PDA

View Full Version : Most inconvenient thing about crossdressing..

tanya1976
11-17-2008, 03:43 AM
Just wondering what other crossdressers think about this. Not what causes you the most soul searching etc just examples of what people find a nuisance in the day to day practicalities of life as a crossdresser. For me, apart from the obvious of not being free to do it where and when I choose, it has to be the constant shaving. I love my smooth legs, but maintaining them is a nightmare...!

'One is not born a woman;rather, one becomes a woman'.

kiyohchan21
11-17-2008, 03:59 AM
The most inconvenient thing huh? Hmm? I guess keeping/maintaining my legs smooth urks me a little. lol

ThelovelyMychelle
11-17-2008, 04:02 AM
Omg I am exactly the same. I think it's keeping EVERYTHING shaven is such a nuisance. Sometimes I just don't even worry about it becaomes I'm lazy lol :heehee:

avril findlay
11-17-2008, 04:08 AM
Being made to wear boys clothes for school etc. Just terribble!

Monica_Cobblestone
11-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Keeping my body hairless. Its the reason I'm late for every date haha. Then dealing with the skin irriation after shaving my face or using a depilitory. Second would be the skin softening routine, then the keeping my hair look amazing thing (I have human hair wigs). Somedays I don't feel like dealing with it so I don't.

Nicole Erin
11-17-2008, 05:46 AM
when dressed -
Fighting with pantyhose and having to touch up lipstick. And while I love the look, I hate the feel of all that makeup on my face.

In general - Always thinking about if what I am wearing looks good.

tanya1976
11-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Ha. I could relate to most of the replies. I suppose it's not the shaving so much as the fact that it grows back so quickly...Permanent removal is out the question though. I like the feel of make up however, and retouching my lipstick..If I could get the hang of drinking from cups/glasses without it going all over the rim I'd be alot happier though!

Jess_cd32
11-17-2008, 06:32 AM
............. I like the feel of make up however, and retouching my lipstick..If I could get the hang of drinking from cups/glasses without it going all over the rim I'd be alot happier though!

Don't feel bad my GF can't do it either, lets us know who's coffee cup is who's at least:heehee:

Janie Gunn
11-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I think the shaving is too.

..If I could get the hang of drinking from cups/glasses without it going all over the rim I'd be alot happier though! yeah, good one, I agree.

I've actually been finding a different inconvenience lately. How addictive crossdressing can be, the amount of time that I've spent crossdressing lately has been way too much, that I have let it get out of control. I dont have a job, I've been trying to set up my own business for what seems too long (recording studio), and some days it seems that I may just get a few things done on my computer, dabble with some recordings of mine, and a friends, for a while, but spend a lot of the day dressing, makeup, changing clothes, photos, then put on my male gear if I go out, and come home to do it all over again. So I realised tonite that I need to resist temptation more often, and get a grip :chained::bonk:

Karren H
11-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Everything about this whole hobby is inconvienent... If I wanted convenience I'd find a new hobby or just pick one gender and run with it. Lol. But you know and I know I won't... Or can't.. ..

Sarah...
11-17-2008, 08:18 AM
The most inconvenient thing for my friends and family is that I'm half in and half out the damned closet! This means that they don't always know when they can comfortably call me Sarah or use "She" or "her".

Sarah...

StephanieT
11-17-2008, 08:30 AM
If I could get the hang of drinking from cups/glasses without it going all over the rim I'd be alot happier though!
For me having the lipstick on the glass is one of the things I like. I just love seeing my favorite shade on my glass. Then I get the opportunity to put on some more.

Celeste
11-17-2008, 09:34 AM
One thing I'll never get over is having someone over my place and then getting that feeling of "what have I left laying around" a form,a lipstick,a bra?

Kelly DeWinter
11-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Ripping a brand new pair of stockings ........:Angry3:

Sarah Martin
11-17-2008, 09:47 AM
The most inconveinient thing for me is having to stop crossdressing and go back to being 'male'.

MarciManseau
11-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Just wondering what other crossdressers think about this. Not what causes you the most soul searching etc just examples of what people find a nuisance in the day to day practicalities of life as a crossdresser. For me, apart from the obvious of not being free to do it where and when I choose, it has to be the constant shaving. I love my smooth legs, but maintaining them is a nightmare...!

'One is not born a woman;rather, one becomes a woman'.

Try waxing then, much nicer, and after the first time, not very uncomfortable. We both love it, and it's only necessary to do it once every few weeks.

Hugs, Marci:hugs:

paulaluvssz8
11-17-2008, 10:03 AM
for me it is the hiding the love for crossdressing from my wife.

StaceyJane
11-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Staying in the closet. I really wish I could come out and live happily with my family but be Stacey all of the time.

Janet Bern
11-17-2008, 10:12 AM
The most inconvenient thing for me is to spend all that time putting on a good face to go out.. Dont like to practice either..lol

rickie121x
11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
The most inconvenient thing about my crossdressing is protecting my ego. It is so fragile! If I am "spotted" of if I just imagine that I am or even might be spotted, my self worth is just squeezed flat. I am embarrassed to death.

