PDA

View Full Version : Did you think you would stop!

susan2010
11-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I was wondering how many early starters were like me.
I always thought I would stop wanting to wear womens clothes as soon as I:
a. Got a girlfriend
b. Had sex for the first time
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married
Of course I stopped for a while at each milestone, but not for long.

Or did you just assume you were going to keep crossdressing forever?
What about you ?

Samantha43
11-22-2008, 09:55 PM
I knew I could never stop. I enjoy it way too much.

Sophia de la luz
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Although I started at age forty, I started as an innocent exploration rife with sexuality. I had no idea that within six months I would part with all my male clothing for this jaunt I am on.
I have no idea at this point what comes next.

sallyjones
11-22-2008, 09:59 PM
its like if you try you cant, it is part of who you are. good,bad ,or indifferent.

jenny47
11-22-2008, 10:01 PM
it is forever.accept and enjoy.

SexyLatexSamantha
11-22-2008, 10:01 PM
I knew there was no was I could stop. I always told females when I was on a date that I crossdressed. If they couldn't accept it, they were gone. Fortunatly, I now have someone in my life that accepts and encourages me.

victoriamwilliams1
11-22-2008, 10:02 PM
did everything on your list and have not yet stopped! However I have paused a few times:)

raleighbelle
11-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I used to think it was just a phase I was going through, and that I would get over it and look back at it wondering why I did it. Now I realize that this phase has only just begun after over forty years of it!

VictoriaP
11-22-2008, 10:04 PM
I never even thought about stopping; just ways to dress more often.

Cari
11-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Thought I could stop for 30 years, then finally gave in, got ou and accepted it. Wish Id have done that allot earlier.

Cari

JenniferR771
11-22-2008, 10:22 PM
I am with you Susan, Victoria, and Cari. I had exactly the same feelings. I knew I would stop when I got married. And I did stop--until I realized how many nice clothes she had--in my size. And then she bought a few wigs, and ...

susanCD123
11-22-2008, 10:28 PM
I swear I may try and stop again, naaaa, it is way too much fun, and a part of me that I love, I am ok with it!!!
SusanCD

StephanieT
11-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I have dressed since I was very young. I always thought I was strange and my experimentation was a fetish. I never understood why. For years, I did not dress but experimented occassionally with makeup. Since I did not understand myself, I could not come out to myself or my wife. I have known my wife for 22 years and been married for 17. Now I find myself understanding why and enjoying my dressing. So many on this forum say you should tell your SO early so she knows. There should be no surprises in a relationship. How can you tell her early when you do not understand yourself. Now I am afraid to tell her. I am very afraid she would not accept me. A dilemma I am sure many of you understand. I Know I cannot stop, I have been dressing off and on for over 40 years. How do I go forward?

Jenna1561
11-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Always thought the desire would disappear. Tried to quit at those milestones. REALLY tried to quit this last summer. I M P O S S I B L E !!

Jenna

Jennifer Brooks
11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I always thought I would stop wanting to wear women's clothes as soon as I:
a. Got a girlfriend
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married

What about you ?

I was like you in all the scenarios. But as I have gotten older and more knowledgeable about CDing, I know I will not stop.

maid phylis
11-22-2008, 11:07 PM
i did all those things and i even went to vietnam thinking that all of the above would cure me of doing what i always wanted to do.so your answer is we can never stop and its better to just give in and enjoy the ride.phylisanne:love:

Marshchild
11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
No, I never thought I'd stop, probably because, even at a young age, I never thought there was anything wrong with what I was doing. Indeed, I tended to be suspicious of apparently well-meaning assurances (either from people I knew or books I read that touched upon the subject) that I was only going through a "phase" with my CDing, since I tended to see them as subtle (if not downright insidious) attempts to persuade me to stop doing it. I often think that even if I do somehow lose all desire to do it (not that that seems likely), I'll keep on doing it JUST ON PRINCIPLE! :devil:

