PDA

View Full Version : Why don't most of us have a proper name?

Clare
06-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I notice many girls have names like 'CDJANE2005' and the like.

Why not 'JANE WOODS' or some proper name?

It makes it very hard to respond to 'WANTTOBECD' in threads doesn't it? I mean to me, it just doesn't have that personal touch to it!

I know my own full femme name is a bit long, but it can't be that hard to come up with a natural sounding name can it?

I know, I know, we can't use real surnames for fear of being recognised (mine especially as its a rare surname), but sometimes I feel like i'm conversing with a serial #.

I'm not out to offend anyone, but I wonder why there are not more names and less 'codes' out there!

Christine

Priscilla1018
06-05-2005, 10:34 AM
I chose the name Priscilla,but there was at that time another Priscilla as a member so I had to add numbers at the end of my name.My signature is still just Priscilla,it's the name I am recognized with.

suzym4u
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I go by Suzy Matthews...and I wondered the same thing Christine.

Fallen Angel
06-05-2005, 10:47 AM
there has been many members who join long enough just to address certain members and then they drop off so when you try to pick a screen name some times you have to settle for whats available xxooxx

Dawn
06-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Dawn Webster is my femme name Christine.
The newbie girls are probably going to have to use numbers pretty soon as we'll be fast running out of names.
So many new people coming on this site each day!

Dawn

Jeri Kay
06-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I am Jeri Kay.Have always been called Jeri Kay. Just a variation of my full name.If anyone recognizes it then they must be a sister.Can we talk?

Wendy me
06-05-2005, 11:32 AM
i am Wendy .....and that's me....so.........wendy Me...................

Katrina
06-05-2005, 11:40 AM
When I joined, I hadn't decided on a girls name. I didn't want to use my real name for obvious privacy reasons. I always liked the Simpsons and I thought the episode where Homer has a pet lobster named Mister Pinchy was very funny. I was going to use that, but I thought I should put a CD-spin to it, hence Miss Pinchy.

Imogen_Mann
06-05-2005, 12:31 PM
I'll stick with Jayme from now (I decided that about a week ago)... It's close enough (no shit sherlock !) :D to my male name and I'm happy with it. I've had to use numbers before now where other people have already pinched "my" name. I usually use my Ex's birth date... so I can at least remember it to sign in to those places.

I feel like I have three names. The name on paper, I was given at birth (the one I use to get paid and have bank accounts). The family pet name I have (All my family and close friends use it) and then Jayme... The name I call myself.

I think if you have to use a number, it's best to use a significant one.

I've said my peice.

XX

Jayme 543434325439546893584375754327547567843756437876 ! :p

Nicole_Lasmedias
06-05-2005, 02:16 PM
My name is Nicole:) Last name shows how much I love stockings. I went to babelfish and translated that word to spanish.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Mine is proper but totally fantasy based.

My name on another forum is _Z_Ryukenshoakumaakugouki.
Figure that one out.

Serena
06-05-2005, 04:24 PM
My proper CD name is Serena Simpson. Serena's off of Sailor Moon's real name, and I chose it because she was my first anime crush. Simpson is because I'm still a big fan of the TV show. The only reason I didn't put my full name was because I hadn't come up with my last name then.

tekla west
06-05-2005, 04:30 PM
I have a very proper name, but I don't use is as my email addy, in part because it was not an option. I wish there was some way of cleaning that up, so that our posts would come out right, perhaps

The_Spacemonkey
06-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi, first posting.

I use this name for everything I do relating to computers and the net, so it's just force of habbit. That and I don't have a suitable psuedonym.

Laters

Strike
06-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I use my name for everything computers, and other forums. Plus its my football terrace nickname, which is where it stems from. I am named after a Old Skool Dance Band I liked, who had a big UK hit with U Sure Do in 1995.

AllThingsPretty
06-05-2005, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=Christine Johnstone]I notice many girls have names like 'CDJANE2005' and the like.

Why not 'JANE WOODS' or some proper name?

It makes it very hard to respond to 'WANTTOBECD' in threads doesn't it? I mean to me, it just doesn't have that personal touch to it!

I know my own full femme name is a bit long, but it can't be that hard to come up with a natural sounding name can it?

I know, I know, we can't use real surnames for fear of being recognised (mine especially as its a rare surname), but sometimes I feel like i'm conversing with a serial #.

