PDA

View Full Version : Wearing enfemme, but appearing as a man.

sissystephanie
11-30-2008, 02:01 PM
How many of you ladies go out in public dressed enfemme, but withour a wig or makeup? Or to put it bluntly, a man wearing a skirt! Since my lovely wife passed away a little over three years ago, I do it all the time. Grocery shopping, going to the mall, going out to eat, or doing almost anything else!

I am a confirmed CD, meaning that I am much more comfortable in feminine clothing than in male things. I have no desire to be a woman, I just like to dress like one!!:) Before my wife passed away, she would do my wig and my makeup so that we could go out as two ladies! Except for my voice, which is quite distinctively male, I had no trouble passing. I did have a lot of laryngitis in those days!!!

At age 76 I am older then many of you, and have been a CD for over 65 years. So I do have experience on my side when it comes to having the confidence to face the public wearing skirts, etc. Btw, when I am out like that I am feminine from the skin out!!:love:

So what about you ladies?

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Sarah Martin
11-30-2008, 02:31 PM
If I go out I always try to look as 'feminine' as possible - so it's wig, make-up etc.

Sometimes I 'underdress' when we go out but will not wear a skirt on those occasions.

Angie G
11-30-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't pass well so the only time I out is Halloween. But aside from work I sometimes wear a cami and always wear panties whrn I'm out.:hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
11-30-2008, 03:02 PM
How many of you ladies go out in public dressed enfemme, but without a wig or makeup?

Hi Stephanie,

Wow! ... fully en femme with hip padding and forms etc but no makeup or a wig? That seems pretty brave to me. :) I don't know how feminine you look in boy mode, but I guess you are sending a clear signal that you are comfortable being seen as a feminine man - unless you're pretty passable in boy mode :D

I like dressing in fairly obvious feminine clothes but otherwise be in (girly) boy mode. However, I don't go all out and wear skirts or dresses like you do, I just wear jeans or capris with tennis shoes, a girls' t-shirt and cardigan with a baseball cap, earrings and light eye makeup. When I dress this way I think I look like a girly guy openly wearing women's clothes yet when I'm with my wife and I'm dressed like this we sometimes get called ladies. Yet I'm thinking to myself .... "I'm a guy can't you tell?" Being called ladies when I'm with my wife always seems to happen when I'm fully en femme and doing my best to pass but my point is, sometimes it happens when I'm not trying to pass. It's the biggest thrill for me when it does happen.

avril findlay
11-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't even think of looking out of the window without my wig and makeup when I'm dressed! I want to look as feminine as I can not like a "guy in a skirt!"

pink femme
11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I have to say that it is each to there own....but in my case, I wouldn't dream of it sorry!!

It's woman or man for me....but then even though I am convinced I should be a female, I look like a man in drag so venturing out is a big no no!!:sad:

Ronni Seymour
11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I only go out when fully dressed and made up. I want to be seen as either 100% male or female. No mix.

CharleneT
11-30-2008, 04:07 PM
I wear feminine clothing almost every day. BUT it is also pretty stealth. If you thought about it, you would realize that it is girls... but most do not think about it at all!!

Joanne f
11-30-2008, 04:19 PM
I think that s a very natural way of doing it and a true meaning of being at one with yourself.

joanne

Sandra Dunn
11-30-2008, 04:32 PM
I wear alot of female clothing even in butch mode,it's usually the generic style like pants tops loffers. Otherwise I perfer the total look. I don't know maybe someday I'll just go out wearing a dress or skirt without the wig and make-up. Naw I think I'll wear it all.

It's great you feel comfortable doing it, and it'll open the doors for others to step out on their own quest.

