PDA

View Full Version : Our dress styles

vicky505
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Do you think that we tend to dress in a similiar manner to our gg or do we find our own individual style that suits our needs.

jasmine57
11-23-2008, 06:08 PM
At least for me, I seem to enjoy wearing skirts and dresses more thasn my GG friends. I do loke wearing women's jeans also but my preference is a skirt and blouse. Most of my Friends seem to either wear jeans or slacks most of the time.

Karren H
11-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh hell no!! Not even close!! My wife dresses like crap (feminine wise) and doesn't wear any makeup at all.. Ok a little... If I wanted to dress like her I'd just stay in drab mode!! Lol.

avril findlay
11-23-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm in skirts more often than any of my GGfriends.

Deborah Jane
11-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I think i dress in a style to suit myself most of the time.
A sort of downmarket Paris Hilton type look :heehee:

Babette
11-23-2008, 06:36 PM
My style is light years away from my wife style. Now with that said, I do need to clarify that her style looks great on her. As I have said before, she has great taste in clothing as she most helpful to me when we go shopping together. Compared to her, she is a diamond and I am a lump of coal.

Babette

tamarav
11-23-2008, 07:21 PM
My wife laughs when she is home and I ask her what she thinks of my outfit before I go to work. I wear black most of the time to work since that is what hair stylists do, but my general outfits are much tighter and reveal a belly or are fairly low cut. My wife wears more skirts to work and dresses very professionally, while I look like more like a mall girl.

Tami

prissy101
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Personally I don't dress like my wife, but she does give me good pointers.
One thing I've noticed too is that as a crossdressing group we all tend to dress differently too, that all helps to keep it more interesting though.
I think peoples styles also reflect the reasons that they crossdress

prissy101
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
i like your style Tamara.

2B Natasha
11-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I cross into the style that my SO wears, but all in all I am way more into color and fabrics. I just see a world of possibilities out there and each day you have a blank canvas to work with, Why not paint a masterpiece everyday.

I was out on town today walking around and looking at people and the world, Just enjoying to sunshine. But it was really hard to do that with all the " I got dressed in the dark and don't care about it " women I saw. What, maybe 80% of them. I don't think allot of women see it as a big wide wonderful world of clothes and style.

victoriamwilliams1
11-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I am a skirt, heel, hose & sometimes dress girl. More than my SO.

Paula T
11-23-2008, 08:03 PM
the last time my wife wore a skirt or dress. Its always white tennis shoes and very unstylish jeans and maybe a sweatshirt. Ugh. When I go out to a club or something its usually a skirt and blouse or sweater. Almost always heels unless I am going shopping then flats.:eek:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Needless to say, when I was married years ago I never dressed like my ex did. To me I like to dress a little more revealing, shorter skirts, the shorter the better, more color etc..:battingeyelashes:

Denise01
11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
when i am travelling i will tend to wear slacks most of the time to blend in with the rest of the ladies that are travelling and especially that I have to go into truck stops for fuel.

When I go shopping or out for dinner, i will most always wear a skirt, but depending on where i am going, it may be casual or dressy.

Just to-night i was in a Restaurant for dinner. On the way out as I was paying the Cashier for my dinner, she commented "I love your Skirt"

That made me feel so good

Denise

:):):):)

Sally24
11-23-2008, 09:00 PM
I have found my own style. My wife likes to wear very flowery but loose and drapy dresses and outfits. I like things very fitted, but not tight. I still go for bright primary colors and lots of sparkle when I can. I mostly wear strappy heels or peep toe shoes. She prefers flats that cover all of her foot. She's more of a cotton girl, I prefer silk or synthetics in a really smooth, slinky fabric!

Charlotte Sometimes
11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I dress much like my wife did before we had children now she is much more conservative and Charlotte has gotten Risque!

Alice B
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
How I dress is simply based upon how I feel at the time and the amount of time I will be able to stay dressed. Just as long as I get a chance to express myself. But, I favor dresses and skirts the most. I feel my legs are one of my best features and at my age there are few.

LaurenInDC
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh hell no!! Not even close!! My wife dresses like crap (feminine wise) and doesn't wear any makeup at all.. Ok a little... If I wanted to dress like her I'd just stay in drab mode!! Lol.