I'm not out to offend anyone, but I wonder why there are not more names and less 'codes' out there!

Christine[/QUOTE

I chose my screen name for all the things that I love.
But my name is Maggie.

Rachel Ann
06-05-2005, 05:33 PM
I began with Rachel. She told it to me in trance, I didn't pick it. Actually, she said "Racha-El" but I live in America in the 21st century, so I decided to regularize it.

There are a lot of Rachels so I added my sister's name to get Rachel Ann.

Sometimes there's even another Rachel Ann so I added Compton as a surname. It's a family name on my mother's side.

But I will still answer to "Rachel".

I'm not out to offend anyone, but I wonder why there are not more names and fewer 'codes' out there!
Some names are so widely used that folks have little choice.

JennMW
06-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Walker is my "maiden" name! ;)

GypsyKaren
06-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm Karen James.My wife likes to call me Lady James.I call myself Gypsy because like them I have no real home. I'm a non-op tg,can't say I'm a man,can't say I'm a woman.
GypsyKaren

Mia lynn
06-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Sweetie, I am using my proper girl name for this site and love doing it.
Hugs Mia

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Walker is my "maiden" name! ;)
Mine, too...

o.o''

Stephanie Brooks
06-06-2005, 08:27 PM
It's a computer thing, for me. I never thought to choose a "proper name" for my account. "fractlgrrl" was just easy. It's lower case so it's easy to type, I use it in other accounts, and the choice was simple.

My proper name is Stephanie Ann Brooks.

Pip
06-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't have a female name, and really haven't given it much thought. I dress to feel sensual with my wife, not to BE a woman. I may or may not one day add a name to our role playing but for now I made my screen name something I felt....Pretty, and I am in PA.

PiP

Glamour
06-06-2005, 08:32 PM
i am oh so hella proper ;]

veronica
06-06-2005, 08:37 PM
:rolleyes: although i'm not always a "proper" lady.....

my name is quite proper :p

oh yeah , what the others said as well :bonk:

Jadeanne
06-06-2005, 08:43 PM
I wanted a unique name and came up with one by combining the first initial of my male name with the first 3 letters of my middle name, then feminzed the spelling.

I just googled my femme name and there is a Jadeanne on anarchy_online.com, a gamers site, but that's the only other one who shows up on an internet forum.

If I needed to, I would try to think of a middle name to use on cd forums.

Jadeanne

Melissa A.
06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
The "A" in Melissa A. means.... Nothing! There already was a Melissa here when I joined.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Sharon
06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
I do have a proper name, as well as a surname, the latter being the one I was born with.
I also have credit cards with my name on them, but all the biographical info and SS# are those of my male self. I have both names on my bank account, in anticipation of any possible freelance work performed under my female name (hasn't yet happened though). Again, all info given to set up the account were those of my birth identity.

Tristen Cox
06-07-2005, 01:38 AM
i am oh so hella proper ;]
Yes you are S..er Glamour

(from a fatty you love) :p

Tasha Norval
06-07-2005, 02:55 AM
My name was given to me by the only GG I ever came out to. She visited me once while I happened to be totally en femme and and appearantly she thought it would be cute to name me. Sometimes she would call me Tasha while I was en drab to kind of tease me, but there was something irresistable about (finally) having a proper girl's name.

I'd hate to say its an alias, but I use it a lot for online shopping.

thongpanties
06-07-2005, 09:30 AM
My chosen name would be Michelle, (male name is Michael, but even that is gone) but, geez, just look at the members list.... there must be a zillion different variations of that. I know that "thongpanties" sounds stupid, and hard to respond to, and I do feel dumb. I make a face every time I use it. I tried and tried, but the name always was gone, so I just picked out what I love the best about my dressing, and at least that name was available! I wear thong panties all the time, and at least, that name does give me an identity. I'd love to find a name that was free that I felt comfy with, though. If someone can think of a name that's still available, I'll take it!
If a name isn't used for a certain time, it would be kind of nice if it became available again. I mean, look at how many members are in this group and then think of how many girl names you can think of.

call me anything, but don't call me late for dinner

Julie
06-07-2005, 09:36 AM
My chosen name would be Michelle

So at least sign your posts Michelle then if anyone responds they will do so to Michelle, much politer than the name you've chosen.

