PDA

View Full Version : How was your year ?

Suzy Harrison
12-01-2008, 07:27 AM
As 2008 comes to a close, have you given any thought of how it went for you?

For instance:

Did you do the things you thought you might do when you made your 2008 New Year Resolutions?
What were the highlights and the lowlights of your year?

For me 2008 was a turning point:

Highlights
I got to see my favourite people from this site at SCC in Atlanta
I told my GG friends at work that I want to transition
Started laser hair removal
Went to resturants, movies and flew for the first time.
Lost 29 pounds in weight
Started the transition process with visits to the doctor, phychotherapist, endotherapist and started antiandrogens

Low point:
Flying from Atlanta back to Australia, knowing I wouldn't be seeing TxKim, Joann07, MJ, Tammi, Dita, Deja and Tracy again for a long time.

SherylynJade
12-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Well, for me it wasn't the greatest but it was far from the worst year.
I didn't lose the weight I wanted to, but I didn't gain any either.
I have started coming out to some people who are close to me.
I started going out in public, definetly a highlight for me.
My fiancee and I became even closer.
Decided, with my fiancee's blessing, if my job doesn't start getting any better anytime soon, I can begin looking for a new job early next year, and if I so choose, may work dressed.
Got to meet and have dinner (on several occasions) with a real celebrity from Star Wars
Overall, I would say it was an allright year. I hope next year can match, or even pass it.
Salenna:D

Jess_cd32
12-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Mine was good overall, it was the first year out of 4 that we didn't loose another pet thank God.
Got most things done I had planned to do this year, guess the rest can wait till spring. Had a good time most of the summer and got out enough to enjoy it.

Don't really make any New Years resolutions as I'm a day to day type person anymore.

Bad side was constant non stop vehicle repairs all summer and a reinjury early spring that had me down for most of that month.

deja true
12-01-2008, 08:01 AM
And another high point for you, Suzy hun, was that you got full support from your employers for your transition. That's a huge matter of envy from many of us here...:)

For me:

The Good:

-Joined up here and met the greatest group of people I've ever known... (especially a GG goddess who dragged deja into the real world...:))
-Got to meet a bunch of them at BeAll and at SCC...
-Those trips were my very first times out...ev-ar!
-Admitted to myself that I was a pretty good person after all...
-...and realized that dressing was a blessing, not a curse...
- Came out to several friends at home and found that my oldest friend was one of us, too!
- The anticipation of many more wonderful adventures in genderland...
-Being able to get pics of deja, not just what's-his-name looking stupid in a dress...

The Bad:

- Like Suzy says...having to leave that wonderful company to return to drab land...
- Realizing that I'm stuck in a completely unaccepting society...and will never get to go out as long as I'm here...
- The waiting of months between deja's ability to get out and about...

The Ugly:

-Well...there was no ugly! So this actually goes in the Good list! :D

Hope it was mostly good for the rest of you, too.

:<3:

PortiaHoney
12-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, first up I would like to congratulate Suzy and all those others who have had a wonderful year progressing towards "self-actualisation" (read that somewhere and it sounded good), well, progress towards becoming their real selfs. Well done and it's great to hear the success stories and the overcoming of obstacles. This gives inspiration, hope and courage to those of us who are "stuck" to at least explore the options available and the opportunity to try. Not all will follow, but those who don't will not be swayed by fear alone.:hugs:

On a lighter note, whew.

The Good: discovering that I will not be tarred and feathered for shaving my body, growing and colouring my hair, plucking my eyebrows and having nice nails - all while in a very public work environment. I also discovered that buying feminine items while in guy mode (I still don't do enfemme in public), while attracting the odd snigger or remark, will result in obtaining said items of desire. The joy of having these items in my possession will last far longer than the echoes of any snigger or remark. In addition, meeting fellow CD'ers in person will not result in some form of moral meltdown. I am not the only "normal" person who likes wearing clothing of the "other" sex. Discovering the freedom of having close friends and family knowing about my "condition". There are good wigs.

The Bad: Removal of said hair from body has revealed a little more sun damaged skin than I am happy with. The realisation that I should have started this journey years ago (was that a cheer of agreement that I just heard?) instead of agonising over the inertia of fear and doubt. The questions close friends and family don't ask but should. Started to lose weight but got it all back. Having to realise that a tummy and dress does not go well together unless you really are pregnant. There are bad wigs and it really is hard to tell from a catalogue.

