PDA

View Full Version : To shave or not to shave

jessbcuzz
06-05-2005, 04:47 AM
i've been a cd for many years, mostly at home. I would go out for a drive at night every now and then. I keep my arm pit hair and chest hair shaved (wish I could do the back side of me), but I don't know what to do about my legs. I have shaved them in the past, but I could always wear pants to hide what I did in public and at work. Now, at work, I have to wear shorts, so I can't shave without everyone at work noticeing and letting the cat out of the bag. I am wanting to take the next step and start going out in public as a cd, but I'm not comfortable because of hairy legs while wearing a skirt or dress. Can anyone suggest an idea? Thanks.

Melina

sarah
06-05-2005, 05:04 AM
Is it compulsory to wear shorts?? my excuse would be that i was scared of getting burnt which could lead to skin cancer so i am not wearing shorts!!!

Sharon
06-05-2005, 05:42 AM
If you're able to wear long socks, you can hide your shaven legs. I don't have visible hair above my knees anyway, so this works for me.

Clare
06-05-2005, 06:09 AM
I would have made sure on the first day you were required to wear shorts, you already had shaved legs - you may have got some initial comments from others, but nobody would have known otherwise in the longterm.

Now they have already seen your hairy legs, if you shave them, they will definately notice the change!

I have found the best bet is to be already smooth before the 'first showing'.

But in your current situation, next time you go on leave for a couple of weeks, shave them and let some stubble grow back so there is some mininimul hair and not so obvious to others. Gradually take more opportunities to shave them and eventually nobody will take any notice.

Christine

Deelite
06-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Hi,

I would shave them, and tell everyone that you cycle or swim on a regular basis, good excuse if ever i heard one!

Dee.

norbie
06-05-2005, 06:34 AM
If you realy worry about job and shaving why not wear 70 denier tights under your minies, it also make your legs look great. Just a thought from
Norbie

sissynoel
06-05-2005, 08:09 AM
It's really not that big of a deal, slowly trim those hairy legs so they're not so bushy and gradually get to the point where you have slight hair and then shave it off. Or just go for it and shave your friggin legs!!!!!!! We're always so worried about what other people are going to notice. I used to tell people that all of the other cyclist shave their legs so why can't I? Now I just tell people that know I had hairy legs that I don't like hair so I trim it or shave it. They joke about it a little bit but it's part of the curiosity/attraction of it all too. I had one of our friends say at a party in front of about 10 people, "wow you have nice legs, their so smooth". :whistling I said thanks and then I told her that I shave my balls too....everyone laughed....I'm totally comfortable telling people that I don't like hairy bodies, even mine...look around not every single GM has hair all over their body, it really is more common thank you think to see guys totally clean shaven.

Deidra Cowen
06-05-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm totally shaved. But I admit I hide it. For example at the gym I wear long sweat pants and while dressing casual as a male jeans have replaced shorts.

At work I wear long sleeve dress shirts all the time now...that way i can continue to trim down my arm hair.

I had not shaved in several days due to going on a trip. Shaved last night then put on my jeans. It still amazes me how good my legs feel after being shaved and putting on cloths over them.

Stephanie Mancini
06-05-2005, 08:39 AM
dancewear pantyhose are excellent for covering hair and for that special occasion try flesh coloured 40 denier Wolford neon ganz pantyhose, a little expensive but absolute heaven to wear, but bear in mind, the girl who hasn't worn silk stockings on sheer shaven legs hasn't lived!

Steph

Kimberly
06-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Is it compulsory to wear shorts??
Definetly not!!

I avoid shorts ALL the time - even if I didn't shave my legs.

I do shave them, and have had no real problems with this at college. I avoid games (shorts! heh) and also when doing drama I get changed on my own, where no one can see me. No one asked me about it... although I did panic when they were being cleaned one afternoon rehearsal and I didn't change for about half an hour.. heh. It was ok though, because I got in there after all.

I don't think you'd have any problems if you decided to shave your legs. No one really pays attention!

Bernadina
06-05-2005, 10:17 AM
I have my legs shaved all the time. Shorts or not. No one notices. No one cares.

Priscilla1018
06-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I started by shaving my underarms because I wear tank tops and my wife did'nt like the sight of the hair.I than proceeded to shave my arms and legs.I am a body builder and it is not that unusual to see shaved body parts in this sport,the muscles show much better without hair.My family have noticed but have said nothing,I'm the weird one anyway.If a stranger notices?Who cares.
Simply say that you don't like hair.

womanatheart
06-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I know the delemia. There is no better feeling than shaved legs. I now notice men in shorts and they look like gorillas - hair everywhere. Ugggly! I have my shaving down to a schedule. I will calculate when I cannot be shaven and have to be hairry and give my self 3 weeks for the hair to grown back. Usually for legs you can cut close with hair clippers and it will grow back faster than if you shave. :)
Love.
Stephanie

Deidra Cowen
06-05-2005, 10:45 AM
:eek:
I now notice men in shorts and they look like gorillas - hair everywhere. Ugggly!
Stephanie

I do the same thing now....body hair creeps me out.

