PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Advice Needed - HELP!!

MsJordan
11-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi - I need some advice. I haven't been shopping in drab in almost a year and even when I was doing it frequently, my nerves would tear apart. Anyway - I need some advice on how to combat the nerves, trying things on in the store, and any other advice you may want to offer.

Any suggestions you make or votes of confidence will help me as I journey out over the next couple of days.

Jamie M
11-26-2008, 08:46 AM
simple tip #1 - at the checkout ask for a gift receipt and pretend it's a present

next please :)

vikki2020
11-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Well, if your nervous, this time of year could go both ways.The stores will be crowded,so this might make you more nervous.But, no better time to use the "I'm shopping for my wife's present" excuse!Really though---no need to be nervous, people aren't there to spy on you,and 99% of them are not even going to notice you.Cash or plastic, that's all you have to worry about!Good luck.

Roxi Loh
11-26-2008, 09:06 AM
This is a great time of year to shop. I get a kick out of SA's wondering who I am buyng this for. They all act like they assume its a gift but I always wonder what they are thinking. When I go to VS I just ask the girl for what I want...They know its for me but have never said anything. If that doesnt work go in dressed en femme...you are pretty enough to.

MJ
11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Dear Ms Jordan,

the sails assistants have seen and heard it all.. your money is as green as the next person a sale is a sale.
please be proud of who you are. just go shopping and have fun. yes it's for you nobody cares. FYI i am full time and most times i go out with no makeup zip.. and i do just fine. sure i get read but big deal. if you wish to try something on just ask them. you have nothing to fear i do it all the time.

TrekGirl1701
11-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Believe me, the SAs do not care why you're buying clothes. However in the rare instance that they are nosy and ask who it's for you can either be honest and say it's for you or just pretend you're buying a gift.

Who knows? If you say it's for you they'll probably understand and that'll make it more comfortable for you to shop in the future.

In the past if I wanted to try something on I would hide the garment between a couple pairs of men's pants and then head over to the dressing rooms.

Nowadays every time I shop I just head in there and act the same in the women's department as I would in the men's department. If you look nervous and keep looking around if anybody's watching you it might make you look suspicious like you're going to shoplift. That's something to think about. You need to shop as if you have every right in the world to buy women's clothes.

AmandaM
11-26-2008, 11:13 AM
It also helps to size up the SA's. Yesterday, I needed a belt since I've lost weight. So, I purposely got into line with a young SA GG who had piercings all over her. I thought, she looks tolerant.

Karren H
11-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey girlfriend!! On holiday break? Here's a couple things I used to do to avoid exxceess stress when shopping...

For basics and reasonably priced lingerie try Walmart.. A newer one with the self checkouts.. No embarasying checkout girls!!

Kohls is a great place to try on clothes because their fitting rooms are unattended and the mens and womens clothing is on the same floor.. So pick up a few fem things.. And wander over to the mens dressing room and try them on.. If you want to buy them then ask for a gift reciept.. And that sounds plausable for everything except bras!! Hahaha

So go shop and we want to hear what ya got.. IM me sometimes.. Though I'm on pretty infrequently..

Paulacder
11-26-2008, 11:47 AM
I personally think in today's world no one cares or even pays attention to a guy buying other gender attire. In most cases we as Crossdressers have become so paranoid due to guilt or whatever; that we think every one is watching. When in fact no one is. Enjoy your shopping trips and quit looking over your shoulder.....He..He...Remember the old song..."I was looking back to see, If she was looking back at me".............

Melinda G
11-26-2008, 11:52 AM
For basics and reasonably priced lingerie try Walmart.. A newer one with the self checkouts.. No embarasying checkout girls!!

"Unexpected Item! Please wait for assistance". :D

Janet Bern
11-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Trust me.. No one Cares at all. NO ONE cares what someone else is looking for they are all tuned into themselves.. I spent a lot of time endrab in theladies bra and slip dept. none even gives me a second look. get over it and have some fun in your life

StaceyJane
11-26-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm getting braver looking at women's clothes in stores. One thing I thing about is that I don't know any of these people so what if they think I'm a crossdresser? actually no one really cares.
I've bought womens clothes and no one has looked at me twice.

Jennifer Cox
11-26-2008, 05:35 PM
In the past if I wanted to try something on I would hide the garment between a couple pairs of men's pants and then head over to the dressing rooms.

Ditto! :)

Recently, I've been in to the local Long Tall Sally shop a few times. First to buy two dresses, then exchange one of them, which had to be ordered from another store, then to collect it. Next to return said item as it was faulty. No more stock, so asked for two other items instead, which had to be ordered then collected. They're beginning to know me quite well, but I've not plucked up courage to ask if I could try something on yet LOL! :D

However, I once mail ordered from them - never again - the parcel turned up with "Long Tall Sally" written all over the wrapping. My daughter took the parcel in but said nothing, unlike when I subsequently received their catalogue. :sad:

Now that I know I can have items delivered to the store and collected there's no stopping me! :D