The So-So: Ummmmm. All the usual humdrum day to day stuff that never seems to change.

So anyway, here's to Christmas, New Year and another 365 days of progress and fun.:drink:

:love:Portia

suezeq
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
well it started good grandson number 3 on his way but then born 13 weeks early heart and lungs not formed right the wee man lasted 4 weeksthat was in june 5weeks later avery good friend died heart attack missed our holls in usa money spent on grandson for good send off, then 3 points on licence (speeding)hoping for better year in 2009

MJ
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
The Good:

I got to met the greatest and most wonderful group of people I've ever known...
Got to meet some of our amazing members at SCC...
re uniting with my wonderful children
and realized that being trans was a blessing, not a curse...
my first friendly trans real lippy kiss ... any kiss in 4 years from one of our beautiful members "thank you"
Wining my case..
traveling en femme to Atlanta.
becoming a member of the flying girls club
shopping eating clubbing with good friends
first time in a mall over in the USA
Macy's :D

The Bad:

having to leave that wonderful company of my soul sisters from scc
not being able to go out with the girls in Atlanta at night where the fun begins
weight gain due to meds

Low point:
Flying from Atlanta back to Canada

Toni_Lynn
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
My year was superb! Yeah it had its ups and downs, but it was great overall.

Professionally, it was great .. even though I work in bank, we had a great year in spite of the global economic woes. Looks like I will be busy for the next 24 months!

The most important though has been -- Romance. What can I say ... my first year married to my wonderful wife, who accepts me totally. Our first anniversary is this week. Having gone through being hurt, both as a CDer and in my first marriage, all I can say is that I never in my wildest dreams thought that it could be as good as all this. The thrill of having your wife buy you panties and bras is beyond comparison. Being able to walk around the house in skirt whenever I want to -- heavenly. Getting spend the whole day as a girl - dreamy. Having my wife do my toe nails -- exquisite. The fact that she fullfills my fantasies by wearing men's undies for me when we have fun -- swoon! Sitting together in bed while watching a chick flick while wearing matching PJs - superb. Falling asleep next to the woman I love - the ultimate romance.

Finally .. having my CD-aphobic mum tell me to get a haircut cause I look like a girl - hilarious! And yes, my wife defends me.

Life is great!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

jessielee
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
i am so happy for all of you! and to know you some.

like my life, this year has surprised me by being more than expected
and yet in different ways

good:
got outside
decided i like my face after all
felt wonderful and close and dear
made it to the top of the apparent world, but
bad:
not in dress
had to choose between company here and my other world
to see what a coward i really am

i forgive myself
and will be true
thank you for your graciousness,
jessie

StaceyJane
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Well let's see....
I'm spending more and more time as Stacey :)
I've gone out and bought some new clothes for her :)
I've found a therapist I like :)

But
I'm still a guy on the outside :(
I haven't come out to my family :(

Overall though I'm making progress.

Karren H
12-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Every year is a good year when you have you health.. A loving family, and a great job.. And this one is no exception!! Yeah maybe I can't crossdress as much as I would like... But the wife allows me to play ice hockey all I want!! Yea... Life is good!! :)

Sarah...
12-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Good year for me.

Accepted who I am.
Told my whole family.
Improved all my relationships.
"Met" a load of people in here.
Expanded my business.
Saw a future for me as Sarah...
Became much more confident in all aspects of my life.

I wouldn't change anything about this year.

New year resolutions? I don't do 'em. Instead, I think of things I want to change throughout the year and then I do it.

Sarah...

Alice B
12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
To me every year is a good year because it means I was around for it. Did have great year traveling to Patagonia, Indonesia, Africa, several islands in the Carrib and local photo trips to the SW. Got to dress a great deal more, including in front of my wife and was able to get out once with another member of this forum. I was able to expand my wardrobe and get better at my make up. Yes, a very good year with lots of new friends from here.:love:to you all.

Alice B

Nicki B
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
The year started with me horizontal and now I can run upstairs (just don't tell the Doc) and look reasonable in a skirt, so, yeah, it was pretty good for me.. :)

Emma26
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
For my gender issues, this was my best year ever.

7 people now know and (at least for the most part.) accept it, as opposed to the none that knew (aside from my mom) or accepted it before May.