HUGS Sandra

Anna the Dub
11-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I am more of less wearing female clothes all the time now, but jeans, tee shirts, cords, etc not skirts and so on. A few people don't realise that I am wearing female clothes but I think that most do, as my body shape is now decidedly female (bum and boobs, even my face has improved) and I do get some very odd looks. Who cares, it makes me happy. Eventually I will go the whole hog, permanently.

lauraabdl
11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
I have been out a few times fully enfemme but not as a plain jane. I know I dont pass but the thrill at night is almost unbearable, I honestly wish I could go out whenever I wanted but atlass I do what I can as often as I can.
Laura

Tracii G
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I pretty much wear femme jeans and gender neutral tops (some lean a little girly) in guy mode.No make up or wig and most don't notice.

sandyb40c
11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Sometimes when I go shopping the only male things I wear are my shoes and coat. I always underdress and either wear female pants or jeans plus female tops that can sometimes pass as male tops. I occasionally get questioning looks, but I feel fairly confident walking around like that. If I'm brave enough I may wear some comfortable female shoes. The more I go out like tht the easier it becomes.

Butterfly Bill
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm one of those "bearded ladies" that Tri-Ess dreads. Hate having sticky goop on my face, and I would rather just wear a hat if my head gets cold. And some people act like they dig on the honesty.

Serena
11-30-2008, 10:34 PM
I like doing it because it confuses people :) I'll wear one piece of women's clothing, usually a skirt or with a blouse, or a blouse with pants and sometimes heels. I'll even go out in normal guy clothes but have girly hair and/or painted finger and toenails, with an open-toe. I love expressing myself because it shows I don't care if other people like it or not, I'll still do it.

sissystephanie
11-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Wow! ... fully en femme with hip padding and forms etc but no makeup or a wig? That seems pretty brave to me. :) I don't know how feminine you look in boy mode, but I guess you are sending a clear signal that you are comfortable being seen as a feminine man - unless you're pretty passable in boy mode.

Rachel, I don't usually wear hip padding and never wear forms. My avatar shows me the way I am! I am a natural 40 B, a perfect size 16, and proud of it! I am not passable in boy mode, but I try to look pretty feminine the way I dress. And yes, I am totally comfortable being seen that way. It is a total matter of confidence in yourself! BTW, I did walk around in a local mall wearing the same top and bra as seen in my avatar. Also had a skort on! Some doubletakes, but no comments!

Sarena, you are my kind of lady!! If you are happy in what you are wearing, that is all that counts!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-30-2008, 11:11 PM
wearing womens clothes but as a man.... ummm that would be me also,,,,

txrobinm
11-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Stephanie, I love it! Confidence is awesome!

I did this all the time in college, 15 years ago. I'd usually have men's clothes from the waste up, and a skirt and heeled boots with interesting hosiery where they belong. I got a few comments and questions, and one loud mouth in a parking lot, but most were cool with it. Hey, it was college, after all.

I thought that version was the most logical, following the pattern of "crossdressing" modeled by GGs- girls wear guy clothes all the time without trying to appear as a man, so why shouldn't I do the same if I'm bored with men's clothes?

I'm progressing in what I'm looking for, interestingly enough. Just last week I bought my first makeup, and I'll have a wig fitted this week. Partly for disguise, but mostly to see my femme side in full-force.

Tracii G
11-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I was out in drab today well close to anyway low cut femme jeans Tshirt guy jacket and tennies and went to Guitar Center for some things and to show a guitar I built to the Mgr.
Well checking the guitar at the front desk the young lady said wow thats some pretty fingernail polish a nice shimmery pink.I told her I was in drag last night and forgot to take it off she said "REALLY?"I said yeah really.
She had the deer in the headlights look.Too funny.

