PDA

View Full Version : Might of been outed at Claire's

Jessicainme
11-28-2008, 09:20 AM
I went to Claire's a few days ago and bought some adapters for post earrings. I talked to a nice sales lady and she helped me out. Well, I went back today to see if I could find a ankle bracelet. The store was packed and the clerks were busy. I picked up a couple of clip earrings and went to check out. At the register was the same sales clerk that assisted me a few days ago. She's in her mid to late twenties. She started to ring up what I had and she said, (These will look good on you, especially the pearl ones). Of course there was a crowd there. I said (Do you think so, why thank you.). She then asked, (Are you going to buy a dress to match?). My reply was, (I'm going to look around, but if I can't find one I might have to borrow one of my wifes.) She said, (Aren't I being bad today.) Some of the ladies laughed at that. I told her that was such a brat and we laughed. Do you think she knows and was just trying to give me a hint or was she trying to embarrass me?

Jessica

Barbra_in_Tulsa
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't think she was trying to embarrass you. I've had similar things happen to me and I feel confused a bit as well. Generally, I think it falls into either: A) She knows and is being chatty with you, not totally unlike an interaction she would have with a GG. Or B) She doesn't believe you CD and is being funny with you, she thinks you really are buying the items for a GG in your life and she is trying to make a joke.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. ;)

Barbra

Karren H
11-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I love Claire's.... and I just love it when SA's do that.. makes shopping way more exciting... You were "outted' when you first went in there and bought adapters for "maybe your elderly mother"?

I assume that every SA in every store knows I crossdress... makes it easier to discuss things at the checkout like how pretty my purchases are or what a nice tops she is wearing and where do you get your nails done...

Stephanie-L
11-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I had this happen in a drug store buying lipstick while in drab. The young SA made a joking comment about it being a good color for me and I replied "I think so too". This really surprised her as she could tell I was serious and asked me if I wore makeup often. I told her "As often as I can, I love it". As long as she worked at that store every time I went in there we would chat a bit about makeup. It was fun being out, too bad she wasn't older (she was 17) it would have been fun to see if she was interested in going out, LOL......Stephanie

valenstein
11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't know that she was trying to embarrass you, but I'm sure she knew a bit. Claire's is one of those places where 99 out of 100 guys just don't go shopping. Maybe during the holiday season or to pick up a specific gift, but actually shopping? I'm sure the SA's are quite used to it. Yes, maybe she was going along with you, but it sounds like you weren't going to be embarrassed about it, so at that point I think she was just chatting you up.

Sarah Martin
11-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I agree with Barbara's interpretation - friendly banter without any malice.

SherriePall
11-28-2008, 12:53 PM
I see no meanness in her asking you those questions. I believe she thought you were not the crossdressing type (too many people still harbor the idea that "real" men don't crossdress) and that her statements were funny because they were ridiculous.
And, if she knows, go with it and she'll make sure you buy what works for you.
BTW, I have stopped at Claire's many times recently and I think the manager knows although she hasn't said anything.

Jessicainme
11-28-2008, 01:30 PM
I would like to thank all that replied. I do plan on going back and getting some other items.

Jessica

Melinda G
11-28-2008, 05:13 PM
This is a great time to pick up some stocking stuffers at Claires............for yourself! :D

serinalynn
11-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I think shes just trying to treat you like the rest of the girls that shop there. So what if she knows!!!!:daydreaming: You are in there dressed like a woman and trying to look and act like a woman. Just relax and be one of the girls and enjoy the attention.

I was at the Lane Bryant store I regulary shop at and all of the SA working all came over and asked it there was anything that they could help find for me. there was 3 or 4 guys in the store with their wives or SO's and everyone of them gave me a look over as I really wasn't dresses to look feminine even though every thing I wore was from a ladies clothing source. its just really nice to have the attention.

trannie T
11-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Did she see the bra straps under your shirt?

emmicd
11-28-2008, 11:50 PM
I think she was being polite and respectful.

It's nice to be open about shopping for feminine clothes and admitting they are for you.

I shop for womens clothes but never felt comfortable admitting they are for me and for that matter I have never been asked either!

emmi

raleighbelle
11-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I think she was being friendly and having a light-hearted conversation. I doubt she really thought you are a cross dresser, but even if she did, she certainly didn't seem to judge you adversely by it. Sounds good to me. Of course, now that you will be going there nearly every week, she may start to suspect something... And she may be a great advisor.