If I should simply want to go out to the mailbox "dressed", I cannot because "they" will see me. My neighbors are so much more important than I am, and in my heart I feel that "then" they won't like me. (You know what? I don't even know if any of them do like me, anyway!)

When I am "out and about", If someone makes a negative comment re my crossdressing, I am shattered even tho I try not to show it. My emotional damage happens so easily. Actually, almost no one ever says anything - but I am so afraid they might do so. ...happened maybe once or twice in 35 years.

I have been dressing long enough to have mostly overcome the technical difficulties - although it does take me waaaay too much time to get shaved, trimmed and polished, to make up, and dress. In fact, that part has made me feel that just possibly I may not want to "dress" anymore. I know that won't happen, but the thought does occur.

Difficult details: Trying to hide facial wrinkles and age spots. Not remembering which shoes become uncomfortable in a short time. Not worrying about a "run" in stockings. ...a little sweat in my armpit. That wonderful blouse which is now too tight but cannot get rid of it. Putting on a corset. Keeping my nails smooth and polished. And now that I am old, I have to have a list of what to do in what order.... hehe.

Clara
11-17-2008, 10:42 AM
The most inconvenient...it must be hiding from the neighbors and the wider family. Since my wife is accepting I can wear female clothes at home. But if someone is coming over I have to run and change. Annoying.

Jennie CD
11-17-2008, 10:49 AM
:love: The most inconvient thing to me - like the other girls - is ruining a pair of pantyhose when putting them on fast - and forgetting that I have my long nails on - darn. And of course the usual - what to wear, what to wear, and finally what to wear :o. Since I dress full-time in the house that can be a big decision with a full closet full of clothes - sometimes I just give up and put on a blouse, shorts and slum it lol - but I love it and its fun to finally come up with that perfect outfit for the day. Makes my day when I do. :hugs:

Jennie CD

Joanne7098
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I think for me it is the lies to myself and to those I wish I could tell, Ps never have shaved my whole body, it is bad enough just shaving my face sometimes.

Stacye Rose
11-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Short and sweet.

Keeping my eyebrows from growing a forest on my face, while at the same time not getting them waxed too thin or so feminine that the muggles comment.

Covering my dark thick beard well enough to pass, especialy in pictures and/or daylight.

And lastly and most of all, worrying about being read when I go out-I mean in reality nobody cares, so what am I worried about? Besides, 999 out 1000 people will never do anything other than make snide comments, and that doesn't really hurt-Right?

girl_in_pantyhose
11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
when she has to come off and he has to go back on. that is the worst thing for me that is non-soul searching related

Deborah Jane
11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Shaving, hiding it from everyone, having to make sure i don,t leave any clues when people come round, theres so many things, sometimes i wonder if it would be easier if i just stopped doing it!!!

Sarah...
11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Shaving, hiding it from everyone, having to make sure i don,t leave any clues when people come round, theres so many things, sometimes i wonder if it would be easier if i just stopped doing it!!!

Oh yes! Easier for sure. Just nowhere near as much fun!

Sarah...

Deborah Jane
11-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Oh yes! Easier for sure. Just nowhere near as much fun!

Sarah...

Very true Sarah, i think thats why i keep doing it, i enjoy it so much :)

Emma Chase
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm much the same as what others have commented on already.

Shaving ... although love the feel and the look, its time consuming and gets a little expensive with razor blades.

Make-up ... the time it takes to put ones 'face on' and I shudder at the thought of the cost involved with cosmetics being tried onced and never used again.

e

jennylogan
11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Shaving certainly sucks, especially the back, but that's part of the package if you want to be able to reasonably present. The most inconvenient thing for me the limited time en femme. I hate having to go back into drab. I guess it's the old time flies when you're having fun adage.

Schatten Lupus
11-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Having to keep on a pair of socks and sweats around the house when my room mate is home is a pain. Having to clean my nails off before work (usually the night before), and being a nazi about making sure my own shirt is tucked in so no one can see that I am wearing panties.

tanya1976
11-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah ripping a new pair of hose/stockings is definately up there...especially if you've already put your make up on. Getting all dressed up and having nowhere to go is also annoying, although I'm working on this...:)

SherylynJade
11-18-2008, 04:01 AM
For me it would first and formost be the shaving of the face and chest. I can shave and hair will be coming back within hours:sad:. I tried one of those hair puller-outer thingies, but it was just too painful even for me and things like nair just stink to much. Might try waxing one day, but no clue if it works on the face.
The other, and thinking about it now, this one probably should be the first thing is not just being able to come out and tell everyone about me.

Annemarie
11-18-2008, 04:19 AM
The tiresome secrecy, the most anoying thing about it, no doubt about it.

suspender
11-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Pretty well all of it. Shaving etc etc etc that has already been said, but one of the worst is the very quick transformations back to the real world when the unanticipated or unexpected crops up.

DeborahAnne
11-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Getting up in the morning wearing a nightdress and having to dress in drab to go to work. It's probably not the most inconvenient but it is the most infuriating.

jules3367
11-18-2008, 06:33 AM
The most inconveinient thing for me is having to stop crossdressing and go back to being 'male'.

