PDA

View Full Version : brain gender

DanaNewGirl
11-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Another gender brain test, this one a bit more scientific than most. If you're interested go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/

I scored neutral, halfway between male and female.

Try it and report your findings. It takes some time, but you can save and resume later. It's a lot of fun.

Dana

Valerie
11-29-2008, 02:23 AM
This test was fun to do. I scored on the female side, slightly less than the average woman. Nice...

Valerie

Sammy777
11-29-2008, 02:56 AM
It was OK.

A lot of the same questions most tests have, so I can't be sure, but yet again I scored at the 50/50 range.

Not surprising, seeing how I do that all the time & also think with both sides of my brain [got that from other tests]

So I have a 50/50 split female & male brain.
And a 50/50 split left/right side thinking brain.

So I guess I think with all four parts of my brain, lol.

jessiejess112
11-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Wow,
That was a long test, but I agree that it is very interesting. I scored 50 on the male side, which is the average score for males who have taken the test.
I guess I'm not 100% girly after all (like that other test suggested) :D

Jenniferpl
11-29-2008, 07:12 AM
I scored just slightly on the male side. Between 0 to 20. Not exactly female but then again not very manly either.

steftoday
11-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I scored just over the male side... but with a dominant right brain, fingers nearly equal in length, and scored high on the the test where the objects moved.

that was a neat test!

did anyone else look at the "eyes" test and say "how'd they get their brows looking that nice?" or "I love the eyeliner?"

:)

StaceyJane
11-29-2008, 09:55 AM
My brain is a good 25% female, what the rest is......who knows?

wolff8u2
11-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I thought the test was allright. I scored neutral

Jonelle
11-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow,
That was a long test, but I agree that it is very interesting. I scored 50 on the male side, which is the average score for males who have taken the test.
I guess I'm not 100% girly after all (like that other test suggested) :D

guess they haven't studied the full cross section of people taking these tests huh??

Marjory
11-29-2008, 11:05 AM
I scored almost dead in the middle, now, exactly what does this mean?

Cari
11-29-2008, 11:21 AM
About a ten to the masculine side.

But what I found interesting is that I scored really male or female on most tests and they kinda cancelled out. It wasnt like I was right in the middle on all the tasks. Maybe I really am a third gender ?

cari

KarenSusan
11-29-2008, 11:23 AM
17 out of 20. Gender neutral.

Intertwined
11-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I scored a 75% male.

Thats after searching for a ruler that had MM on it.

docrobbysherry
11-29-2008, 12:01 PM
I scored 25 on the male side. Half the score of the average male test taker. Which was 50.:brolleyes:

Mindymaycd
11-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I was about 25% on the fem. side

Crystal Alberta
11-29-2008, 12:06 PM
That was interesting. I scored about 25% on the female side, which, to be honest, was higher than I had expected. What was interesting to me was that there were some areas (such as the eyes, the word association, and the moving objects) where I came out strongly female, but also a few (like the object rotations) where I tested strongly male. And then there were some areas where I was pretty much in the middle.

Crystal

jessiejess112
11-29-2008, 01:15 PM
guess they haven't studied the full cross section of people taking these tests huh??

That's true: though in their defense, they do use the disclaimer that "performance may be affected by many factors in addition to gender, like age and intelligence."

The test deals mostly with responses to emotions and problem sloving abilities. If you add other layers of the complexities of humans, it would probably have to be a much longer test.
Anyways, I liked my score on the "are you girly quiz?" much better :D

izzfan
11-29-2008, 01:22 PM
My brain is apparently 25% male.... interesting, I thought it would be more. Quite an intriguing test though.

Tess
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Like so many others, I scored low on the male side which seems to fit how I see myself. I felt this test was much more rigorous than most of the gender tests that I've seen which lends a bit more weight to the results.

Sophia de la luz
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
But, I was above the averages for both sexes on most items. Words very high. Not clear how they developed the final percentage. Readying through my results, I wouldn't have guessed they would come up with 25% female.
What does it mean??? It means whatever you want to make it mean.
I like tests like that... mental gymnastics.

Mona
11-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Interesting but you need something that measures millimeters, whatever they are!

SusanMarie
11-29-2008, 06:59 PM
My personal brain score = 50 on the female side.

No surprise here!

Lori31
11-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I was about 25 on the male side.

laura.lapinski
11-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I scored zero, right in the middle of male and female. It figures! :)

Ashley_1962
11-29-2008, 08:08 PM
was about 25% on the fem side as well.

Interesting survey - really shows how many different factors are involved in defining our gender identity - from reading a map, to the length of our fingers (in centimetres!!).

At the end of the day, I don't believe that we should be defined as "male" or "female".. we are all just human beings on different points of a continuum...

Glenda
11-29-2008, 08:26 PM
I scored 50 on the female side.

Billie_P
11-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I scored 0.

I guess I don't have a brain. :doh:

ericalynncd
11-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I was surprised, 100% female. I was thinking in the middle.

CiCi
11-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Zero here, too.

Jenniferpl
11-30-2008, 12:17 AM
I scored zero. I had my wife take it and she scored zero. We must make an interesting pair. I think more like a woman and she thinks more like a man.

Caroline C
11-30-2008, 02:08 AM
I scored 25% female. I didn't figure out how to properly score the faces until half way through but I did score high on the eyes test. And after 10 minutes for looking for a metric ruler it said my hands were feminine.

Joan Merrie
11-30-2008, 09:22 AM
70 on the fem side. My honey scored 75 on the fem side.:hugs:

wannabie
11-30-2008, 09:49 AM
my friend & I took it.