ElaineB
11-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I had much the same pattern. Nowadays I do not really think about stopping directly. I would still like to, but I see it as one of those things you cannot do if you think about it. Instead I just try to understand myself and spend more time on other things which are more rewarding ... which is not always easy or practical. Straight life can be boring at times but it must be.

sandyb40c
11-22-2008, 11:40 PM
I did all of those things as well and figured I would stop, especially when I got married, but I realise I just can't stop. I tried to stop recently and went through a major purge, but I'm back at it again and enjoying the thrill of buying new clothes, although there are a few items I really am missing. Next on my list, and I am scared the most of this one, is telling my wife of 18 years that she is married to a crossdresser. I have no idea how that will work out, as I know from conversations that she thinks crossdressing is weird. I'd really love her acceptance as I totally adore her and want no other woman in my life, which is why I am worried about telling her. Lots of courage required, that's for sure.

Kendra (Tx)
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
If I were to "stop".. ( not that I would ever want to or be able to stop ) it would be denying part of who I am...I know one thing..Kendra is who I am...and I can't imagine my life without her in it...She is me...I am her...:battingeyelashes:

http://kendra954.com

avril findlay
11-22-2008, 11:50 PM
I've done everything on your list except getting married and I love crossdressing today as much as I did the first time I pulled on a skirt! For me wearing female clothing is as natural as breathing.

Barbaraheels
11-23-2008, 12:20 AM
When I was younger I always thought crossdressing would be part of my life forever. AS I got into my teen years I thought it was just a phase that would pass as soon as I started dating or when I got married. However when I was 20 I realized I would always have the urge to dress at some time so I accepted that fact.

Celeste
11-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Trying to stop put to much pressure on me in the past and I won't go there again.Those milestone points when I tried to distance myself from it,were not happy times in my life.Now, I can control the volume of this essential and enlightening need,keeping it where I want it.I think that if you like doing this you shouldn't try to trap the genie in the bottle,you have open it when you need to.

sissystephanie
11-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Went through all those milestones and did not stop at any of them! Not even for the four years I was in the Navy! No reason to stop now! I enjoy crossdressing, no desire to be a woman, just like to wear their clothes!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

jina
11-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Although I didn't completely understand "me"... I actually just had it in mind I wasn't going to let "my thing" keep me from having a *normal* life (you know, a spouse and kids a la The Waltons, Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver etc - ...The Waltons always used to make me cry when I was growing up, isn't that awful ? I just thought family life would be so beautiful :) .

Actually, I patterned my family life more closely with Paul and Linda McCartney more than anyone else (with far less money though). :)

Somewhat naively, I thought that marriage would be this safe place where all of my unusual-ness would be magically mated with the "perfect" person. When push came to shove though, I hid behind "acceptable" shadows of the truth.

I had a career for a long while where being "somewhat" crossdressed was part of our musical show (shadow one). I always told my wife about my lipstick fetish,.. just didn't completely explain why (shadow two). I "mothered" my young kids, and everyone just thought I was really sweet :) (shadow three). I always insisted on being self employed so I didn't have to "act" all day to the same people over and over (shadow four) etc. etc.

Whenever life would get really hard I would always think,.. well, I can always go off and live as a woman someday - that would definitely cure these blues for sure ! Fact is though, I continue to protect the innocents in my life and maintain my internal balance with integrity (I hope). But my wife has turned out to be the magical mate that I had envisioned after all (long story).. and actually, this site has helped us with that !

Leslie Langford
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM
a. Got a girlfriend
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married

What about you ?
Yes, Susan, my experiences and (wrong) assumptions about my crossdressing and myself in general mirror yours exactly, along with the repeated and futile purges only to start right over again. Thankfully. I abandoned these years ago as they proved to be totally pointless.

Once you get bitten by the crossdressing vampire, you become part of the "undead" and spend the rest of your days in this parallel universe.

Could have been worse, though - I could have been born one of those testosterone-laden, trash talking alpha male jock studs whose entire brain seems to reside in their p*nis.

I shudder to think...

