PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance of shaved legs..

KatGRL774
11-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I know some GG's hate it, and some like it.. some just don't care either way.

I don't know if any of you have read my posts - but my wife doesn't know I am a CD (I thought I could dump the habit when we got married - but.. well, that was before I found this forum or did any real research).

Anyway... I never shaved my legs (ever) in my life until recent years. I started by thinning it out with a beard trimmer, and gradually.. well.. one day I just shaved it. The long leg hair (in truth) did itch - but what itched more was the desire to shave my legs at least once in my lifetime.. so I did it.

The wife thought it was weird, but didn't hardly say a word about it. Since then, I never kept shaving, just kept it short with the beard trimmer...

Ok.. well, now we have a baby boy - he's not quite 2, so I have had zero time to dress for many months. I've let my leg hair grow back and quit trimming it, because if I can't dress then what's the point?

Well - today she notices the extreme amount of leg hair and says, "YOU'RE HAIRY!" I thought.. now's my opportunity.. I said, "Is that good or bad?" She says, "I don't know - I'm not used to seeing so much leg hair on you!"

Hmm.. what's this mean? I don't know, but I am curious. Is this a license to do it again? Should I?? I ended the conversation like this, "Well, the hair itches from time to time so I may shave it again." I said this as I was walking away and I heard no response back.

I'm confused..

Maybe she is more accepting than I think?? I've been terrified to tell her because of the reaction I am expecting (she's very religious). I suspect she would react negatively if she knew the whole story. I know.. I know.. many of you think I should tell her - I've had that battle before and decided it's best to let sleeping dogs lay. I'm not at risk for having any exramarital affairs with anyone (male of female) and I'm certainly not one to entertain the idea of any kind of activity other than pure hetero anyway.

Sorry for the long post..

- Kat

Rachel Morley
11-28-2008, 01:28 AM
I think it's just what a person gets used to. My wife says certain parts of Cding are like trying new food. You have to try it about 10 times before you start to get a liking for it. :)

Ok, maybe that's a bad analogy, but I think you get my point. It's also a bit like plucking your eyebrows or as in your case shaving your leg hair. If you do something gradually people get used to it and don't notice the change. Then you go back to how it was before and it looks "wrong".

This is how a lot of people help their wife's get accustomed to their Cding ... slowly, gradually, and nothing earth shatteringly different all in one go. Slow but progressive is the way to go. :2c:

Jenny Beth
11-28-2008, 10:36 AM
I do think this is the perfect opportunity to keep your legs shaved but don't confuse her acceptance of shaved legs with any acceptance of crossdressing. Way way back when I first started shaving mine my wife thought it was a bit strange but over time she not only got used to it, she prefers it. It could be that now that your wife has seen you both ways she sees no harm in it.

Sarah Martin
11-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Some thoughts,

Your wife might just prefer you with less body hair. (Not all women find the 'hairy bear' look appealing). I would not interpet your wifes remarks as positive reinforcement for crossdressing.

Many people shave their hair off - sportsmen especially: gym jocks, cyclists, swimmers. Other do it for hygiene. So shave it off and don't worry!

Not only does my wife prefer me without hair on my legs/chest she also shaves parts of me that I canot reach for myself (a couple of patches on my back).

Her only complaint is the 'stubble' phase if I leave it too long between shaves and it starts growing back!.

Sarah

MJ
11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
well why don't you shave it all off .. then see what she says ???

Sandra Dunn
11-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Keep them shaved. I use an electric every 3 days if needed and use the razor weekly. Getting them waxed about once a month helps, you'll need to let the hair grow out for a full week to 10 days

Shave the pits weekly, nair the back and stomach, you could nair your legs and it might be less irratating. The chest for me sometimes breaks out if I nair and usauly I can shave once a week and get by with that.

You could go to an electrologist or laser. I'm getting my faced lasered.

Do it on a regular basis and try waxing or one of the other treatments and after a while the courseness will go away and the stubbles will not be as bad.