Marshchild
12-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm another one who goes out en femme but looking as a man - indeed, that's the way I've always done it. I've always just been someone who wants his "total fashion freedom", and going the "whole hog" by trying to pass as a woman always seemed like too much trouble, and not what I was really looking to do anyway. Really, I'm perfectly content to be just one big girlyboy. :heehee: I'm fortunate in that I've been told I look pretty feminine anyway, and that I look really good in women's clothing even as a guy. My androgynous way of dressing has really become my own unique style over the years, and I think I'd be doing my pretty looks a disservice if I ceased dressing the way I do, if I just went around in a drab grey suit like seemingly 90% of all other guys in Western society do these days. :sad:

I will admit that I do feminize my appearance in various other ways. I wax or shave most of my body, have used laser treatment to remove most of my facial hair (I just never liked the look of my five o'clock shadow - I always thought it made me look grotty), and exercise regularly in order to maintain the slim, girlish figure I've always been lucky to have. I also get a funny sort of pleasure from being mistaken for a girl, which happens occasionally. I've also worn makeup and cosmetics when out; given a lot of rockstars and historical figures have worn that kind of thing, I don't think that's any big deal. I've also gone completely en femme for fancy dress parties, and when I've done that, have put a lot of effort into the look I've crafted, so I come across as convincing a woman as I can.

One thing I find fascinating is just how beautiful some guys can look in women's clothing and makeup, even without trying to pass. As I mentioned in another posting, I once saw Davey Jones (of Monkees fame) in a leafy woman's bathing cap, and thought he looked very cute in that (unfortunately he didn't stay in it long, and was really only wearing it under duress); and I was also fortunate to see Eddie Izzard do standup a few years ago. Dressed and made up, he's really quite stunning (far more so than he appears in photos), even though he doesn't go out of his way to pass as a woman. In addition, I've found some rather interesting pieces of art on a couple of sites called "Petticoat Discipline Quarterly" and "Petticoat Punishment Art". Done by an artist who refers to her(him?)self simply as Christeen, they show a boy called Chris (who actually appears to be three different individuals) being dressed like a girl by various female authority figures in his life. In a lot of the pictures he'll appear as a (very pretty) girl, but in some he'll appear as an extremely feminized boy instead. In the latter, he looks amazing, possessing a beauty that seems to transcend gender - it's really mind-blowing. Unfortunately, Christeen's art seems to have been removed from both sites right now, but hopefully it'll be back up again soon - they say its removal is only temporary.

Secret Sis
12-01-2008, 09:03 AM
I for one have never worn a wig or make up... I just love wearing clothes that are as feminine as possible. I however don't venture out of the house that way, except for the occasional underdressing. (Almost everything that I like to wear would be pretty inappropriate in public anyway - especially for someone my age.)

I've come to realize that I definitely don't want to be a woman, and when dressed I don't even want to act like one. I'm just me in female clothes.

Lawren
12-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm getter bolder about it all. Recently I've been going out in guy mode but with nice femme tops and jewelry on. So far there have been no bad reactions to it.

LACD
12-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I've undressed or worn womens jeans when I'm out sometimes. You ladies that go out dressed all the time have my admiration. I would love to go out shopping and to a movie or something like that dressed as I would really love to. My wife and I have talke about it, but that is as far as it has gone. I would like to find a kind of accepting place near home but we know to many people. The old bugger-boo of seeing somone we know.

Janie Gunn
12-01-2008, 09:53 AM
If I'm going out to look like a woman then I try to look as passable as possible. Yesterday for the first time I went out without a wig and got some compliments from some new friends that I should do that rather than wear a wig. Although it must look better than I thought, I'm not totally convinced about it yet, it was only because I was with many new non-judgemental friends. One night I wore high heel ankle boots with all other male clothing, to the supermarket. I got some stares from a maintenance worker who was there working, but I just stared at that jerk as hard as I could to deter him. When dressed in all male clothing, I've had quite a few good comments about my nail polish. But generally I dont try and do a mix of the clothing. I do plan to wear the high heel boots with my male clothing a bit more, but thats about the only thing.

Janie

wtb Jessica
12-01-2008, 10:20 AM
I too go out dressed in fem clothes sometime but mostly just juniors jeans.