Jenny J
11-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Hi Susan-

Yeah, I thought I could under all of your circumstances and did for awhile but I was only kidding myself. So, I've given in to the urge and try to keep it under control. LOL.

Jen

:rose2:

Ballerina
11-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Growing up with the feelings, I thought I would stop. I didn't really think of any reasons why I would stop, I just figured I'd either stop having the feelings, or I'd just take my secret to the grave. Neither of those 2 have happened, haha

Sarah...
11-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Yep! Checked everything on that list. But I didn't learn fast enough! I was getting further and further through the list and the need to be me wasn't going away. As you'd expect! (Doh!!) Then it dawned on me. Stop struggling against the flow, fool! Get on with it for heaven's sake!

You might wonder how someone like me with a logical mindset could possibly go such a long time without reaching the logical conclusion. I often wonder that myself! And there isn't an answer to that. Anyway, I got there in the end and all is better now.

:hugs::battingeyelashes:

Sarah...

Dana
11-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Although I didn't completely understand "me"... I actually just had it in mind I wasn't going to let "my thing" keep me from having a *normal* life (you know, a spouse and kids a la The Waltons, Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver etc - ...The Waltons always used to make me cry when I was growing up, isn't that awful ? I just thought family life would be so beautiful :) .

Actually, I patterned my family life more closely with Paul and Linda McCartney more than anyone else (with far less money though). :)

Somewhat naively, I thought that marriage would be this safe place where all of my unusual-ness would be magically mated with the "perfect" person. When push came to shove though, I hid behind "acceptable" shadows of the truth.

I had a career for a long while where being "somewhat" crossdressed was part of our musical show (shadow one). I always told my wife about my lipstick fetish,.. just didn't completely explain why (shadow two). I "mothered" my young kids, and everyone just thought I was really sweet :) (shadow three). I always insisted on being self employed so I didn't have to "act" all day to the same people over and over (shadow four) etc. etc.

Whenever life would get really hard I would always think,.. well, I can always go off and live as a woman someday - that would definitely cure these blues for sure ! Fact is though, I continue to protect the innocents in my life and maintain my internal balance with integrity (I hope). But my wife has

W turned out to be the magical mate that I had envisioned after all (long story).. and actually, this site has helped us with that !

When the day is done?

The same thing that's wrong with being a woman is the same as being a crossdresser!

tanya1976
11-23-2008, 05:08 AM
I never really thought about stopping until all the situations you described arose then I realised it wasn't so much a case of not being able to, as not wanting to...

Deborah Jane
11-23-2008, 05:32 AM
I stopped at every milestone and restarted again eventually.

Now i,ve stopped stopping, this is way too much fun to stop doing it :)

Lucypink
11-23-2008, 05:41 AM
I was the same, with each milestone I thought it will stop, but it didn't.
For me was the internet, reading about CD made me more realistic of my situation. Now I can think of it and not fight it, So now I enjoy it each time I can with out regrets.
I think that If knew better when younger, maybe I would be a full time by now....

Shelly Preston
11-23-2008, 05:47 AM
If you add purging at every stage you try to stop

Stopping can be an expensive lesson :(

As much as I tried I have realise there was no point in making the effort to stop

Its just not going to happen so I just enjoy it :D

Rita C.
11-23-2008, 06:00 AM
I have tried to stop a number of times in my early years. All I did was wasit time and money. Every time I stoped all my clothes, shoes, make up, under garments and what ever went in to the trash. In a short time, She was back, so off we went shopping again. I think that all the girls here will tell you about the same story, so if any one is thinking about stopping, you need to look at the time wasited and money. ( she will be back)

Mollyanne
11-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Hi Susan1974, Like you, I assumed the same thing(s) and came to the same conclusion(s), not only did this not happen but my "wanting to dress as a woman" got stronger until I realized that I really wanted to become a female. Its a funny thing, "when the money is there, the time isn't, then when the time is there the money isn't" Just goes to show ya, GOD does have have a sense of humor!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Cathy J
11-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Stop?? Whatever for?? This is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!