~Julie~

thongpanties
06-07-2005, 10:21 AM
thank you
Michellej

Katie Ashe
06-07-2005, 10:26 AM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8854&highlight=names

I choose mine proper name to join this site and prayed no one else had it. if I was to change my name forever it would be: Katie Ashe (and my real last name) It works for me, Katie isn't short for anything.

Loves, Katie

jessiemillard
06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
I love the name jessie it just sounds so fun sexy and girly. I chose millard after jessie cos it was the last name of the first girl i ever liked.

xoxoxo

Jessie

Akyra
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
mi name isnt proper?????

*sobs*

so wtf is it then huh :confused:

Stephanie Brooks
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
mi name isnt proper?????

*sobs*

so wtf is it then huh :confused:
It's Akyra. ;)

michellej
06-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, I finally figured out how to "kill" my old name "thongpanties", now I don't have to make a face every time I log in, yea! I feel much better. Thanks

Julie
06-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Congratulations Michelle, pleased to meet you, again. :)

~Julie~

Teddie
06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Julie or Tristen,

Maybe it's time to house clean the membership listing, and remove those who haven't been active for a certain length of time. Just a thought.

Julie
06-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Julie or Tristen,

Maybe it's time to house clean the membership listing, and remove those who haven't been active for a certain length of time. Just a thought.

This is done at specific times by Admin.

~Julie~

ricki mtz cd
06-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Hey Christine,
Now that I think about it, you'r right. I tried to identify myself, where I'm from and what I am, all in one name, but thanks to you, I now realize it may be confusing to others.

So Ricki the CD from Martinez CA will change her name to: (name pending approval) Ricki B Good, with the greatest email address on the forum.

g8est-cd@yahoo.com

Ricki

Paula Rae
06-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey Christine,
I'm now Ricki B Good
No more: ricki mtz cd

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Well, I finally figured out how to "kill" my old name "thongpanties", now I don't have to make a face every time I log in, yea! I feel much better. Thanks
You actually could have had the name of the other account changed.

Sharon
06-08-2005, 05:21 AM

Yeah -- now if some new member signs up and wants to use the name "thongpanties", she can't! :strugglin :Pray: :D

Kimberly
06-08-2005, 05:23 AM
I agree, girl! :)

cindybarnes
06-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Cindy Barnes was not taken when I joined :)
I have gone by Cindy for a while, and Barnes is a name I just came up with for my dry cleaning *S*
The 8082002 at the end of my email and web page is there because Yahoo had a bunch of Cindy's already, but I wish I had been more creative there .
When Im in my red head mood I sometimes think about a name I love ,, Sabrina,, my first ever kiss was from a red headed Sabrina :cool:
I am a member of another forum thats says codes and numbers are not allowed,,,, but I do see how its confusing trying to reply to a #
Cindy

Tristen Cox
06-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Some of us should ya know :rolleyes:

Joan Leggs
06-08-2005, 06:36 AM
My Wife had given My Name,
Joanie , I condenced it To Joan and added Leggs as my Last Name because I was told they are one of my better assets. But y'all can Call me Joanie ;)

DonnaT
06-08-2005, 07:19 AM
I wonder why there are not more names and less 'codes' out there!

Reason 1, desired user name already in use.

Reason 2, some cannot use the "remember be" option when logging in and having to type a long user name every time they log in is a bother.

Of course, using the automatic "signature" option in the User CP to provide a proper name would be nice, however, Reason 3, maybe they haven't chosen a name yet?

Rachel Ann
06-10-2005, 04:52 AM
The "A" in Melissa A. means.... Nothing! There already was a Melissa here when I joined.

Hugs,

Melissa :)
Yes, when I started visiting these forums (fora?) I had been Rachel for a long time but it's a very common name with various spellings. So I made it Rachel Ann because
1. Ann is the name of two women who are very important in my life, and
2. "A" puts me ahead of all the other Rachels, alphabetically. ;)

I finally went to a site that already had a Rachel Ann, so I chose my surname (Compton). It's a family name on my mother's side.

kimgkim
06-26-2005, 01:49 AM
I agree some screen names are a turn off but what really turns me off is a BLANK profile. Hard to trust someone that will not take the time to put a little something in their profile.
:)

Sara Kat
06-26-2005, 01:52 AM
Sara is normal...isn't it? :confused:

Tristen Cox
06-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Sara is normal...isn't it? :confused:
No.

