PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Goes to the Ball

Stephanie Brooks
06-05-2005, 10:44 AM
...or at least Stephanie goes out on the town.

Last night was supposed to be a TGEA night - local T group gathering. I needed something different. I needed to not be transgendered. I'm a woman inside, and was going to go out as a woman.

I've attached some cell phone pics I took in the hotel room. Hope you like them! When I go out, I have to stay in a hotel. I can't leave or return home en femme. So be it.

I went to a local coffee house / recording studio / stage to see an incredible young guitarist who, by her own admission, can't sing. She doesn't need to sing; she's a genius with guitars. Kaki King. Wow.

Anyway, it was definitely a Stephanie night. I bought the ticket for the show online w/ Stephanie's credit card. When I arrived, I was relieved. I was afraid I looked too femme, figuring the fashion of the day would be jeans and tee shirts. I was wearing a navy blue sleeveless shirtdress, pumps, and nylons. There was this gorgeous young woman - model-like - wearing a black camisole, black skirt, and black strappy sandals, with her hair in a cute pony tail. I wasn't overdressed, and was relieved that male attention would be focussed more on her.

I went into the place, gave my name, and was admitted. I got a large coffee to sip while waiting for the show. I sat near the stage, never had a problem. Kaki's roommate, Kelli Scarr, played and sang first. She was fine. She played and sang for 30 minutes. There was a 15 minute break. Then Kaki played for the next hour. At 11:15PM the show was over. I returned to the hotel, popped a bottle of bubbly, and enjoyed the remainder of the night.

Btw, my carriage didn't turn back into a pumpkin at midnight. ;)

Deidra Cowen
06-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Great story about your adventure. You look like a GG to me in those pics. Wild that you can take pics that good with a freaking cell phone! ;)

Fallen Angel
06-05-2005, 10:54 AM
sound to me that you had a lot of fun!! keep it up

Di
06-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Loved reading about your outing....and great pics hon

Amelie
06-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm glad you had a nice time out, sounds like you had fun.
Amelie

Ava Mouse
06-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Congratulations on a successful night out! That's all we really want, right? To do our favorite things while being treated as a lady... You look great, and very cute! That wig fits your personality, which helps alot with going out...

Did you chat with anyone? How did the crowd react to you?

The problem with some CD groups, I've found, is it's still a bunch of men, that talk about computers, cars, sports, etc. Um... I wanted to get away from that... So, I imagine this is what you meant by not feeling transgendered...

suzym4u
Sounds wonderful Stephanie! I might have to consider leaving Virginia Beach and take a little trip North to Oakton.

Nice pictures by the way...you really do look nice.

Holly
You go, girl! Sounds like a great night of fun. And music can be so sensual! But Steph, I have a question... you said you purchased the ticket using Stephanie's CC. How did you get a card in that name? And what would you do if you ever had to show an ID to use it? I'm only asking because I would love to do it myself! BTW, loved the pics!

Wendy me
06-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Cinderella you look veary nice and sounds like your outtings are getting better and better.......a camar phone ????veary nice pitcures......wow......Stephanie still danceing??????

Sharon
06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
It sounds like a great night out, Steph, and you look wonderful!

norbie
06-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Have you come down from "your High" jet??
You will be dreaming of this night for a long time. A great report and everyone here is happy for you
Norbie

DanaJ
06-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey Steph - good to hear that you are going for it! And good to see you still posting, keep up the good work!

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
06-05-2005, 05:41 PM
The hair looks great on you, sure it's not real? ;)

Stephanie Brooks
06-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks!

Deidra, the phone camera isn't great, but the lighting was good in the hotel room, AND the camera has a self-timer option. I just propped it on the table and let it do its business. There were lots of pics that were trashed, you can be sure. However, they're all real and unmodified. ^_^

Fallen Angel, it was lots of fun!!!!!

Thank you Leta!

Thanks Amelie! Yes, it was a good time.

Ava Mouse, I didn't chat with anyone. I was really rather nervous, and I'm rather introverted anyway. I suspect that if I continue to go to the place on a regular basis, I'll open.

As far as how others reacted, the gorgeous one (in black) and I exchanged smiles. She was with her boyfriend / husband, so it was a curious exchange, probably "sisters" much as some guys will acknowledge each other. I never detected anything that would indicate anyone knew I wasn't a GG. However, photos are kind and don't show everything. I know from past experience I'm not 100% passable.

Also, you're correct on what I was feeling regarding CD groups. They're fine, but it wasn't what I wanted or needed last night.

Thanks Suzy! I'll bet there are even more places down in VA Beach.

Holly, on credit cards, this was fun. I have a few credit cards that are "additional cards" on my main accounts. In my experience, the credit card companies don't care about much other than getting their money. Don't lie on the applications, don't try to defraud them, and you'll do fine.

I once needed to verify info for a Visa or MasterCard on the phone. When asked the relationship of Stephanie to me, I was honest; I said, "Self". That received a startled "Oh," from the woman on the other end of the line. Regardless, it wasn't a problem. Also, when they ask for social security numbers, they get mine. It's me.

As to what I'd do if I needed to produce an ID, I have both Stephanie and "Stephen" credit cards, a "Stephen" drivers license, and I have a TG member ID card for a now defunct group. I'd produce whatever ID I thought was appropriate to the situation. If necessary I'd reveal I'm TG. Again, they just want their money. They don't want to be victims of fraud. Flexibility and honesty would go a long way.

You could probably go through the legal process of getting paperwork for "doing business as", though mostly it's probably not necessary. If the credit card's good, you can usually use it.

Finally on credit cards, if you ever go this route, you're apt to get unsolicited applications for new accounts under your femme name. I've never gone that route. The applications usually ask for lots of information regarding credit and employment. To go this route, you probably *would* need to do the "doing business as" legal process.

Hi Wendy! Yes, it's just the low res cell phone camera, quick snap shots. And yes I'm still dancin! ^_^ Hope you are too!!!!!!

Thanks Sharon! It was a fun night.

Hi Norbie! I'm down just a bit from my high, but not much. ^_^

Thanks DanaJ!

Hi Tristen! Thanks! I wish the hair was real.

Stephanie Brooks
06-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Cinderella you look veary nice and sounds like your outtings are getting better and better.......a camar phone ????veary nice pitcures......wow......Stephanie still danceing??????
Wendy,

Here's a little more info on the phone:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=293
http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/sanyo/scp-8100.html

I've had it 1.5 yrs now, and it's old by cell phone standards. Yet it's a good phone and has a pretty good camera, considering what it is.