PDA

View Full Version : Buying Clothes

womantrapped2005
06-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Where would be the best place to shop for clothes?

veronica
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
IN THE WOMENS DEPARTMENT :p

womantrapped2005
06-03-2005, 10:24 PM
ha ha, very funny, i meant like wal - mart of jc pennys or something

veronica
06-03-2005, 10:32 PM
OOOOOOOOH :rolleyes:

I find great deals at stores like wal.mart , k-mart...etc.
you just have to have some comfort level. otherwise mail order/internet

thrift stores are really reasonable :wave:

womantrapped2005
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
thanks, but i hope i dont have to do the internet thing, i hate ordering over the internet

Fallen Angel
06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
i made freinds with a place called its fashoin its the sister company of cato the manager and sales ladies a very helpfull im even allowed to try clothes on in the store and there opinions are very helpfull hope this gives you a start xxooxx

Tristen Cox
06-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Ummm - have you given up your idea of trying to be a male to female CD, and now gonna try the other way :D In other words, you are in the Female to Male section...

DanaJ
That's ok I almost hit the wrong bloody button and put this in the Beauty section :strugglin

Rachel Morley
06-04-2005, 12:30 AM
I find Target to be fairly good for everyday clothes.

Clare
06-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Ditto the target.

Here in Australia, I also shop in Rockmans, Katies, and some generic womens stores in the three large shopping centres in my city.

For me, k-mart don't have the quality / style i'm looking for.

I don't have any probs shopping as a male - i have plenty of excuses ofr the sales reps, or sometime they just engage in idle banter which means to me they suspect the clothes are for me, but they won't raise a scene over it.

Chrsitine

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Gottschalk's is coming to mind. Dunno if you have them where you are but I like what they have.

DonnaT
06-04-2005, 02:48 AM

I shop in any store I desire. But it does depend on what sizes are available in the store.

So, what size are you in women's sizes?

Inredsatin
06-04-2005, 06:46 AM
I shop at our local thrift store. you can get some great deals on some very nice clothes and dont have to spend a lot of money to do it. Otherwise I shop at Wal-mart and kmart.
Good luck
Brenda

Wendy me
06-04-2005, 07:30 AM
ok walmart is ok ,,penneys is greate...old navey is cool...pay less shoes is cool....fashion bug is nice...oh hell just go every were my fav.????? i love them all.....

crispy
06-04-2005, 07:47 AM
will somebody hold my hand and show me where the best shops are, please ?

............ I'm so shy. I daren't even look at the shop windows in case they have girly things on display..... somebody might see me looking.... :o :rolleyes:

wendy, you'll help me won't you?

Jonien
06-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Went into Mark's this morning found a basque I liked but to pricy to bye without trying it on so took over to the male side picked up a pair of jeans went into the changing room and tryed it on ok I did't bye it (bad fit) but it saved the 60 mile round trip to take it back

Love to shop Jolien

Rachel_740
06-04-2005, 11:43 AM

Hi womantrapped2005,

I spend a lot of time in Long Tall Sally, but then I'm on a different planet - sorry, continent than you if you have JC Penny.

Jusst a quick question to you as well - could you give yourself a name please, it would be far easier than typing womantrapped2005 each time.

Anne

Rachel Cder
06-04-2005, 12:42 PM
EBAY! No funny looks or feeling strange!

Mandy Salamander
06-04-2005, 01:16 PM
I like consignment shops, and they seem to like CDers as well, 'specially younger ones more apt to purge, then come back and buy back all their stuff, I've developed a relationship with a lady who owns several shops locally, I'm open with her, and she knows I'm completely dedicated and she treats me wonderfully, letting me try-on in a back room, saving things in my size that she thinks I'll like, helping me co-ordinate outfits and choose appropriate styles,(she has great taste, I'm a bit lacking),etc., largely thanks to her I have one helluva wardrobe, I also like to shop for vintage clothing as I'm a bit older so this suits me well, I've always wanted to be a GoGo Girl.

Cissy Suzie
06-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Local consignment shops can be a good place to look, upscale clothing gently used or even old new store stock, usually at rock bottom prices. The longer an item sits without selling, the lower the price gets, until it either sells or the shop owner donates it to Salvation Army, or other charity. :) Which brings us to thrift stores.

You can find nice things very cheap at thrift stores, but you have to be prepared to pick through a lot of stuff to find the gems. :)

My final suggestion is eBay! It is a treasure house of nice things, you never have to pay more than you want for something, and you can shop in the comfort of your home! ;)

AbbyLee
06-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi hun,

I love Walmart and Target. Although they are not stores, thrift shops are great.

AbbyLee