PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever said, " Hey, did I ever mention I crossdress?"

docrobbysherry
11-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I haven't. I worry if I ever did say that to someone, a whole, lengthy explanation would have to follow!:sad:

Kind of like the explanation required if u told someone; "Hey, did u know I invite the young children in my neighborhood over to my house, for candy and to watch DVDs?"

If u ever told someone u CDed, did your talk also include explanations, and a lot of "disclaimers"? Like;

"But, I'm NOT gay. It's simply an expression of my femimine side. It's just that I like the feel of ladies things. It helps me to relax. Etc., etc.":o

And then, don't u have explain your "explanations"?:doh:

Or, maybe I'm wrong! Maybe they don't say a word? Just stare at u like you've suddenly turned into an alien?:eek:

Will u tell us closet CDs, your experiences of telling someone, "I CD"?

Kelly DeWinter
11-29-2008, 11:39 AM
oh yeah, thats a great ice breaker at parties. Like

"Hi ! Ed , What about that ravens game ? I like to cross dres while watching a game, what about you ?

KellyCD
11-29-2008, 11:53 AM
"Hey, did u know I invite the young children in my neighborhood over to my house, for candy and to watch DVDs?"

I'm gonna go ahead and say that people in general are creeped out by that statement.

Funny enough though that would work in my neighborhood. Our community is different than most american's.

Most of the reactions I've gotten were "Really??! wow I would have never known!" lol I'm really a girl working undercover as a boy.

Cari
11-29-2008, 09:49 PM
The reaction all depends on the person and why you are telling them. After telling other CD's and a few people who are known to be friendly to the community you develop almost a sixth sense about who you can tell. There are some people out there that you just know not to tell.

In general when you tell someone their first concern is how does this affect me ; they get to you later. If you start making "disclaimers" they figure you arent comfortable with it so they arent either.

I dont advertise but I dont hide either. I can think of four times Ive decided to tell people.

In my case family and close friends were funny. I havent told them all but those I did already knew or were suspecting worse, so the reaction was mainly "thats all" or "Gee I never would have guessed". They wonder why you are telling them now. They are expecting a much bigger announcement than just "I crossdress once in awhile". The really big concern is that your telling them because your scheduled to appear on Jerry Springer or that you are coming to christmas dinner dressed. So questions like "Are you getting a sex change?", "How will you dress at the next event I host? " or "Could my kids see you in public ?" came out first

Ive gotten "caught" buying clothes or with some makeup residue ect and just decided I didnt want to lie. These folks arent really close friends but they have earned enough respect that you dont want to lie to them and after awhile you just get tired of lying anyways. In general I've gotten the "I never would have guessed". That sixth sense is really important here, if your honest and comfortable with it, they will be as well. I always ask them to respect my privacy and they have.

Medical professionals: I dont tell every medical person but the primary docs should know. Things like loss of body hair or skin irritation from cosmetics could look like symptoms of more serious issues to them. They will ask a few relevant questions like are you on hormones or do you feel it causes stress ect. But they are trained and for the most part discrete at least while you are there. I'm pretty sure they chat at lunch.

Women your dating is a crap shoot and has been covered a million times I wont waste any time on it here.

As crossdresers we have some experience being in someone elses shoes, that blank stare may simply be because they are processing the information so dont misread it or run away, give them some time. You've had years to get used to the idea: give them a minute. They are probably trying to guess what you look like when dressed.

Instead of blurting out disclaimers; Ive found it's better to break the ice with "I dont share that information with everyone but don't want to lie to you". I dont want to leave them with the impression that Im completely open with this and dont care who they tell.

Once its out there and you've asked them to respect your privacy, just let them lead the conversation. You have all the experience, they aren't going to ask any questions you havent asked yourself. Some may walk away then ask questions later which is really hard because you figure they are telling everyone.

To give you a really direct answer the top few questions Ive gotten are:

1: Why are you telling me this ?
2: Are you getting or do you want a sex change ?
3: Do you go out in public ?
4: Do you try to trick men and make them think you are a woman ?
5: What do you look like when you dress ?
6: How long have you been doing this ?
7: Why ?

