PDA

View Full Version : Therapy

Chloe84
11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey all, Im so so excited to announce that Im going to my first therapy session in a few weeks to get my head on straight, lol.

So after a lot of internal debating i'm not sure if I can spend the rest of my life as my male self, or the other way around. Right now i feel more attached to Chloe, as i feel that she is more of who i am than my male side ever was. I have no real attachment to anything my masculine side has. and the list goes on and on. But just to make sure that im not acting silly i thought it was for the best to talk with someone who specailizes in this field, and perhaps they can help me understand my self better.

well, ill keep you all updated with my progress.

Chloe

StaceyJane
11-20-2008, 10:06 AM
That's great news!!
I've been in therapy and even though I'm not looking to transition it has helped me understand myself and make some goals.
My best piece of advice would be to be open and honest.

melimelo
11-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Congratulations! That's the best move you can do for yourself. I guess that some people are so sure of themselves that they can figure out alone what is best for them. Well, I'm not of them... My own situation is a bit complicated and it definitely helps to talk with a transgender-friendly therapist. As an added benefit, after a couple of sessions, I started coming to the session dressed, the only time in the week where I go outside dressed... OK, it's in the evening, it's dark, but it's still a bit scary.

Good luck Chloe, in your soul searching! May you find yourself along the way, as I'm doing right now...

Hugs,

Kimberley
11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Therapy saved my life... literally. And it has kept me alive.

Dont expect miracles. It is hard work and a lot of tears but in the end it is worth every one of them.

Good luck :hugs:
Kimmie

Chloe84
12-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Well, i had a great time last night at therapy. Although it was just the introductory/meet and answer questios session, the therapist was able to sens my want to live a Chloe full time. Her actual reccomendation was that i start living full time asap. I told her that i was still a bit nervous about coming out to work, but that my company is very Gay and Lesbian friendly, so i felt that i might be in a good place.
So my next session is next week, at to which we can delve into deper parts of Me, and i'm super excited to get this ball rolling.

Oh and on another positive note, my family although not liking the fact that Nicholas ( my male self) is leaving them, are all supportive of me transitioning, and that makes me feel good that i have that support so close to me.
Well hope all is well
adieu
Chloe
XOXO

Jessicaparkson
12-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Good for you hun! One of my self requirements for my transition was to attend counseling. It's safety for me as well as my counselor is very knowledgeable in the TS arena and has a lot of very interesting insight.