Amanda.D
12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I walk the dog early in the morning and do so en-femme less wig and make-up, mostly jeans, though I do wear a skirt or dress occasionally. I used to take heels with me and change at the top of the road, but just lately I have been wearing them start to finish, I love the click clack noise that they make. Because it is still dark and those that I do encounter are rushing to work or walking their own dog I have not had any serious problems. Trouble is, I usually meet the same people most days so it might cause more problems if they saw a blonde walking somebody elses dog. I would love to got out though, totally en-femme during the daytime, shopping at the mall and am building up to it slowly.
Mandy

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
And If I wear breast forms I always wear my wig and skirt etc. But at times when I go out with Short shorts or Spandex pant's or leggings and a blouse I will go without a wig. I now wear jewelry all the time, definitely towards the feminine style whether I'm dressed male or feminine.

Definitely, as I get older my desire to dress as I please is taking a stronger stance in me. And since my children know about my dressing my confidence level has increased. What I've found at least for me is the more I tell people about my crossdressing, I find that so far it has not alienated me from people. :battingeyelashes:

Schatten Lupus
12-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Fortunately for me, I have long hair, and do not require a wig.

2b.Lauren
12-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Stephanie, I admire you so very much. It is very cool that you have the confidence in yourself to go out dressed as how you feel. I try to always think of clothes as just that clothes. I hate that gender rules created by society stating that certain clothes are male and others lfor women only. The truth is they just cover the parts that we should not be showing. I am glad that we do have the option to choose to wear whatever we feel like. If it were not how it is we would'nt be having this discussion or forum, and I would find that to be very very sad also. I do not own a wig or forms yet. I am beginning to look for them more now. I have gone out before with a bra, cami, panties and hose, a sweater, ladies slacks, clogs, no make up other than lipstick and lip gloss, and styled my hair in a more fem way. I also have have fairly natural A cups, and when I do wear a bra you can tell I have them :). One night I went for dinner and did get a couple of stares from the ladies at the bar. I was at first uncomfortable but then found it to be okay, maybe what I was looking for at the time. I also think it must have been so cool to have a spouse that was so accepting of you and helped you dress. It is like having your spouse, best friend, and a gg best friend all in one. Must have been such a great experience. I am working to be more comfortable and accepting of myself. I feel that is really the most important aspect. We will always encounter others that are judgemental, critical, and non supportive of what we do, but we must become comfortable with ourselves first in order for those things not to affect us anymore. I think that you are in that place, and it must be a very nice and safe place to be. Thanks for your stories and comments. I love them bunches!

tanyalynn51
12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
only once, in the middle of the night, to the dumpster at my apartments, in a skirt and sweater (fully dressed underneath, of course). I was scared to death.

Intertwined
12-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Sissystephanie, That is exactly what I do every time I do go out enfemme.

I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine

I think its actually easier, people dont know what to think, its obvious I am not trying to pass as a woman, but, that guy is in high heels and a skirt, or carrying a Liz Claireborne purse (its red leather, its my favorite one that my wife gave me).

I actually get more compliments and questions, like where did I get something, than people saying, Why are you wearing that?

Check out my profile, I have a gallery of some of my stuff.

Fiona Lindum
12-01-2008, 04:43 PM
I normally go out dressed apart from a wig and makeup. As yet I have only had favourable comments from people.

Angel.Marie76
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Wow! ... fully en femme with hip padding and forms etc but no makeup or a wig? That seems pretty brave to me. :) I don't know how feminine you look in boy mode, but I guess you are sending a clear signal that you are comfortable being seen as a feminine man - unless you're pretty passable in boy mode :D

I like dressing in fairly obvious feminine clothes but otherwise be in (girly) boy mode. However, I don't go all out and wear skirts or dresses like you do, I just wear jeans or capris with tennis shoes, a girls' t-shirt and cardigan with a baseball cap, earrings and light eye makeup. When I dress this way I think I look like a girly guy openly wearing women's clothes yet when I'm with my wife and I'm dressed like this we sometimes get called ladies. Yet I'm thinking to myself .... "I'm a guy can't you tell?" Being called ladies when I'm with my wife always seems to happen when I'm fully en femme and doing my best to pass but my point is, sometimes it happens when I'm not trying to pass. It's the biggest thrill for me when it does happen.

