PDA

View Full Version : CD Day, My night out, And general thoughts on going out

Janie Gunn
11-15-2008, 09:56 AM
My night didnt go as planned, in fact my night absolutely sucked. Apart from the driving time there and back, I was only out, at the venue for the Feast Festival Opening Party for about 10 to 15 minutes. I was so late getting there, a friend told me that the performers who were on stage were the last for the night, so I'd missed all the ones that I really wanted to see, and certainly rubber bands on wrists was the last thing on my mind. The boots I wore werent entirely comfortable tonite, and carrying a handbag on my shoulder isnt something that I'm used to, so that felt awkward, and I'm sure my uncomfortable state was showing, so when I couldnt find the toilets, I decided that I'd just had enough, yes even after only 15 min the most! so not being entirely comfortable with what you're wearing can put a dampener on the night.
I think I need to remember that on nights that I'm going out, either I have tea early enough, or if I dont finish tea until about 8.00, then its unlikely to be worth making any attempt to go out en femme, which seems to take me 2 hours or more to prepare for. I'll certainly be glad when I have an artistic means to express my femininity (band, theatre or film) because I dont think I'll be going out too much, certainly not unless its a tv friendly event, and the venues I usually go to in male mode, I have too many friends at those places, that I'd be recognised, because I learnt tonight that I seem to be easily recognisable to my friends when in en femme mode, so thats too risky to do that.

Janie

Di
11-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Awwwwwww I am so sorry it did'nt go well. If you decide to go out again may I make some suggestions to make it easier?...if not just ignore em:D
Till you are more experienced ...1)maybe go to places a little further away...next town ect or( like you said) TG events where your friends will NOT be.
2) wear things that you are comfortable in Sher likes her jean skirts...she is comfortable and feels good about herself
3) about the uncomfortable state with the purse ect...kinda rehearse it in your mind how you will carry yourself and act it till you feel it.
4) just don't give up if it is what YOU want to do......it gets easier...I promise...AND another thing...if going out turns out not to be YOUR thing...thats ok....the most important thing is you being and doing what you want. It isn't a race...just do what is YOU:hugs:

Janie Gunn
11-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Di, thanks
re your suggestions;
1). I dont mind seeing my friends at tv friendly events because they are there for the same/similar reason as me. (of which there arent many of those kind of events in Adelaide). I just now know that I could never do so at my regular outings/gigs, which is fine, because I really have too much of a life as 'Greg' to be mixing it that way anyway.
2) I've been wearing sheer pantihose with fishnets over the top, so its been with 2 pairs, last night I was just wearing one pair, so the boots were slightly big and awkward, and my feet werent in the best condition for that pair - one of those dumb style and color over practicality things!
3) I do need to rehearse it with the handbag, a few different ones stuffed FULL of powders, lipsicks and stuff, and I do need to get help with my composure. I think I've sort of got the walk, but theres more I need to learn to 'act womanly' than that. I've missed all the meetings of my local support group for this year for help, (all thats left is the Xmas doo.)
4) Only events, for me, of which there will be more of that I can dress up for, for going to the Feast Festival, its only just started, goes for 2 weeks. Days out with the gurls shopping or lunch, arent for me. And because I've enjoyed being on stage with a band in the past (regular mode), thats where my head is at for this, thats where I really think the fun would be, (and acting). Average Showpony could become Big Showpony, when wearing all that 'gorgeously liberating' girly mask and costume .. when he gets it right!
That what I'm trying for anyways. thanks Di :bighug:

Janie

Di
11-15-2008, 09:17 PM
You are welcome AND big Kudos to you. And you will get it right and the getting it right ( practicing makeup ect) is part of the fun of it all:D

docrobbysherry
11-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Tea! If I ever go out dressed, I'll start with something a bit STRONGER than tea or coffee!:drink:

Nicki B
11-15-2008, 11:39 PM
2) I've been wearing sheer pantihose with fishnets over the top, so its been with 2 pairs, last night I was just wearing one pair, so the boots were slightly big and awkward, and my feet werent in the best condition for that pair - one of those dumb style and color over practicality things!

So, do what genetic girls do - wear socks inside your boots? ;)

If you felt uncomfortable, it was probably a good idea to call it a night - just get back on the horse soon, for something less stressful and less important to you? Go out little but often, to start with. You're training yourself to feel comfortable about it all (and cope with handbags, heels, skirts riding up, laddered tights, broken nails etc) - it's not a competition? :D

Michelia
11-15-2008, 11:47 PM
funny

Tea! If I ever go out dressed, I'll start with something a bit STRONGER than tea or coffee!:drink:

Fab Karen
11-16-2008, 07:26 PM
As I understand it, Ozzies & Brits call dinner "tea." And southerners ( U.S. ) call it "supper."