PDA

View Full Version : How it feels to find out...

StephanieCD
06-05-2005, 04:14 PM
This weekend I gained some insight into what it must be like to be the SO, kid, or other family member of a CD who reveals themselves to you. Just a glimpse, but I thought I'd offer it in case it helps anyone.

If you don't know - I'm 28 and have been dressing since I was 5.

My father was sorting through some old pictures... he was gone, I was doing laundry. Decided to look at the old pictures - lots of me and family, I wasn't snooping. Came upon a few pictures of my Dad in a dress for Halloween one year when I was younger - I knew about it and remember being confused because I was already wondering about why I was the way I was (about 12 years old)... then, to see Dad like that - kind of odd, even for Halloween... I never knew there were pictures, either.

Anyway - when I saw that pictures, just for a second I wasn't a 28 year old CD desperately seeking acceptance... I was a kid, seeing his old man in a dress...

I was shocked, just for a second.
I was embarassed for him, just for a second.
I was confused, just for a second.
I felt bad for him, just for a second.
I tried to see if he looked happy.... happier.
Suddenly, I remembered that before Dad met mom he was openly bisexual... I wondered, looking at the picture, if this was "real".

Then, after those few seconds passed, I thought "that pattern is so ugly, Dad, and your boobs look droopy" ;)

I imagine most SOs might feel like I did "just for a second" - plus all the anger betrayal stuff... but "just for a second" I was shocked as all hell and I wondered, how many other pictures were in the box... I also put the picture away before my daughter saw me looking at it and wanted to see... I wanted to hide it from her, even though it's just a Halloween costume... And I'm a crossdresser - I imagine these feelings are more powerful for others?

Tristen Cox
06-06-2005, 03:50 AM
Can't say that I've ever heard nor saw my father in anything fem, not even for Halloween. He was pretty 'square'. But I do understand what must have run through your head. Just a little wake up call from the otherside, then back to "oh yeah I do that though so it's all good". Although it's probably got you wondering if there was more to it. That's probably what an SO thinks too, add the emotional attachment then the stereo typical image, and the first thing comes up is "are you gay?" I know because I just got asked that myself. :rolleyes: :)

Nicole_Lasmedias
06-06-2005, 04:37 AM
My father was totally masculine... I got his height, but fragility I got from my mom. She is really feminine...