had to do it twice because I forgot my cell phone. Next stop was Blockbuster to return a movie. As is the pattern, today was a day the local highschool was having a car wash in that parking lot. Oh well, there was enough distance and I returned the movie in the outside slot and left.

Then on to Monterey. Ha ha, while driving I passed some trucks and it made me think of Tonia. I wondered, how does she get them to look at her? When I got there it was overcast and chilly, so I changed into jeans. Walking towards the wharf, I felt HUGE. I was faltering. I finally just found a bench and watched the boats and the people. Lot's of people strolled by. Not a single second glance. I guess I'm doing OK, or EVERYBODY is cool (that's tough to swallow). It was just too cold, so I decide to go north.

I drove to Santa Cruz, drove through downtown and out to the Municipal Wharf. You drive onto it for parking, which I did. This place was crowded, but I swallowed my fear and started out. I just walked, looked at the bay, the birds and so on. I wandered where I wanted to go, to get a beer, and that place was very crowded. I just kept heading in that direction and nothing happened. Well, the sea lions barked, but probably not at me. I was in the thick of the crowd and no reactions. That's a good thing, but one day it'll happen and I need to prepare for that.

I got a beer, and snuck around the corner to a bench to give my mind a rest. Three guys had just ordered and came to a table close by. They watched me. I don't know why, but it was not very comfy, so I went further down the wharf. I learned then do not stare at women any more! I had a nice time sitting out there, just another person in the crowd.

I decided I better go home, because I did not want to agonize over which restroom to use. On the way home I stopped at a liquor store to get some beer. It was crowded, a long line, I had to talk, yada yada but again the world stood.

I'm just shaking my head now, wondering what the heck happened. I suppose it was a combination of passing and cool people. Maybe a restaurant next time. Darn, it's kinda boring sitting here in my closet again.

Joanna

Julie
06-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Way to go Joanna! I remember somebody saying, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself" :rolleyes:

Just about about a month ago I'm out and it's around 6AM. I drive by the grocery store and realize I need some things. I don't want to go home and change, in fact I don't want to change at all. I was enjoying being dressed. So I said "What the he--" and pulled into the parking lot and went in. I must have shopped for over a 1/2 hour and not one funny look. I even purposely made eye contact with two people who just looked and went about their shopping. Not even a bat of an eye. :D

When I checked out I used the self check because I knew my voice would give me away. :o

As I walked out a guy was coming in and again, no reaction.

I can't say for sure but I think I passed that day and I feel the reason is I acted natural. And for some reason I just didn't care if anyone knew.

Congrats Joanna. Now I'll bet you can't wait to do it again! :dance:

Di
06-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Way to go......Took alot of guts so glad you went through with it....in your post you sounded so happy,,,sending hugs

Tristen Cox
06-04-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm just shaking my head now, wondering what the heck happened. I suppose it was a combination of passing and cool people. Maybe a restaurant next time. Darn, it's kinda boring sitting here in my closet again.

I bet the beer had nothing to do with it either :p Well done on your escape into the world. Just try to remember us little people when you get all famous and what not :D

Sharon
06-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Wow, Joanna, this is getting to be second nature to you now! I'm both incredibly proud of you, and, admittedly, a bit jealous. :)

Well -- now we're into day three of your metamorphosis and I can't help but consider what your next adventure will be. Oh, the mind simply boggles at the possibilities....

sheiligh
06-06-2005, 07:09 AM
wheres this going to take you??? i know that answer!!! out more and have more fun doing it!!!!! :D :thumbsup: luv sheiligh

arula
06-06-2005, 07:43 AM
wow wow wow! Joanna, You fill me with wonderful dreams, only a CD can appreciate! Thank you XOX. Arula

Rachel Ann
06-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Joanna, you are leaving me in the dust. :thumbsup: I'm still afraid to go out by myself. :p