Hugs Sandra

CD Susan
11-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Kat, it sounds like your wife is accepting of your shaved legs so I say go for it. Try to talk to her about it. Communication is so very important in a marriage especially when it concerns crossdressing.

marny
11-28-2008, 11:22 PM
been shaving for years. Have to agree with Racheal. Man hair BAD!

natasha
11-28-2008, 11:23 PM
My wife complains now when my legs get stubbly, and reminds me that I need to shave!!!

Clara
11-29-2008, 12:30 AM
It's possible your wife doesn't mind your shaved legs. (Which, as others pointed out, doesn't mean she would approve crossdressing.) My wife doesn't like body hair so she actually welcomes that I shave.

occdresser
11-29-2008, 10:01 AM
I know some GG's hate it, and some like it.. some just don't care either way.

I don't know if any of you have read my posts - but my wife doesn't know I am a CD (I thought I could dump the habit when we got married - but.. well, that was before I found this forum or did any real research).

Anyway... I never shaved my legs (ever) in my life until recent years. I started by thinning it out with a beard trimmer, and gradually.. well.. one day I just shaved it. The long leg hair (in truth) did itch - but what itched more was the desire to shave my legs at least once in my lifetime.. so I did it.

The wife thought it was weird, but didn't hardly say a word about it. Since then, I never kept shaving, just kept it short with the beard trimmer...

Ok.. well, now we have a baby boy - he's not quite 2, so I have had zero time to dress for many months. I've let my leg hair grow back and quit trimming it, because if I can't dress then what's the point?

Well - today she notices the extreme amount of leg hair and says, "YOU'RE HAIRY!" I thought.. now's my opportunity.. I said, "Is that good or bad?" She says, "I don't know - I'm not used to seeing so much leg hair on you!"

Hmm.. what's this mean? I don't know, but I am curious. Is this a license to do it again? Should I?? I ended the conversation like this, "Well, the hair itches from time to time so I may shave it again." I said this as I was walking away and I heard no response back.

I'm confused..

Maybe she is more accepting than I think?? I've been terrified to tell her because of the reaction I am expecting (she's very religious). I suspect she would react negatively if she knew the whole story. I know.. I know.. many of you think I should tell her - I've had that battle before and decided it's best to let sleeping dogs lay. I'm not at risk for having any exramarital affairs with anyone (male of female) and I'm certainly not one to entertain the idea of any kind of activity other than pure hetero anyway.

Sorry for the long post..

- Kat
I do shave my legs 2-3 times a year and my wife actually participates. one thing that i learned is she hates the hair as much as i do so i am ecstatic about that and i am sure your wife is accepting of you shaving your legs. The only catch is she is not real excited about seeing me dress up as a girl.

Helen Raines
12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I agree with Marny..Man hair bad..I am not a fan of body hair.

Salene
12-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I shave all just cuz I hate body hair and I've never had a woman complain... they all seem to enjoy it ( as long as it didn't get stubby). But shaving and crossdressing are two different things. Personally I think if your married to someone you shouldn't be afraid to show her who you really are. But I'm currently single so you might not want to take my advice on that. lol.

FYI: Body builders and swimmers also shave.

Schatten Lupus
12-02-2008, 11:26 PM
My girlfriend really didn't like it much the first time I shaved my legs, but now she doesn't mind it.

Karren H
12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I :<3: being hairless!!! :)

unclejoann
12-03-2008, 12:24 AM
My wife doesn't like me hairless, keeps hoping that if I don't shave for 2-3 days it is a sign that I am going to grow it back. She assumes that I would have to "explain" it to anyone who happens to see my bare legs if I went to the gym or even out running. Since she knows I dress she associates shaving with crossdressing and she hates it.

Soon I have to go in for abdominal surgery. She warns me that the Doctor will be suspicious of my shaved body. I ask why the Doctor would care, but she thinks I am just naive.

I have only been shaved a couple of months and I would like to keep it up so that she gets used to it. But there are times when I get pretty tired of her comments and think it would be easier for me to just give up, grow it back.

ringedjohn
12-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Shave your legs and keep them that way.

I had shaved my legs many times when away from home for several weeks on business trips but always let the hair grow back.

Then last year I shaved them when my wife was out of town for ten days and I have shaved regularly ever since. It only took her 6 months to notice - and she was not pleased but has since accepted it.

Shaved legs feel so much nicer when you are wearing pantyhose or stockings.

