PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with TWC wigs?

Jadeanne
06-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone on this forum has bought anything from TWC - The Wig Company, and if so, how was their experience?

I have read positive things posted about Paula Young and have bought from them (including the one I'm wearing in my "Jade the Maid" avatar), but haven't seen anything good or bad posted about TWC.

I signed up for their catalog a long time ago on their website and have been receiving their catalogs but never ordered anything. The latest catalog has a special outer cover with highly discounted prices - lots down in the $29 range.

I am looking foreward to responses.

Thank you.

Jadeanne

JAYNETHOMPSON
06-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi
I've used Paula Young many times and find the wigs are very good. However I now prefer using ebay; prices are much better and the selection is much wider: just search on wig.
x
Jayne

Mandy Salamander
06-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Jadeanne, I started losing my hair about 4 years ago, so have been desperately trying to find plausible wigs/suppliers, have tried TWC, liked one wig (Madison) from them but overall much prefer Paula Young or even better BeautyTrends, in similar price range,/. have tried ebay as well, too hit or miss for me, got couple great wigs at low price, can too easily get ripped off, eg: bought one wig, advertisement was pictured 'Veronica by Henry Margu' emailed seller prior to bid, he was vague but took a chance, wig received was cheap similar style, low quality./. I strongly recommend shopping high end dealers for clearance/close-outs as I've found nice ones there, reasonably priced, problem there being that if you find one you really like, often can't get another,/. Actually most wig shops I've found are pretty helpful and understanding, if you can go that route, also.

robynlane
06-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I've 5 wigs now, all from Beauty Trends. Can't really say they're the best around, only that they've been GREAT to deal with, and really love their "Wig Search" on-line tool. Never had a problem, and the orders are filled immediately, I usually get it within a week. They're at: http://www.beautytrends.com

Attached is my current favorite wig, Bayside (wearing it now!). Mine's the "deep red" color.

Robyn :)

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Nupe. I got mine from http://www.3wishes.com/wigs.asp

Vamp - copper red n_n

DanaJ
06-04-2005, 08:41 PM
I've 5 wigs now, all from Beauty Trends. Can't really say they're the best around, only that they've been GREAT to deal with, and really love their "Wig Search" on-line tool. Never had a problem, and the orders are filled immediately, I usually get it within a week. They're at: http://www.beautytrends.com

Attached is my current favorite wig, Bayside (wearing it now!). Mine's the "deep red" color.

Robyn :)Agreed - I have bought the majority of my wigs from Beauty Trends too - they have a great selection, great prices and really great customer service. Plus, after you order once, you get lots of deals and coupons to use....

DanaJ

wilma
06-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I have 2 wigs from TWC and I like them. I cant compare them to any other because TWC is the only place I have purchased a wig on line. They were very good to deal with. I attached pictures. LOL Wilma

Jadeanne
06-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi all,

Thank you for your replies.

I'm looking at Beauty Trends and some of the other websites suggested.

I plan to wait at least another day before deciding to order from TWC, so more replies are still welcomed.

Jadeanne

Jadeanne
06-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi all,

Thank you for your responses.

I think I'm going to take a chance on a couple of TWC wigs. My wife is trying to decide if she would like a clipon to put over her ponytail.

The catalog I received was the regular summer 2005 one with a personalized front and back cover that had first time buyer discount prices listed on the inside back cover.

Back when I signed up for the Paula Young mailing list, I eventually got a first time buyer catalog with the lowest prices I've seen on the 2 wigs that I chose and bought. The lowest prices I've seen since for the 2 Paula Young wigs were higher than what I paid.

These wigs will be numbers 4 and 5 in my collection and I will be experimenting with longer hair than my current 3 (short and midlength), but staying with blonde and curly/wavy.

When I dress femme, I'm a blonde (what little of my real hair I have left is dark brown and gray) because when I was a teenager, several times I dreamed of putting on femme clothing, looking in the mirror and seeing a blonde girl looking back. The dream comes true at least a little after I put on one of my wigs and look in the mirror (the very same mirror that was in my dream).

I prefer wavy or curly wigs because they seem to look good out of the box and still look nice after repeated wearings/shampooings (I bought the wig care kit when I got my Paula Youngs).

My long range plan is to find the wig styles I like best, experimenting near the bottom of the price scale.

I am probably in my last full year of full time work. After I retire, then I plan to get a lot more familiar with makeup.

Eventually, I would like to attend at least one far away CD gathering. I feel that by the time I reach that stage, I will be somewhat competent with makeup. Before I went to the gathering, I would make an appointment at a local wig salon, show up dressed and in makeup, and buy a wig or two from them.

I'm not putting a definite timetable on any of the post-retirement stuff because I will be doing it at my own pace.

Jadeanne

nancy58
06-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I have a related question: Are any of these wig companies any better about NOT sending catalogs, coupons, etc.? I am "in the closet" to everyone but my wife, and I would prefer not to have catalogs for wigs coming to my door. (For one thing, the postman is not always careful to put mail in the right box.)

Sharon
06-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I have a related question: Are any of these wig companies any better about NOT sending catalogs, coupons, etc.? I am "in the closet" to everyone but my wife, and I would prefer not to have catalogs for wigs coming to my door. (For one thing, the postman is not always careful to put mail in the right box.)

I'm not sure how you can get around this, Nancy, but would it be easier for you if you put your wife's name on the order?

Jadeanne
06-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi all,

I would like to thank everyone for their responses and post an update.

My wife helped me chose my next 2 wigs and offered opinions on the colors.

Earlier tonight I phoned TWC and ordered 2 wigs - one a long "big hair" style called Mardi, and the other a wavy midlength style called Just Gorgeous, also a folding wig stand for each. I chose similar light blonde colors for both.

The phone ordering experience was good. I gave the person answering my credit card info, customer ID and cataloge number from the back of the catalog, then each wig by style number, size, and color, then the 2 wig stands,then she confirmed the choices, and told me they should arrive in less than a week. She did not try to sell me anything extra.

Jadeanne

Jadeanne
06-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Here is an update:

When I got home from work, there was a package for me. It was discreetly labelled, with just a small TWC logo (NO company name) and address on the shipping label.

My impression of the wigs is favorable. I think they are good quality and I like their fit and look. The only negative is that they sent only one of the 2 stands.

I will report my customer service experience on getting the other wig stand as things go.

Jadeanne

Jadeanne
06-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi all,

I had a medical appointment this morning and took the entire day off, so a little while ago I phoned customer service at TWC and I think I was treated well. They said they will be sending the wig stand that wasn't packed with the rest of the order.

I ordered 2, had 2 listed on the invoice, but only one was in the package.

I will post an update when/if the wig stand arrives.

Jadeanne

Jadeanne
06-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi all,

I didn't get to the forum yesterday (my wife and I were internet shopping together and ordered some things from a couple of places.

When I arrived home from work yesterday (Wednesday), there was a package from TWC with the other wig stand and it arrived in excellent condition.

I am pleased with the quality of the wigs and stands. If they had the right items at the right price, I would order from them again.

I will also investigate some of the other places you girls mentioned when I feel the need for more wigs.

Jadeanne

Tristen Cox
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the updates, I might give them a try next time I go looking. So many wigs so little time:)