Love,

renee k
11-23-2008, 07:30 AM
a. Got a girlfriend
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married

What about you ?

I too paused at each one, thinking I could stop. Divorced, kids grownup and on their on. I decided to take dressing as far as I could short of SRS. Here I am today. Enjoying my life!

Huggs, Renee

Laura Jane
11-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Stop?? Whatever for?? This is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!

Love,

Or even half on! :devil:

anouk
11-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I've thrown my cd equipment a couple of times. The reasons were major changes in my life, including falling in love so deeply that it seemed I wouldn't need any cd life.

Now I know it will always come back and nothing can change that desire....and why should it be changed?

Angie G
11-23-2008, 08:23 AM
There was a few times I didn't dress for some time but I never thought of stopping. and don't think I ever will.:hugs:
Angie

RylieCD
11-23-2008, 08:26 AM
I used to think it was just a phase I was going through, and that I would get over it and look back at it wondering why I did it. Now I realize that this phase has only just begun after over forty years of it!

I used to think it was a phase but afterer multiple purgings I knew it was not. I also thought it would just all go away and I would be "normal" but when the desires came back even after I was married and in a great relationship, I knew I was in trouble.

Jocelyn Quivers
11-23-2008, 08:50 AM
a. Got a girlfriend
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married

What about you ?

All of the above for me as well, including thinking when I entered college, and the world of work. My last thought of stopping lasted about 48 hours 2 years ago.

Always Susan
11-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Never thought about stopping,enjoyed dressing to much. There have been times when I have just not felt like doing it and other times when I haven't been able to get enough.
I've never let crossdressing rule my life. It's my own private pleasure.I just don't have the kind of woman inside me that's yelling" let me out!"

lauraabdl
11-23-2008, 10:09 AM
I agree with Smantha, can't stop and its way to much fun to dress up, all those new cloths every day and so little time in the day to dress, whats a girl to do?
Laura

sometimes_miss
11-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I've been able to stop for quite a while once I'm in a stable loving relationship; stress of any kind keys the urge to crossdress. The first time for just over two years, the second with my ex wife, which lasted about five. I can suppress it to some extent, when I have a readily available source of affection to reduce the stress level. But when I'm alone, there's no relief, and I 'indulge' myself in pretty things. Companionship of a dancer for an hour or two a week isn't enough to quell the crossdressing urge, but at least I'm not so depressed that I cannot function at all.

Jenny Doolittle
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh, So many empty promises to myself.

I can say now I have finally acceppted who I am after like 40 years of saying I can stop. I am truly happy with who I am now. sO I guess that is what is important!

Jenny Do.

Tina B.
11-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I have always known I could quit, I know because I have done it so many times. All the times you mentioned as well as when I went into the service. But as we all know, it is just as easy to start up again, so by the time I was in my late 20's I gave up giving up, told my wife, and let her know "it" was never going away, and if she could not handle "it", I could understand. Lucky for me, she could handle "it", and life has been good every since.
Tina

Jaydee
11-23-2008, 12:06 PM
a. Got a girlfriend
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married

What about you ?

Susan,
I too thought I could or would stop at each of those milestones, and at each one it slowed and was accompanied with a purge, but a little while later the desire came back. It actually did stop for about 10 years after I got married and when the kids were very young, but it eventually came back. I have now accepted that it is part of me and will never go away.

Jaydee

MsJanessa
11-23-2008, 12:17 PM
no--used to think I could stop, now I know better.

Veronica Lacey
11-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Had not thought the desires would really pass but over the years had not known where it may lead. Happy to do it as "a hobby" rather than a lifestyle but would enjoy being able to dress whenever at home. Dressing did not stagger when dating new girls or getting married but perhaps intensified slightly.

Last purged 22 years ago...that is when I accepted that dressing is not just a passing hobby but a part of life. SO knows and is tolerant so the dressing will likely remain known but in shadow for life.