I'm STILL laughing! :heehee:

Angie G
11-23-2008, 09:14 PM
I have my own style hun. But we do share likes ans dislikes.:hugs:
Angie

Jennifer Brooks
11-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Individual style here. Wife is totally different than me.

docrobbysherry
11-23-2008, 09:25 PM
much less "ballpark"!

Leslie Langford
11-23-2008, 09:37 PM
When going out in public, I prefer the professional businesswoman look which in my case involves wearing a tailored skirt suit, a tasteful blouse or top, pantyhose, and pumps with 2" - 21/2" heels. This is complemented with a wig done up in an age-appropriate style and accompanied by subdued make-up. For this reason, fall, winter, and spring are my favorite times of the year to go out "en femme" and not draw undue attention to myself - especially since I always shave my legs, arms, and chest to get the full effect.

I am also careful as to what malls I shop in - typically those near office towers and/or in the midtown area where GG's who are dressed similarly tend to congregate as well. This allows me to blend in more easily.

It is really dis-heartening to see how much the trend towards "business casual" has become entrenched over the last 15 years or so, giving GG's the license to dress in as slovenly a manner as the men adopted as well.

Back in the 80's and early 90's, my wife always wore a skirt or dress to work, and I actually got to see what her legs looked like. Now it's pants, pants, and more pants - except, of course, on "dress down Fridays" when jeans and sweatshirts are the uniform of choice.

And the sad part is that my wife is actually a "girly-girl" who still wears pantyhose and modest heels on a regular basis and misses being able to wear skirts and dresses to work without appearing to be out of place. But it is the peer pressure from other GG"s who prefer to dress and act like men and don't give two hoots about demonstrating any signs of feminity who seem to be calling the shots these days.

Just as it fell to the Irish monks to keep Western civilization alive during the Dark Ages when the barberians overran Europe, perhaps the torch has been passed on to crossdressers to help keep the traditional concepts of femininity alive (and the pantyhose manufacturers in business - LOL!) as we endure our own particular version of the Dark Ages.

Tina B.
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Not at all alike, the wife likes tailored shirts and pants, I could just about wear them in drab, I like frilly blouses and skirts.
Tina B.

Samantha43
11-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I have my own style which is much more feminine than my wifes. She prefers "comfortable" clothes with little or no makeup. It's a shame, she's such a beautiful woman.

TGMarla
11-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Not at all. My wife used to dress up real nice every day, but she has fallen victim to the Wal-Mart syndrome, and wears pants all the time, or worse, sweats. She hasn't worn a dress or even a skirt in ages. I'm more of a fashion plate, preferring dresses most of the time, and skirts and tops the rest of the time. When I crossdress, I don't like going real casual. I like getting all decked out.

unclejoann
11-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I definitely prefer dresses, then skirts. I would never dress like my wife.

suchacutie
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Tina's style is still a work in progress. It became clear to us that Tina was simply different from either of us, but we don't know what makes her feel good yet. She bought a skirt and top a while ago that felt great but looked less that perfect. Tina is a bit bigger on top, and that fiasco led us to consider just what a woman of Tina's "inverted triangle" should wear to flatter her figure. All this just points out that Tina is not trying to copy anyone, but needs to be herself!

Tina

geri-tg.
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
I am much more daring than my wife.In fact she likes to have me shop for her.Last week she asked if I would go shopping with her to help her find a new dress.We had a ball.

trisha59
11-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Absolutely my own style. I never did an actual count but probably have more dresses than my wife ,where she probably has more pants than me.

sometimes_miss
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
As someone who's female personality was traumatically 'frozen in time', I gravitate towards early teen attire. Cheerleader uniforms, cute dresses, plaid skirt and plain white top with knee socks and mary janes. Basically, clothes that you will find in the junior's section at the local dept. store. Finding that stuff in giant sizes can be a challenge, though.

Paula G
11-25-2008, 05:11 PM
My style depends on how I feel at the time. Sometimes it's jeans and flats; other times skirts, hosiery, and heels. Same thing with makeup and accessories.

Ruth
11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Like so many of us here, I have a more feminine style than my wife. She lives in slacks, blouses and cardigans. I don't feel dressed unless I have hose, dainty shoes and a dress or skirt.
Women have very much taken to dressing down for everyday life, and I guess we can't blame them for dressing how they like, but it's odd that I am the one in the household who owns nearly all the dresses, skirts and sheer lingerie (and 90% of the pantihose).