PDA

View Full Version : Just how together you have to be to crossdress?

Michelia
11-14-2008, 10:18 AM
This thread has been inspired by many things but specially by Karren's
Snow White thread.

She has said a few times how hard it is to crossdress. How it is a lot of work and you have to be so organized. I sometime asked her how on earth she does it. And I still do not get it.

As much as she dresses it always seemed reasonable that she is always forgetting her key, or camera, or work tag.

Lately, I have finally been getting out and I am realizing just how much is really involved and my hats go of to her again and all those others who mix their lives with nearly daily dressing. I have been only partially dressing during the day and I find that I forget my earrings or forget my lipgloss. I even forgot my shoes. I will be in the middle of getting myself ready and have everything laid out in front of me and I cannot find what I just had in my hand a minute earlier.

Another time I forgot to gas up and when I realized it I had to stop at the gas station because I was almost out of gas and I has already dressed. I picked a lonely gas station but inevitably a guy and his two sons came to get gas on the other side of the same pump. They never saw me and I was about to get away cleanly when one of them came around to ask me if my pump had also been slow. He then went and got the other two and they came around to my side and started talking too. They were nice but I know they were just checking me out. I know I got red (and read) like a tomato.

I still need to learn how to come up with confidence when I need it.

Karren et al : keep inspiring us!

dragdoll
11-14-2008, 10:40 AM
i just go casual, but make-up is key.

Bootsiegalore
11-14-2008, 03:12 PM
I was dressed 2day ago and had to get something out of my corvette. Electricity was out earlier so Garage door would not open when I came back in the morning so I left the car in the driveway.

Later, after i was dressed I had to retreive some items from the car. I checked the house cameras and no one was around. I went out and backed the car into the garage. Then the door was locked into the house.... F*CK!

I opened the garage and walked around to the unlocked front door. I saw noone.

Yesterday I came home and My neighbor came out to the front yard and stared me down..... I just ignored him and unloaded my truck. Either he saw me or he overheard a heated argument with a client from the day before while I was on the back porch (it was really nasty... guy hasn't paid up in 6 months). I do not know. And, I really don't care. He is a retired fireman and afew months ago tried to sweat a new hose bib onto his house and started it on fire. The fire department had to come and tear apart the wall of his garage and hose down the attic and walls etc.... It ws pretty funny and made a BIG mess. His fireman buddies were ribbing his ass about it and laughing the whole time.

that is my only unforgetfull or "not together" moment

Tara

Karren H
11-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Hahaha... Your to kind.... I don't go into detail on all the stuff I forget... This trip started out badly from the get go... It was last minute so I had to get a company vehicle.. Run home and throw some things together and run back to work... I forgot my laptop charger at home.. Ended up draging the docking station from work along because I was so late getting out of here.. I left my hard had and steel toes shoes at home too... But did remember to bring 5 pair of heels and enough makeup for 10 women!! Prioritys?? Luckily we didn't have to go into a hard hat area... Guess I could have taped heels to my ball cap!! Lol

But along the same lines.... From reading posts here and my own experience... Crossdressers are damn hard workers.. Masters at planning, scheduling and coordination... And probably some of the most productive people on this planet!! They have to be to maintain 2 lives and balance family and work and everything else..

But like everything else.. Balance Is the key and after having a total of 7 hours sleep over the last 4 days.... I'm having a hard time staying awake!! :)

Btw.. Everyone over there loved my modern day snow white in jeans!! Hahahaha. I posted it as a non-entry... What a fractured fairy tale we live?

Ohhhh and my first time out enfemme buying gas... In utah... In a rental car.... I was so excited that I forgot to push give me a reciept at the pump.. Which I needed to turn in on my expense account.. And by the time I realized it there was no way in hell I was going to walk into that gas station and ask for a reciept.... So I ate $30 in gas but it was worth it.. Man how things have changed.. That was 5 years ago.. And I'd have no problem today... :)

Sarah_GG
11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
crossdressers are damn hard workers.. Masters at planning, scheduling and coordination... And probably some of the most productive people on this planet!! They have to be to maintain 2 lives and balance family and work and everything else..

I'll second that. Just one of the many things I admire in my SO.

Kate Simmons
11-14-2008, 04:42 PM
As Karren said, sometimes we have to be master planners to pull it all together.That's the "official" story anyway :heehee:. It doesn't always go so smooth. In many cases it's just "seat of the pants" and dumb luck to tell the truth. Sometimes it looks like so much of a convoluted mess before I pull it all together. Any number of things can and does go wrong sometimes but if we have paid attention to the women in our lives we learn how to fake it. For instance, you get all dressed and find out there's a big run in your stockings. Solution: wear knee boots and no one is the wiser. Wrong shade of lipstick, forgot hair brush, the list goes on and on. That's where the fun and creativity comes in though and one learns to roll with the punch. All part of being a woman I guess.;):)