That's exactly what I just posted a message about earlier today.. I've been getting more and more daring going out these days, but still generally just blurring the edges of femme and not. Lately it's been low-rise tight-fitting or stretch jeans with bootcuts with heeled boots (I'm a boot-nut ;-) and some sort of form-fitting top, light makeup (if any at all) and lip gloss, etc. As of late I've been wearing Cami-like tops with 'shelf-bras' that I've been padding a little here and there, testing my own waters of showing some chest. You could say that Angel sneaks more out of the closet the farther I can run from where I live. I'll continue to show more of the seemingly reserved female side (as observing so many other GG's around - for 20-30-somethings there aren't many skirts out there lately) until I feel brave enough to go out in skirts to places besides the club at night.

andy6432668
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I do the same I am much more comfortable in womens clothes then male I often wear a white see though blouse with a white bra and a denim skirt in public with no problems at all. do I get looks ? sure do I really care what people think ? hell no.

Karren H
12-01-2008, 08:33 PM
I have many times.... the center two photos were last summer... went out shopping and to a casino... 100% enfemme clothing, light makeup.... had a balst!! Some people didn't know what to make of me... but I had no problem and this was down in West Virginia....

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/ootdp2.jpg

Salene
12-02-2008, 12:05 AM
My normal style is fem (or atleast tight fitting) pants, shirt and makeup. But I'm Goth so it seems to be more exceptable then "crossdressing" with wigs and fake boobs.

cardigansissy
02-02-2009, 05:15 PM
That's me as well, girls' t-shirt 6 one of my many cardies, see http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/ if interested.

Hi Stephanie,

Lainie
02-02-2009, 09:00 PM
as I've said in a few previous posts.

I can't take the big handlebar mustache on & off quickly, so I just give up on face & cosmetics. I do have a couple of masks--one half-face that just covers my upper lip, nose & cheeks; one old-witch Halloween mask that is really just a wrinkly old woman, no disfigurement. I don't want to cause offense, and decided against the mask for normal day wear because it seems more threatening. I have worn a mask to a party and out on a crowded street late one evening.

My hair is a bit shorter than the average girl's, but not out of place on many women my age. Naturally wavy, it looks a more femme when I tousle it and wear bangs. I do have a wig, but it seems a little young for me, and it makes the facial hair seem stranger. So now I just leave it at home.

I've been out shopping many times in "mufti"; i.e., wearing rather mannish slacks and blouses, and women's flats. You wouldn't notice unless you paid attention to which side the buttons were on, or looked closely for pockets. I wear necklaces & sometimes earrings with them, but those can go off on the street and on in the store. I wear mufti entering and leaving work some times, changing to drab while in the office.

But now, I'm just wearing skirts for shopping. I have to wear hose or tights, because my wife won't let me shave my legs again. I did once for Halloween when she was out of town, and she went ballistic. Hasn't noticed the shaved armpits for the last month, though...:heehee:

beenherelongtime
02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
i am 73 years old crossdressing for 59 years, will write someday about the ups and downs i've had, and the pleasure i have had wearing feminine items to work.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
How well are you treated when you go out ? Why don't you dress totally ?

JoAnne Wheeler

sissystephanie
02-03-2009, 10:28 AM
How well are you treated when you go out ? Why don't you dress totally ?

JoAnne Wheeler

JoAnne,

I have never had a bad experience when out dressed! Of course, I do get some funny looks but I just smile and walk away! I also have had many compliments on my clothes or shoes. I thank my darling late wife for that!