Ashley in Virginia
06-05-2005, 11:53 AM
I keep my legs shaved. the few times I have been asked, I reply with "why are you checking out my legs?"....

Staves off most of them. The few that continue to prod, I just tell them that it helps even out my tan.

karen marie
06-05-2005, 12:11 PM
i keep my legs shaved.it's a case of whether you are comfortable
with it.see if theres a way around wearing shorts at work.
hugs,karen.

mariej
06-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Lots of guys shave and wax these days. Whose legs are they anyway?
L&P
Marie

Natasha Anne
06-05-2005, 01:11 PM
I would take up cycling as a hobby.

I have my legs permanently shaved these days and don't bother what people have to say, but it's been a long road. I even keep my nails painted (clear with a subtle hint of pink glittery polish)

It's never easy to get past these obstacles, I hope for the best for you.

Ava Mouse
06-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I shave often, and don't hide it. I even shave my arms. When asked I say that I'm not a hairy person to begin with, and I don't like hair at all. I go on to explain that I trim my armpit hair to cut down on body odor, too. People stop there, I guess they don't want to know more... LOL...

Enh, you don't need an excuse. Just say you don't like to be hairy.

As if 100% of the men out there want to be hairy? As if 100% of the women out there liked to shave and wear hose? I'll bet at least 50% of the men out their would dump most of their body hair if they could do it cheaply and easily.

And it's all because if you shave, you're gay stereotype... People are so narrowminded...

sigh...

paulaN
06-05-2005, 04:03 PM
funny this has come up. I shave my arm pits and legs, have sence last sept. any way I have been wearing shorts (boy shorts yuck) over this past weedend. The wife made mention of it and said that it creeps her out. but that's an outher matter. She is so afraid that someone will notice. no one has noticed ,no one. so I think I will keep shaving through the summer(I think). My dauthter said to me dad look at your socks. thay were pulled up, don't where them like that. she never said a word about my legs beeing shaved. she is the one that wory about , with the shaving thing. the wife worries about every one, me I just don't care about any one, but my daughter. she is the one that I realy don't want to creep out. I will see as time goes on. wish me luck.

sarah8553
06-05-2005, 05:11 PM
It's upto you really. Do you WANT to shave? If so, I suggest you just wear long-legged clothing and long-sleeved shirts.

Really, it is ok, because I did it before I came out and not a single person noticed...

Hugs n kisses,

Sarah. x

Sara_TV
06-05-2005, 05:29 PM
And it's all because if you shave, you're gay stereotype... People are so narrowminded...

sigh...

Yep, couldn't agree with you more on that one! I shave my legs year round and people try to say you're gay or other BS lies! Its simply NOT the case for me! Maybe some people but not me.

Just shave your legs and be happy, I know I am and it has nothing to do with being gay. I wouldn't be fearful. I used to work at Taco Bell and we started wearing shorts. Man the co-workers had the surprise of their life when they saw my shaved legs. But they were pretty cool about it, except for one guy who was narrowminded and said I was gay because only girls shave their legs. Yeah right, not the case narrowminded kook.

Don't be miserable so you can't enjoy life. And don't let the mean people overrule your freedom. I found that out and I still battle them on, with wearing pantyhose in public or having shaved legs too.

Wenda
06-05-2005, 05:32 PM
As most of the others have said, no one is likely to really care. I see joggers, swimmers, cyclists, body-builders shaved. No one cares. Christine's point about being shaved from day one is valid. If you have hairy legs for months, then show up glistening clean, people will notice. I tell people my GF likes silky smooth legs (which is true).
Paula makes a good point. If you have kids at home, you do have to consider whether their friends will give them grief because their dad shaves his legs. Other than that, they're your legs. wenda .
ps, btw, I was in a 'fashion show' in April (I had to wear guy stuff). It was one big dressing room, with 3 'mature' guys (that's my category), plus firefighters, police and Air Force. No one mentioned my smooth legs. Mind you, we were all dressing quickly for the next set, so no one had a lot of time. I did wear a sleeveless undershirt, however, because I have some ingrown hairs from shaving my chest, and using Fun Nipps has made my nips permanently erect. w.