As I sit here wearing my favourite heels, skirt and blouse it all feels just fine, really...:)

Nadia-Maria
11-23-2008, 01:08 PM
First chapter : 5-15 yrs

I dreamed to be a real girl.
CDing was not yet a sexual thing, rather a daydream and something so natural that - if possible - it would never end for life.
CDing was sort of making myself a girl, before transitionning.
Finally, aged 15, I decided to dream no more of transition, and to accept myself forever as a boy.

Second chapter : 16 yrs - 40 yrs

Since I was no more the girl, I needed one, and began to look for a GF.
I was not good at that, as extremely shy with girls.
CDing became the mean to have a girl at home without the need to seek for one. It became sexual, but only in my 20's ! Then I meant CDing as a "backup" whenever I had no GF (eventually most of time, and continuously in my 30's).

Third chapter : getting married

Aged 40 I decided to change wholly my way-of-life, to look for a wife, so that I purged for first (and unique) time all my femme stuff.
Soon after I got married.
Then I believed I would never CD again. In my mind, no need for CD since I was married for life !
Sincerely, I'm almost convinced I would have been able to quit CDing for life, would I have married then the right woman (what is my current SO), because I am strong-willed enough.
Note that I have been able to quit CDing for years whenever I have had a GOOD REASON to act this way.

As a matter of fact I married the wrong woman instead. As soon as our sexual life became deficient, I needed to CD again. Several years later, I divorced.

Fourth Chapter : I began to think about my true needs

I finally understood that I had to express myself also in an artistic mode, and CDing was a good way to do it. Like a theater play, I love to play the role of a pretty woman. CDing is a plus (an extra bonus) in my life, no more just a backup for a deficient sexual life. As a consequence :
I need not to quit CDing, even if married to the right woman.

However, if it was PROVED that CDing was dangerous for my life for instance, I'm convinced I would be able to quit CDing. Because life is higher than CDing in my own priorities.

jina
11-23-2008, 05:15 PM
When the day is done?

The same thing that's wrong with being a woman is the same as being a crossdresser!

I think what you are meaning to say is: that it's not any less difficult to be a woman (is that right ?).

My post was kind of a long way of saying that,.. not only did I *not* expect to stop (and I kept things to a minimum anyway); i actually worked it the other way round.

I always thought that after I got the "business" part of life over with,.. I could find a lot of fun with "my thing" later on. I knew that most of the iceberg still existed under the water line. I just didn't want to let my "creative personality" mess with the template of home and hearth.

What i didn't realize is how painful it would be to live as half a person for the sake of others. I did it though... and now i expect to be "all of me" for the rest of my life.

Farrah
11-24-2008, 02:27 AM
I always thought i would stop at some point. I even set dates when i would stop. For instance my 18th birthday, my 21st birthday, when I have a child. Needless to say I never stopped.

CD Susan
11-24-2008, 02:39 AM
When I was a teenager I thought that as I got older I would 'outgrow' this. I did stop for four years when I was in the military but missed it so much. When I got out at age 22 I started again and now realise I cannot quit as it is a part of who I am.

Kelsy
11-24-2008, 06:23 AM
From the age of nine or ten I always thought I would stop when I got older.
in my teens I knew I would stop in my twenties. in my twenties then my thirties, my thirties my forties etc . 53 now:D

Kelsy

il.dso
11-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Yes, I reached each of those milestones and thought I would stop.
No end in sight for me...

Kate Simmons
11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Actually you technically stop "crossdressing" when you no longer consider the clothing gender specific but just yours.:)

Sarah Martin
11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
I never thought I would stop and never wanted to. I'll be crossdressed until the day I die.