When you ask why I don't dress totally, I would guess you mean why don't I wear a wig and makeup. I am not trying to be a woman, I am a man who likes to wear female clothing!! Since I am pretty much bald on top I would definitely need a wig. I have never been any good at fixing my wig, probably because my dear late wife always did it for me. O.K., so I am spoiled! Same with makeup, she did it for me. I am more comfortable in feminine clothing, so that is what I wear the majority of the time. Hope I have answered your question.

docrobbysherry
02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I've tried underdressing. I found it to be uncomfortable and pointless, shortly after the, " If they only knew!", thrill passed. Which was quickly, in my case.

I've read several posts where folks say they feel more comfortable in fem clothes. I have NEVER felt more comfortable dressed fem! In fact, the titeness, clingyness, and discomfort of foundation gear, bras, heels, etc., is one thing I REALLY enjoy about dressing! :D

Maybe, in some way, u feel like you're expressing your fem side? If that's it, I don't think I'm in touch with my fem side enough to understand those feeling yet! Maybe some day I will!?:brolleyes:

donnadawn
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I often go out totally enfemme. That would include every thing from top to bottom but in stealth mode so I do appear as 100% male. I almost always wear womens low rise jeans ( They actually fit better then men's), women's socks and running shoes ( with pink accents ), a woman's 'big' shirt, my hair is done up high in a pony tail with pink rubber bands, a woman's watch, and of course panties. On those days when my wife is out of town I pick it up a notch or two and wear women's slacks ( the ones with no pockets and low rise ), women's loafer shoes that have about a two inch heel ( the slacks cover most of them up when i'm walking ), bra and breast forms, some jewelry, put some tight curls in my pony tail, nylons and garter, and light make up. No one has ever noticed that I'm CDing or at least made it known that they were bothered by what I was wearing. I take that back. I once went into a fast food place to have a bit to eat and before I left I took my jacket off ( which hides the bigger boobs ). As I approached the trash bin a young girl working behind the counter made it obvious she had made me because her jaw dropped nearly to the floor. When I went to get in my car I took a look back at the place and I could see this girl craneing her neck out the drive up window to get another look at me. It just made me smile.

PetiteTonya
02-04-2009, 11:01 PM
It's more of a transition. I'm either a woman or a man and if the woman is to go out, then the transition begins. However, once the transition is complete and I'm "out"...it usually lasts for days.

I know I know...somewhat demarcated, but as I'm still new to the fact that I'm transgendered, it's the only way I can keep this is some sort of perspective

sfwarbonnet
02-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I have many times.... the center two photos were last summer... went out shopping and to a casino... 100% enfemme clothing, light makeup.... had a balst!! Some people didn't know what to make of me... but I had no problem and this was down in West Virginia....

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/ootdp2.jpg

When you;re semi-dressed, what public restroom do you use? I can see personal safety issues in a mens room. and issues with GG's in the ladies room.

Michelia
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I have recently posted about my experiences in mix mode. I will not go over them here again, but I had to respond to this thread.

You know why? I will confess, that when I first joined CD.com and read your posts, I saw you as very gutsy and smart, yet a little freakish. That of course, came from someone who still had a lot of mixed emotions about her own state of crossdressing. This whole "sissy' thing was something that did not sit too well with me. Yet as I have come to be more accepting of myself I have also listened more intently to others' experiences.

You being one of them. So I must thank you. I now you know you are not freakish at all, but worthy of all respect and admiration. You put your best face and foot forward and represent us well. I have come to emulate you in some ways. I still like and try to dress up all the way when I can. But it is through people like you that I have really started to enjoy myself.

I never had the time to fully crossdress and I do not have the physique to pass. I was obsessed with both of these and I never went out of my house. I had a closet full of clothes and never used them out of the house. Now I wear them any time I get a chance. Made up or not, and all in between. I am also finding out that sometimes I get out of bed and I want to be dressed all the way, other times I am happy being androgynous, and yet other times I want nothing to do with girly clothes. This variety is making it more interesting and flexible for me and suits my personality.

Thanks for being there and sharing your experiences. Please take the freakish thing with a grain of salt as it is not meant to offend. I have said it to emphasize what a positive force you have been in my life.