I Scored 50/50 She scored 80% Male.

What does that say about her? she has two kids, more feminine than I am and happily married.

Carole Cross
11-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I was 50 on the male side, but some of my scores were well above the average for both sexes.

Glenda
11-30-2008, 11:01 AM
As mentioned earlier, I scored a 50 on the female side and was a little surprised I did not score higher on the male side. I've taken the night to think about it and I guess it makes sense.

While I pride myself on my ability to do masculine things, the plain truth is that I'm not that good at some things male. I can't figure out how things work. I was raised on a farm and ranch with two brothers and was very good working both the crops and the animals. If you show me what to do, I can usually do it well, take great satisfaction in contributing to the effort and even sometimes find some ways to do it better. If the tractor broke down, I would switch to another tractor and my dad would fix the broken one. I might be able to fix it, but it would take me 5 to 10 times longer. On the other hand, if the job was to build something like a shed, a room, a barn, a fence, etc., I was very good at that. Just don't get me mechanical.

My (ex) marriage was much the same. We were both raised on the farm and were very good with tools. If the car broke down, my wife would tell me what was wrong or I would study the manual for hours. I was happy to do the work, but I didn't like figuring out what the problem was. I'll bet if she took the test, she would score high on the male scale. I'm good at sports and games and enjoy male companionship and competition but I'm really happy talking to, counseling or just listeing to my female friends. I always have been. It was a struggle in school to spend most of my time playing sports with the boys when I was so attracted to and wanted to spend time with the girls.

I guess the real difference between me and most of my male friends is that I enjoy the companionship of women without the pretense of the sexual innuendo or competition. I don't have the desire to conquer. I am not the initiator. I care first for how they feel and am very good at allowing women to talk to me without feeling like they will be betrayed. Guys talk to me about things they won't share with others as well. They don't feel embarassed. I suppose I'm trustworthy and caring. I guess that makes me more feminine.

Jonianne
11-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I scored a 50 on the male side, but got 19 out of 20 on the empathy test and a 9 out of 10 on reading the emotions in the eyes.

I guess I am a male empath that likes to crossdress. Or maybe I am just good at putting myself into womens shoes.

jessielee
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
i scored midway as well. not too surprising in that my strong empathising skills and emotion reading was balanced by finger length ratio and excellent spatial calculating.
but the scientific accuracy is marred somewhat by their admission that women prefer different degrees of masculinity in a face depending on the time of the month. also, i appreciate a feminine appearing face, whether my own or another's. that would seem to tip me more "male" but does not take into account lesbian tendencies, which, if i were gg, i would be diagnosed as having.
also, some ggs are better than others at using measuring devices precisely. i perceive the test devisers approach stereotyping against the reality of so many brilliant women technicians and scientists out there. they admit, right bran dominance produces some acutely accurate angle readers and spatial orienters in the real world among ggs.
so, betwixt and between, shouldn't be surprised. if men are from mars and women are from venus, we gender dysphorics are oft stuck between worlds.
jessie

Crystal Galadriel
12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I scored 50 on the guy side, right at average for the guys who took it. Most of my scores were middle-ish, in the "balanced" section, usually leaning male. My index fingers are the EXACT same length as my ring fingers, which I already knew BEFORE I spent 10 minutes trying to measure and convert to metric.

There were a couple of scores that were extreme, such as the "Spot the Difference" one where stuff moved, I outdid the average girl by 9%. I also nearly perfected the eyes portion, which is supposed to be more feminine, and did perfect that 3D shapes one with the tetris-type pieces. I've always been good about envisioning objects and moving them around in my mind.

I think I ended up on the average guy side because I was slightly less than average guy on most of the areas, totally girly on two and totally guy on two. I guess the extremes cancelled each other out and I just got "guyish". The other tests I've taken have all called me out as being androgenous >.> (built small, on the short side, thin waist...but I have a beard! distinctly male, lol)

I do think that my brain generally works in a more masculine fashion, but sometimes I like feeling girly, and sometimes I like more stereotypically girly things, so sue me.

Christie ann
12-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I scored the same as the average woman taking the test.

Sarasometimes
12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
It was an interesting test and my result was 25 toward male brain. Less than average guy. I did much better at the eys part than I thought I would. Thanks for the link. i may have skewed my results by taking the test wearing a bra and girdle.

KatieZ
12-03-2008, 09:27 AM
25 on the female side.
About the same as all the other tests I've taken.
Just wish my face reflected my brain!

Cathytg
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
How interesting! I scored dead in the center- just as I almost always do on these kinds of tests.

I have long thought of gender (not sex) as being a continuum from feminine to masculine (not female to male) and I have always seen myself as being right on the mid point. Maybe that is why I am sitting here fully dressed but not contemplating Sex reassignment or going full time.

rosetyler
12-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I scored right in the middle, at zero.

kristinacd55
12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I scored zero, right in the middle of male and female. It figures! :)

right down the middle for me 2! :)

Trinni
12-04-2008, 09:52 PM
I was very surprised, I scored a 50 on the female side which is the average for females. I thought I was going to be more on the male side but no complaints here.

jackie_p
12-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I've taken this test before and I generally fall right about
the middle of the range, between male and female. No real
surprise to me though.

carolinewalker_2000
12-05-2008, 05:53 AM
I matched the male average, but scores in individual sections varied greatly. In some I lined up with the men, in others with the women. Guess I'm just a mixed up kid!!!