Lisa Catherine
11-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I had the urge to CD as early as my elementary school years, and I was in denial all my life until this year,when I got to attend SCC and let my femme self out in the sunshine, the greatest thing to ever happen to me!! I've since joined Tri-Ess, and I have a ball whenever I get to attend a meeting, and it's been the time of my life since, I have NO intention of putting Lisa Catheine "back in the box in the closet" or to purge, I thought joining the military and deploying in a combat tour would "chase it out of my system", as well as getting married, all of them failing.
I grew up with a lot of verbal and psychological abuse, so I berated myself all these years, thinking that there was something really wrong with me. SCC and Tri-Ess hve really shown me otherwise, I had NO idea just how many military vets and Law Enforcement are CD'ers!!! I've purged a few times in the past, but NEVER AGAIN, I love being Lisa too much!!:love::hugs::drink:

curse within
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
a. Got a girlfriend
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married

What about you ?

Ditto at every milestone in my life..Only to be let down when the urge monster came back to haunt me.

Joanne f
11-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I assumed that when i got older i would stop or to be more precise the need would stop , then i went through a stage when i wish that i have never started, now i am at a stage when i know that i will never stop and most of all i do not what to stop .

joanne

Sally2005
11-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes. Back when I had very little knowledge about this and felt ashamed of myself. Now with a lot of learning, experimenting, thinking and self acceptance I know the traditional male milestones have nothing to do with it.

immike
11-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes. Back when I had very little knowledge about this and felt ashamed of myself. Now with a lot of learning, experimenting, thinking and self acceptance I know the traditional male milestones have nothing to do with it.
There is absolutely no way I can stop,I am hopelessly hooked.I love the feel of
pantyhose,then a skirt&silk blouse,then a pair of heels.Or to get into my French
Maid outfit&do my housework in heels.

Kari
11-29-2008, 05:48 PM
If she asked me to stop i would in a heartbeat....

2b.Lauren
11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
I also hit those particular milestones some of them earlier than later. I married young, had sex older than most, and the girlfriend thing really did not have an impact. The one I thought would get me was having a child, or to be more specific a daughter. I did stop then and even purged during that time. I was not sure if I would pick it back up. I did miss it during that time but did not place much emphisis on it. Then I started riding motorcycles. My legs got cold on a ride and I hated chaps. I went into a Walmart bought a pair of tights and before I got to the hotel for the night had stopped to pick up a cute pair of panties to go with them. Off to the races I was again. My daughter is 15. No way I would stop again. I missed it way too much and wanted to do it more than ever.

Daintre
11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Susan, yes I tried very hard when I got engaged. I honestly thought I could overcome the need when I married. I lasted for a while and my temperament went downhill very quickly. I developed a black mood, which went away when I allowed myself to dress again.

StaceyJane
11-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Gosh, I was in my 30's for all those marks. Perhaps that's I sign I have some issues. Anyway by then I knew I was in this for the long haul.

Carly D.
12-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I thought maybe by a certain age that would do it.. but I still feel as strongly today as I did twenty or thirty years ago... this might be for life.. might hell.. it WILL be for life.. in some form or another..

Tomara
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
When I was younger I thought I would grow out of it , then I thought when I got married I wouldn`t need it , but after 46 years of on and off , purging and spending I now know this part of me will never go away , so now I embrace it and enjoy who I am.
:) Tomara

SabrinaDubh
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Like many I also stopped at each of those milestones. Even purged a few times along the way. For me each time I stopped the desire came back stronger than ever.

I don't stop anymore. :)

kristinacd55
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
a. Got a girlfriend
c. Had regular sex
d. Got married

What about you ?
Great thread Susan. I had times when I thought I'd stop, but for the last 15 years or so, I knew it wasn't gonna happen! I've just let it go & have accepted it as part of me & it won't change.

Joanne Curl
12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Wow! I've tried to stop so many times over the years. I've purged more times than I like to admit. I can go long periods of not dressing but I'm always thinking about it. A few years ago I moved away for a job and I dressed every day and stayed in femme all weekend long. I haven't purged in 10 or so years because I know I cannot stop dressing as Joanne.

susan2010
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for all the great comments everyone.
I assumed that the need would stop at all those milestones and I purged at most. It took me 50 years to admit I'm a crossdresser and I'm not going to quit.