Steph53
06-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Up until now I would always wait for the fall to shave my legs.(I always keep my behind smooth and have had laser hair removal on my back) This forum has given me the confidence to say who cares what anyone thinks if my legs are smooth.two summers ago my wife was away for four days and I did a total body hair removal and happened to run into my sister when I was out on my bicycle and I noticed she kept on glancing at my legs but didn't say anything,and she is very narrow minded! At this point in my life,(51 y/o)I'm going to enjoy what I love,dressing as a woman.

jessbcuzz
06-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Well, while at work I've decided to say to heck with what everyone thinks. 95% of the employee's are women anyways. A quick comeback would be that I am just trying to fit in... lol... if they only knew the real reason of trying to fit in! I will do it sometime this weekend unless I get a day off before then. I will post what happens if anyone notices.

Rachel E
06-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I have been shaveing my legsand under arms and my arms for several years and no one has ever made any coments on it. I love the feeling that one gets from being totaly shaved. No i do not shave above my beard. I shave every couple of days and for me it is a natural thing to do when i shower.
Try it you will like it. Don't pay any attention to what others say....
Love to all
Richie, Spokane, Wa

Pip
06-06-2005, 04:43 PM
I shaved my legs today and it feels great! I'm still new at all of this but I looked at my legs in panty hose and they looked aweful with all of that hair so I did it. I did find it quite difficult though. In fact, it took me three shaves to get all the hair off and I am not a hairy guy. It just seemed that every time I'd dry my legs I would find a couple more patches of hair that I had missed. After all said and done now though, they feel so smooth it's fantastic. I also took some of my wife's body lotion and rubbed it on them afterwards and they are smooth and sleek. I think I could get used to this!! :D

jessbcuzz
06-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Well, I shaved my legs this weekend. Tonight at work, not one person noticed. It was such a relief. It felt so much cooler at work as well. Now, if I could find a way to get the hair of my back. I tired shaving that as well, but it didn't go to well. It's on my lower back, so it's not seen. Any ideas?

Lady Jayne
06-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Go and get your back waxed, this is not at all uncommon for men. Just tell them your wife/girlfriend hates hairy backs most of them will say Yeah me too!

HeatherD
06-13-2005, 06:22 AM
About a month ago, decided to heck with it and shaved legs for summer. Have never done this before as I wear shorts a lot during the warm months. During the past month, only one friend mentioned it, and I just told him I lost a bet with wife, and after shaving found I enjoyed it so was going to shave for awhile. Look around - lot of men don't have a lot of hair on their legs. Besides, it feels so good!!!

jessbcuzz
06-13-2005, 07:24 AM
Yes, it felt great having them shaved. I had done it before years ago, but I was able to hide it with wearing pants at work. Now that I work in a bakery and being around 350 degree ovens, I wasn't going to be able to with wearing shorts. I was reading every person I talked to last night at looked at everyone going by, and not once was anything said. I might think about waxing though. Any suggestions?

Sharon
06-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Yes, it felt great having them shaved. I had done it before years ago, but I was able to hide it with wearing pants at work. Now that I work in a bakery and being around 350 degree ovens, I wasn't going to be able to with wearing shorts. I was reading every person I talked to last night at looked at everyone going by, and not once was anything said. I might think about waxing though. Any suggestions?

The biggest problem I have with waxing is that you need to let the hair grow to at least 1/4 inch for it to work effectively.

Daniel
06-13-2005, 05:32 PM
It depends on how much leg hair you have to start with. If you have so much you can comb it, yes, people will probably notice. But at least you'll be able to honestly say you're tired of looking like an ape - since you indeed did look like one before!! At least since a lot of women don't like the "super-hairy" look, you can even honestly say that you'll be more attractive to women that way!!

I, on the other hand, do not naturally have a lot of leg hair. Just enough for me to see while I'm dressed up. And I shaved BEFORE breaking out the shorts for the season, so I think my parents don't really remember how much leg hair I had to start with. They've commented about poison ivy on my legs... but not the shaving!!

I really don't like to lie to people. But I do think that anyone can honestly say that they don't like body hair. Because we don't like it for crossdressing!! It's what's called a half-truth. It's technically true, but leaves out "the rest of the story" which in our case is the crossdressing.

Since my parents do know about the crossdressing, but don't want to talk about it, even if they do see through my half-truth, they won't pursue it. Because they don't want to talk about it!!

Even then, I might have to hit myself over the head to make myself say it. Because in the past, I've usually liked to fully explain why I do everything. I can't anymore, at least with this. If anyone ever notices - and cares enough to comment.