PDA

View Full Version : Another Poll: Coming Out

sarah8553
06-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi,

Thought up a real good one!

If you can cast a vote to the poll, that'd be great!

Hugs n kisses,

Sarah. x

Melissa A.
06-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Um...*looks around, tries a few doors* So, where's the poll?

Hugs,

Melissa :)

sarah8553
06-04-2005, 04:54 PM
lol,

Someone always posts before I have had a chance to write the poll options!

It ALWAYS happens!

Sorry about that Melissa - there you go :)

Hugs n kisses,

Sarah. x

Ashley Allison
06-04-2005, 04:59 PM
I already came out to my mom. My dad knows, but I don't really talk to him about it. I recently came out to some of my friends who are middle age lady friends who were very cool about it. :D I haven't told any of guy friends although I might, and I usually steer clear from talking about cd'ing with men. I would absolutely have to tell my SO or future wife because to love me is to love the boy and girl sides of me. :shh:

Imogen_Mann
06-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Partner (ex now) only, and my best GG friend too, thats it for me.

:)

Jayme

XX

Melissa A.
06-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Over time, my whole family, and many of my friends have found out, many of whom wished they didn't know. But I was outed that way a long time ago, and most of my friends know I'm still the same person.

I will share with those who I feel want to know, but will actively hide it from no one. I don't go around telling everyone, nor am I gonna go places where I am known as a guy dressed, just to shock people. I see no point in making people uncomfortable who probably don't want to know.

But I couldn't care less who knows. If I did, I wouldn't have a photo here.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

sarah8553
06-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Partner (ex now) only, and my best GG friend too, thats it for me.

:)

Jayme

XX

Add my parents to that, and you basically have my list.

I think this poll is getting quite interesting!

Thanks girls. :)

Hugs n kisses,

Sarah. x

Wendy me
06-04-2005, 06:41 PM
well the wife ...and i outed myselfe to a freind ....and my mom knows ...soon one day i just think i would like to blow the lid off this thing and not worry abought it at all.....

Clare
06-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I would have to tell any new SO, GF, Wife, etc that i was a crossdresser up front. i hid it from my wife for nine years and it tore me up emotionally, even though i gave lots of hints to my wife - she always said anybody who did something like that wasn't normal.

Otherwise, i don't have the courage to tell my family or friends. I don't have that many friends to start with and i value their friendship.

Christine

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-04-2005, 06:44 PM
World. The only people that don't know are most of my offline friends.
I have nothing to lose really.

Fallen Angel
06-04-2005, 06:58 PM
realy just about everybody thats close knows from my boss to my mom to my freinds i figured it was safer that way so if i was ever seen it wouldnt bother them as much xxoox

Tristen Cox
06-04-2005, 07:40 PM
A partner or friend whom I thought would be supportive :)

Brianna Kylee
06-04-2005, 09:26 PM
i've told a gg friend of mine from school. I want to tell my mom, but i dont see that happening soon, and i also want to tell a few friends.

wilma
06-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure you could say I came out, She found me on this forum. LOL Wilma

TaylorAB
06-04-2005, 11:48 PM
A few of my friends know. I only had a bad response from one of them, but we are still friends. :)

Gabriela Dee
06-05-2005, 01:33 AM
3 years ago I told my wife (now ex), my 3 brothers, my sister-in-law, my mother, and my 4 best friends (2M, 2F).

At the time I also thought it a good idea to allow my wife to tell her 2 sisters. She did that and eventually told other people she shouldn't have (including her parents, when she decided to divorce me - though she felt terrible afterwards for having done that).

From my side of the family and my friends I got total acceptance and support, even admiration. And even from my ex's family I got some understanding and respect, the divorce and all not withstanding. (The fact was that the CDing was not really the reason for the divorce, it just quickened things a bit).

My eldest daughter (now 16) found out a CD profile of mine on the net a few months after the divorce. It was a bit of a shock for her initially, but after I talked to her about it she was ok with it and even kind of proud to be in the know.

I am now in a LTR with a wonderful GG, whom I told about my CDing a month or so after the beginning of our relationship. She often calls me her princess.

Hugs,
Gabriela Dee

Sharon
06-05-2005, 05:57 AM
My gf knows, my sisters know, and my closest friend knows.
The neighbors know also, but it wasn't my choice to tell them.

Jonien
06-05-2005, 06:13 AM
So far only my wife and two close Friend(both GG) know Now I have to tell my Son now thats the hard one, i'm not looking to telling him, but I must before any one knows but it's not going to be easy.

Bigg Hugs :hugs: Jonien

I enjoy being a Girl

jessiemillard
06-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Im thinking about coming out soon but only to my family cos there pretty cool. My friends are a bit strange so i wouldn't tell them and i don't have a gf...

uknowhoo
06-06-2005, 09:26 AM
I had never told anyone, then, a year or so ago I went to a therapist to talk about a few things , i.e. dressing. It was she who suggested going online to learn more about it, and what a blessing it's been. Since, I've told my best ggfriend. Would love to tell my wife, but I don't think it's in the cards anytime soon.

Katie Ashe
06-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Well my wife knows and supports whole hartedly, This past Sat was our 11 Year married :thumbsup: . And everyone on this site knows. Everyone else in the world will find out on the need to know basis, or when I get caught :hiding:

Katie

Kimberly
06-06-2005, 11:22 AM
There wasn't really an option for me :p

I've come out to a lot of close friends, and also to one SO.

Some have never mentioned it again, as they're not bothered; some have taken an active interest in the subject, and some have taken an active interest in ME! ;)

sarah8553
06-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Good for you Kimberley!

Sounds like things have been working out in the end for you...

I hope your friends continue to give you all this wonderful support :)

Hugs n kisses,

Sarah. x

Holly
06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
My wife has known for some time now. No other family. Have considered telling a few close friends, but there is no rush.

Stephanie Brooks
06-06-2005, 08:34 PM
If you want to know me - Stephen - you want to know Stephanie. If you don't want to know Stephanie, you don't want to know me.