O M G !

Thats exactly it, ok shaving is a chore, lipstick on a glass is a niggle ( but fun ) and yes ripping a pair of stockings just as you're getting ready to go out is hysteria inducing - BUT - the 'having to change back' is the one that hits me hard :'-(

morgansrun
11-18-2008, 06:45 AM
I am wondering why you would hide your crossdressing from your wives. Do you not feel that they have and desirve the right to know? Is that not being dishonest to them? If you are afraid that you are going to loose them, shouldn't you have told them before you got married so they could make the choice? I am just curious as to why you would not respect them enough to be honest with them when I would assume you would want the same respect?
I think I would feel betrayed if I were the wife, I would feel my whole relationship were based on a lie....:kissing:

Jillt
11-18-2008, 08:37 AM
most inconvient not having the budget to shop all the sales! My credit card is always smoking in my purse giggles

sissystephanie
11-18-2008, 08:46 AM

I have to totally agree with Sarah! I am so much more comfortable in feminine clothing!! As for lipstick on your glass, or coffee cup, that is a sign of femininity! I am proud to leave my mark!! Of course, there are brands of lipstick that don't do that but that is no fun!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Tomara
11-18-2008, 08:53 AM
That is an easy one , Hair on my body that should be on my head !! LOL
:) Tomara

janet p
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
I hate having to remove nail polish after going out after work and only having it on for a few hours I wish men could wear nail polish all the time and I don't mean clear!:lol2::love:

StaceyJane
11-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Not being able to do it all of the time.

Christina Horton
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
I hate having to remove nail polish after going out after work and only having it on for a few hours I wish men could wear nail polish all the time and I don't mean clear!:lol2::love:

I have sloved the nail polish delema, I were nail polish all the time. I have acrilitcs and there 1 inch long, and I drive truck,(flat bed) so I have to deal with tarps straps e.t.c. Only woman and some people I work with have said anything about them. Men just egnore them. And I don't care if the like or dislike them , my nails are for me to enjoy not them.

I am wondering why you would hide your crossdressing from your wives. Do you not feel that they have and desirve the right to know? Is that not being dishonest to them? If you are afraid that you are going to loose them, shouldn't you have told them before you got married so they could make the choice? I am just curious as to why you would not respect them enough to be honest with them when I would assume you would want the same respect?
I think I would feel betrayed if I were the wife, I would feel my whole relationship were based on a lie....:kissing:

Some CDers lie to them selfs and some just can't tell there wifes because it's way to hard to. And there are some who did not know they were CDers untill after they were married. Other just can't find the words to explain to there SOs . SO I think you are a little hard on them, Unless your in the sit, you don'y know how hard it is FOR THEM. Eveybody is driffernt.SO give them a break kk. HUGGS.:hugs: :canada:

Sonia Greene
11-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I KNOW the most annoying aspect of dressing............unless there's a department store or a public loo nearby, it's wondering where there is one!
Of course, being in a new town or area makes it doubly difficult.
But in the country--- no problem!

Jennifer James
11-18-2008, 12:20 PM
most inconvenience would be getting opportunities to dress and also hiding my stuff is a pain in the rear. also I dont have much money so being a gurl gets expensive :(

kimmy p
11-18-2008, 03:12 PM
How about when nature calls???? Moving skirts out of the way, then the girdle, pantyhose, panties...... Whether you sit or stand it's still not convenient.

kimbow
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
For me it has to be the hiding of my clothes, not being able to tell my wife (she would never understand), not being able to shave (work issue) and honestly.....not having anyone to share it with. I mean someone to dress with and to offer advice or tips. I am new to dressing and theres so much I dont know

Patty
11-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Getting up in the morning wearing a nightdress and having to dress in drab to go to work. It's probably not the most inconvenient but it is the most infuriating.

Yes on a daily basics

Jennifer Lynndon
11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Having to keep my weight under control to fit into my girl clothes.
I'm too tall so a lot of my stuff has been custom-made and I really like just pulling them out of the closet and having them fit properly.
But if I gain just a few pounds nothing fits the way it should!

FanciJewel
11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Getting all dressed up and having no palce to go. Of course if I went somewhere each time I dressed, I wouldn't have the money to dress up.:battingeyelashes:---Fanci

Sammy777
11-20-2008, 11:53 PM
And the #1 most inconvenient thing about crossdressing?

Two words:

Closet space!

suchacutie
11-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Everything about living in two genders is a pain, but the biggest pain is that life is so busy and full that Tina seems to draw the short straw all the time. Maybe it's just that this is only her 4th year. Maybe I just need to reorganize my life to give her a bit more time. Of course, then I'd need another closet for all her stuff!!! :)

But really, I'd not complain about the hour a day it takes to maintain "her" body (no matter how I'm dressing that day) if life were simple enough to give her a big chunck of time every week. I really miss her often!!!

txrobinm
11-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Watching what I say not to give too much away down here in Bubba-land. "That color top looks great on you!" "Are you sure I'm not allowed in belly dancing class?" LOL!