Sara Kat
06-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Well I guess that's alright then. I ain't a normal chicka. :p

Ozlinda
06-26-2005, 04:27 AM
Naturally, Linda was taken when I joined. So I just put "oz" in front mainly so Aussies see where I am from. How did I pick Linda? I went to a names website and looked at the most popular girls names in 1962. Linda was 4th on the list. The more popular ones were not acceptable (close friends, wife etc). As has happened already, lovely people here just call me Linda. :rotflmao:

Now to work on a signature!

Bye from Linda

norbie
06-26-2005, 06:21 AM
:) Norbert in DRAB Mode and Norbie a sweet 'little Girl' who lives in the 18th Centurie sometime ;)
Norbie :p

Nisha
06-26-2005, 06:29 AM
I could get a proper name for my female persona. May be because it is of a non English language and was not yet taken, I could get it.

- Nisha.

JoAnnDallas
06-26-2005, 09:05 AM
I always felt that a name had to be something that not only felt right but came naturally. I collect dragons. I met a lady at a fair that hand made shoulder dragons. These had long tails with beans in them so that when you put it on your shoulder the tail hang down your back and it balances on your shoulder. Anyway, she took my order and about two weeks later, I got it in. She was sweet, she put on the outside of the box "New born baby dragon, handle with care" LOL She included a note. "Do NOT name your dragon, your dragon will tell you his name". Sure enough about a week later, his name just kinda popped into my head.

Same I think goes for my female name. I went a long time, years in fact until it finially came to me. JoAnn. It just so happens that the J & A are also the first two initals of my drab name. The name fit my personality, and my nature. I added Plano to the end because JoAnn was already taken and it reflected where I am living presently.

Natalie x
06-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I didn't even know I was a girl back then, so I started off with a contrived name. Then this lot here corrupted me and I quickly realised that I wanted to choose a name.

I wanted one that suited the kind of girl I wanted to be so, every day driving to work, I kep saying "Hi, I'm ........... " (whatever name I wanted to try out) in a (bad) girlie voice, until one day Natalie came out, and that's where she's been ever since. I have now set up a new email address and msn messenger account, and everything I join I now join as Natalie, so she exists as a real and separate person in every sense.

You can always put your girl name in your signature, though, so everyone can be friendly when they respond to your posts. As you can see from some of the sisters' signatures, you can say much more about yourself as well.

Natalie x
06-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes, when I started visiting these forums (fora?) I had been Rachel for a long time . . . . .

Rachel, How about forii??

Joan Leggs
06-26-2005, 03:04 PM
As My Name says Joanie was what My Wife Named me I made it proper by adding the last name and shortening my first name to Joan and the Leggs is what my admires Like the most when they first meet me ,
KISSES Joanie

Gabrielle Maria
06-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I chose Gabrielle at the exact same time my girlfriend did. Fate. This is my first posting anywhere and I'm proud of who I am and how I feel. :)

Jo_2s
06-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I just love Jo and had to put something with it, _2s was to do with slips I think ? must have been the red wine at the time. :)

alba68
06-27-2005, 12:24 PM
I suppose it's already been said but seams logical to me that a name could be put at the end for the signature but as Donna said people may not have one or chose not to use one. My screen name is one I have used for years in one form or another the 68 being the year of my birth. Alba comes from one of my favorite Runrig songs of the same name and is Gaelic for Scotland. It also makes an interesting femme name.

Tristen Cox
06-27-2005, 01:25 PM
ELVIS! Sorry I had to :p :D

eileen1969
06-27-2005, 01:28 PM
I like mine sweet sexy n simple! and that 69er is my year girls! :p :eek: ;) :cool:

Stiletto
06-27-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't have one because, while my wife is extremely supportive of my hobby, she doesn't want me to have a girl's name. Something about that would freak her out a bit so out of respect to her, I don't use one. The same goes for the picture. When she's ready she said she'll take some pictures of me but until then, I won't have anything to share. And I'm OK with both as long as she is.

Rachel Ann
06-27-2005, 09:32 PM
... these forums (fora?) ... ...Rachel, How about forii??
No, then one of them would be a forius.

It's all you Brits' fault. I learned my Latin in one of your boys' schools in the 50s, when the cane was still a favored teaching device. It didn't make you love it, but you sure learned it. =)