The only disclaimer I offer up is to ask them to respect my privacy. And that sixth sense is really important.

cari

Karren H
11-29-2008, 10:24 PM
That's pretty close to the response I made to my wife when she found a few of my skirts.... That wasn't a stellar day.....

CD Susan
11-29-2008, 10:36 PM
I have never had to tell anyone that I am a crossdresser. My ex-wife did that for me at the time of our divorce 13 years ago. She outed me to my entire family including our son who was 9 years old at the time, as well as all of my friends at the time. She did this to spite me but actually did me a favor as I no longer have to hide this from any of these people. It is a great feeling!

mklinden2010
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM
In those words?

Uhhh... No. Not the way I go about it.

Hey, I'm old. Old enough to have done a lot of things by now.

I just work it in here and there if I feel I need to:

"Oh, man, those shoes she's got on! I have these shoes I got ten years ago for Halloween. They're like that. Damn hard to walk in at first. What? Oh, yeah, I still have 'em. Kinda fun that stuff. I wish I had more time for it, but, you know, duty calls."

Annnnd... as they say at the track:

"Theeey'rre offfff annd ruuunning!"

The earlier post about the questions you get. Yep, Spot on.

But, just answer 'em...

I've noticed you get more points added for having intelligent answers than you loose for having two sets of clothes....

JenniferR771
11-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Medical professionals respect your privacy. I told two doctors, optomitrist, and dentist. Front office girls seemed to be Ok with the idea, very friendly and complimented me on my pics when I showed them. So I got brave and went to dentist in slacks heels and wig. I asked if he was offended, and offered to change. He said, "Yes, please change." Conservative town. Or maybe my nerdy, not-so-sparkling personality.

Told my brother one day. He didn't say much except that he said, "I won't tell my wife."

Deborah Jane
11-30-2008, 05:45 AM
You are dressed in your best feminine finery while drinking at a bar when....

A guy walks over....

"Hi, is this seat taken?"
"No, feel free"
"Can i have a pint of lager please and whatever the lady,s drinking, my name,s John by the way"
"Thank you, i,ll have a glass of Brandy please, my names Deborah and by the way did i mention i,m a crossdresser?"

I dunno, somehow i don,t think it works too well :doh: :heehee:

balletchick
11-30-2008, 06:55 AM
I have often worried that I may have mentioned it while drunk. I have rather uptight friends who probably wouldn't understand ( I know I need new friends). I say some pretty crazy things while drunk, I have a very dark sardonic sense of humor and love to mess with peoples minds. The fact is I could have said it and nobody believed me. Thats what happens when you drink Absinthe, vodka and tequila.

Serena
11-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Haha not directly 'crossdressing' but stuff that hinted at it or would lead to that discussion anyway. The only specific situation I remember is when I was a teenager and one of my high school friends and I were talking about something. For some reason I mentioned wearing panties and she's like, 'You wear panties? What kind?' haha. And I revealed my crossdressing but she was cool with it. Unfortunately we weren't friends for too much longer. Not because of that, just other reasons.

I think one other situation was finding an old friend online that had moved and we had both become more open with ourselves so I was easily able to just mention that I do crossdress. That was the same year.

SherylynJade
12-01-2008, 07:50 AM
The way I told my neighbor was simple. I told her that she should have been outside about 2 hours earlier, when she asked why, I told her that she could have seen me dressed like a girl.
Didn't affect our friendship at all, and she's seen me plenty of times dressed up since then (which was just a month and a half ago).

Jess_cd32
12-01-2008, 07:56 AM
No, but I have thought of saying to my SO, "hey how about we order a pizza and celebrate my cross dressing comming out party to you":heehee:

Seriously may do that soon:doh:

Ashlyee Paige
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I think after I shaved everthing, plucked eyebrows and grew my nails out people started to wonder, I got asked by one girl if I did at work, not sure if anyone knows but I have very feminine mannerisms so when I am at work putting lotion on and talking about manicures and coach handbags to girls at work someone should get the hint soon lol

JD-Chattanooga
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I have told my wife about my crossdressing about 10 years ago. I don't have the desire to tell anyone else. That would just make it more of a big deal, and really it isn't. I just want to wear what makes me happy. But if someone wants to ask about and really talk about it I would be happy to.
GG's would not just come up to you and say, "I love lingerie and sexy heels."

JD :)