PDA

View Full Version : About Us Being Music Lovers

Lisa Maren
06-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi Everyone

I've heard a few times on more than one forum that we CD/TS love tend to love music. For me, music really does things to me. When music is really beautiful, I swear it can bring tears to my eyes. I mean, I don't just hear music; I *feel* music. Even unexpected things like a lovely theme from a movie can do it. Naturally, I'll try to hide my true feelings when I'm around other non-CDers etc. Anyone else feel the same? Also does anyone else feel the joy that I do because I *feel* and because *feeling* makes you, well, a better human being?

:)

Hugs,
Lisa

wilma
06-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Well said Lisa. The one thing I love about my new self, not that it hasn't been there, Is I can express my feelings about a great number of things. Music is certainly one. I feel the words and I can react to them as I never have before. I also get very emotional with movies, and throw a little music in with the mix and I'm crying my eyes out (mascara running). LOL Wilma

TrueGemini'sWife GG
06-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Music has the same effect on me. I love all types of music.

Beethoven will bring tears to my eyes and will touch my heart like nothing else. (My daughter actually taught herself to play "Ode to Joy" by ear on the piano for me, as a Christmas gift one year. One of my most treasured gifts.)

Metallica will bring out my youth. That free feeling of nothing can touch me and of course that lost feeling of F*#@k IT!

R&B, well that grabs my soul and makes me FEEL.

Hip Hop and Rap, well, that just makes me want to dance and feel sexy.

But Reggae? That is what makes me happy. You CANNOT be in a bad mood while listening to Reggae. I listen to it quite often.

I know exactly what you mean by FEELING music.
Great thing, isn't it?

Serena
06-03-2005, 11:55 PM
I feel music whether I'm Serena or not. It's not so much with modern stuff, but I especially like classic rock. Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, AC/DC, stuff like that. I just feel like I can really experience what the bands are playing, especially deep songs like Dream On, or Death On Two Legs.

Jessica_six
06-04-2005, 12:27 AM
I've never heard that CD/TV/TS's were prone to like music, but here's one that most certainly does!
After being a semi pro drummer/bassist/vocalist for 15 years, and playing in situations that varied from country to theater, from top 40 to orchestras, from jazz to all original progressive rock, I can relate to what you all are saying. Music to me is as close to spiritual as I am ever going to get, I think. It can make me feel better when I'm down. It can make me feel down when I'm happy. It can get me pumped and/or angry, it can get me horny and excited, it can bring both tears of joy and sadness to my eyes.
Music has gotten me through times that nothing else could, especially when I was a teenager, but a few times as an adult too.
A world without my IPod would be my personal hell. :D :p

Kimberly
06-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Music is an amazing source of energy and raw emotion in our lives...

whether or not this is felt by the transgendered population more is questionable.

Sarah Ellis
06-04-2005, 06:07 AM
It has a lot to do with my personality I think.. I am a sensitive person anyway so a piece of music can really touch my heart. Memories can be triggered or deep emotions can surface without me even realising it's the music doing this.
Its a kind of therapy I think because it does release a lot of inner feelings and can make me feel a lot better afterwards.

Satin xxx