GMCD
12-03-2008, 03:31 AM
I have always preferred my legs shaved and was thrilled to discover that my wife liked it too. Regardless of whether I will be dressing or not, I keep my legs shaved, it feels better.

With your wife, it seems like she might not mind, but do be mindful of her feelings about the matter. Be careful and don't get carried away. Test each new freedom gently and listen to her at every step. At the very least, you can just try to make it something "kinky" or "adventuresome" for the two of you to explore. Worse comes to worse, she hates it and your hair grows back. Best case, she demands you get into a garter belt, seamed stockings, a lacy bra, and something pretty and takes you shopping for new heels and that dress you keep dreaming about at the mall.

Slip Affinity
12-03-2008, 08:30 AM
I've been shaving my legs for about 9 yrs and no one has ever said anything. The last 2 yrs I've been shaving my chest hair and my underarms. I prefer the hairless feel.

Alice B
12-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I have now kept my legs shaved for the better part of 15 years. My wife thinks nothing of it now and carries on a normal conservation when I'm in the process of shaving. When more than 3 days goes by she complains about the stubble.

Angie G
12-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I've keep my legs shaved nonstop for almost 2 years but then my wife knows Angie.:hugs:
Angie

Brina Halloween
12-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I :<3: being hairless!!! :)

In your case, be careful what you wish for...You probably won't get paid like the ladies on the original Star Trek series to be a BALD women.

:D

avril findlay
12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't dream of wearing stockings without shaving my legs!

SexxxyDJ
12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
What type of moisturizer do you recommend after shaving legs? I am looking for something fragrence free as my SO does not know.

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I keep my body shaved. My wife loves it. She loves the smooth feel. A few girls on my soccer team have noticed my shaved legs and have asked me if i shave or if I'm naturally not hairy. Of course they ask "why" when I tell them I shave. When I respond they're usually like "oh okay" and thats about it. There have been girls that I've known that have asked if they can feel them.

kymmieLorain
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I have been shaving my legs for over 6years. wouldn't have it anyother way. Juat wish I could shave the rest, but don't thing the wife would go for it.
Went nuts when I was in the hospital after my accedent with all the hair growing back yuck

Kymmie

LaurenRenee
12-05-2008, 02:32 PM

- Kat

If my wife said "I don't know - I'm not used to seeing so much leg hair on you!", I'd be in the shower shaving my legs smooth !

As it is I'm dying to shave my legs. I love how they look and feel when smooth shaven and I'm in a skirt. But alas, my wife doesn't know about Lauren. But I must say over the last 2 weeks I have taken some steps in shaving my upper legs and my pubic patch into a more feminine triangle. My wife probably won't notice as we haven't had sexual relations with each other in over a year.

StaceyJane
12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I started with shaving my feet. then I moved up to my ankles, then up to my knees. My wife never said anything so now now I'm going all the way with hairless legs. I really love it!

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I first started shaving my hands and toes, then I moved onto my chest. Fortunately shaving my chest controlled the breakouts that I was having (possibly also the fact that they stopped after I stopped wearing a 24k gold charm too).

My girlfriend at the time and I were going to a Halloween party. I was going as a French maid and she was going to be a male chef (which she kinda ended up looking like Bud Bundy). She suggested that I go all out and shave my legs. I've kept them shaved ever since...and thats been about 7 or 8 years.

SarahLynn
12-05-2008, 09:14 PM
What type of moisturizer do you recommend after shaving legs? I am looking for something fragrence free as my SO does not know.

There was a post many months ago concerning this. The best shaving lotions seem to be hair conditioner. It lubercates the shaving as well as conditions the skin much as a moisterizer conditions the hands. I use it and really prefer this to any other lotions.

If you wife notices the fragrence you can claim a new conditioner for your hair. If you use the same conditioner as she does for her hair she will not notice the aroma when rinsed from the skin.

SarahLynn

SexxxyDJ
12-05-2008, 09:23 PM
That makes alot of sense and will be easy as I use a coconut fragranced creme rinse now. SarahLynn you're a great help.

mykhelee
12-06-2008, 02:15 AM
I blade shave at least twice a week, don't worry so much about who cares. I don't!