PDA

View Full Version : Getting Out and Christmas Time

AKAMichelle
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Does anyone else feel timid about going out at Christmas time? I have been out about 15 or so times and the fear is pretty much gone. I have not been able to go out dressed since Veteran's day. To make matters worse, I have never gone out on a Friday or Saturday night. I want to go out tonight, but am finding myself a little scared of going out in all the crowd.

I am hoping that I can talk myself into getting out. I am doing a pro and con list in my head. It seems silly, but it is a little paralyzing all the same.

Jenna1561
11-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Michelle,

Since you've been out already, you know what to expect. Though I'm almost 24/7 now, I seem to remember the Christmas holiday season as being the best to dress and go out. Yes, there are many more people, but they're usually very much into their own world. The sales associates are concerned with making sales and don't usually have much spare time to worry about us, if they ever do. A nice movie is always a good outing allowing, some interaction and offering a great degree of safety and anonymity.

Of course there are more teenagers out also, so just be somewhat wary of them. Remember CONFIDENCE and ATTITUDE! If you're going clubbing, I'd try to find a Lesbian or Gay club, they're usually very TG friendly. If you pass well, then a nice straight club will be okay. But definitely stay away from biker and redneck clubs, but I'm sure you already knew that. :)

Have Fun and Be Safe

Jenna

Karren H
11-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm the opposite.... the more crowded the better.... mainly because they, them... not us.... are all super busy with shopping and what ever and it's way easier to blend in in a large busy crowd than in a small one.. imho...

vikki2020
11-30-2008, 12:49 AM
C'mon,Michelle,just consider it #16! Same as the first 15, only with Christmas music!Seriously though, you have been out, so getting into a more crowded atmosphere is another step forward.Confidence,girl!Good luck.:)

AKAMichelle
11-30-2008, 01:27 AM
I don't know why, but for the last 2 weeks I have found every reason not to go out. I even put on 5+ pounds. I just got in a rut. I didn't come out of the rut completely, but I got out tonight after all.

I was trying hard to talk myself into it and I finally succeeded. I ended up at the JC Penney returning some items which didn't fit. While I was there I looked at some earrings which I had been trying to find. I didn't find any I liked. I also tried on some tops which I need. Here again didn't find anything that I just had to have. So after I finished up at JC Penney, I went grocery shopping. The highlight of my day was grocery shopping. :D

I'm going to try and get back to normal routine of going out 2-3 times per week.