And surprisingly the first person I came out to is now my girlfriend. She started going out with me after knowing I was transgendered. =)

TGMarla
12-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Hmmm.....

Well, I expanded my wardrobe a great deal, got real breast forms for the first time, and I went out and mingled among real people, and ate at a restaurant en femme for the first time.

So I feel like I had a pretty good year, trans-wise.

There were a lot of other good things I accomplished this year guy-wise, too.

So yeah, I had a pretty good year.

tamarav
12-01-2008, 08:33 PM
It was my best year ever, hands down!

unclejoann
12-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I made no resolutions last year about dressing. But moved forward in ways I never imagined with a greatly expanded wardrobe, going out in public and actually talking to people, talking about this with my wife (as much as she could stand), and making a commitment to myself to continue to grow into the girl I want to be.

Sally24
12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
I came out to my son and it seemed like no big deal to him, just a little "odd".

I presented my first workshop at First Event for beginer cd's.

Did a little runway modeling for the first time in my life, and loved it!

Made more friends on this site and in real life, and combined the two a few times.

Went on camera to testify in favor of a bill to protect the transgendered in Massachusetts.

Actually started to get a real feel for doing my makeup. Prior to this it was just hit or miss from outing to outing.

Decided to keep the "fur" off year round now. Don't care who notices as long as I feel pretty.

Continued with the electrolysis. I'm to the point of being able to wear very light makeup during the daylight and still look good.

It's not all sweetness and light..............

My wife has had more issues with Sally as I go out a little more often and am looking more and more passable. Part jealousy, part fear of losing me.

I've found myself neglecting other parts of my male life so that I can type things here at the forum, try on new clothes, and go out with my T-girl friends. I feel a little guilty on this one.

Even though I usually do pretty well with handling things, sometimes I feel that the better things go for Sally the more I wish for more and more...........

All in all a pretty good year!

trannie T
12-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I did a lot of things that I have wanted to do this year.

Highpoints:
I took a few decent photographs.
I went out enfemme several times and had a good experience each time out.
I managed to lose about 60 pounds, at this rate I should hit my target weight sometime in mid 2017.
I went to several events that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Most important I made several new friends.

Low Points.
My favorite cousin died, she was far too young.
2008 was not nearly as good as 2009 is going to be.

Good/Bad

I had a few minor health issues, but they are now under treatment and there should be no more reoccurrences.
My San Francisco Giants were horrible, however they are building a new team with some outstanding young players.

I am looking forward to a happy 2009, the years keep getting better and better.

docrobbysherry
12-01-2008, 11:46 PM
THE GOOD

CD hilites: Found this site to be my FEM home away from home!:)
Met some wonderful friends, and acquaintances here!:hugs:

Came closer to the female appearance I see in my imagination,
than I ever thot possible!:daydreaming:

Feel like my CDing urges may be coming predictable!:brolleyes:

Personal successes: Travels to Turkey and Galapagos with my daughter!
Dating GGs after many years away from them!:heehee:

Other: I am SO HAPPY because I hope the USA has decided to move in a
different direction politically.:thumbsup:

THE BAD

???????????????????????????? I guess none important enough to list!!:D

Nadia-Maria
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
After 55 years of deep closet (nobody ever knew), I become a member of this forum in 2007 causing me to come out to my SO the same year, by far my best ever one for CDing.
2008 was even much better, as I have been gradually leaving the closet.

The Good
---------
. First encounter with another CDer
. First buy and ever use of make-up
. First nordic skiing enfemme in the southern Alps
. First hiking enfemme at more than 3000 meter altitude (brunette wig, satin gloves, red wedges, white flowing skirt)
. First 800 km car drive enfemme including first shopping in a very small town's market
. Success with the baby step politics (whereas SO would only hardly tolerate at first)
... My wife/SO gave me 2 heavy bags of wonderful clothes of hers, and all rights to access her wardrobe and jewelry
... SO's daughter gave me a bunch of her beautiful skirts and a wonderful evening gown as well (I'm currently wearing as a night gown).
... My wife bought me for first time femme clothes, whereas first shopping femme cloth for me together :hugs:
. My top pic gained more than 4000 views on Flickr, and other 16 more than 1000.:love:

The Bad
--------
Sorry, can't see whatever !
Or, maybe a persistent pink fog, not expected to dissipate .... :battingeyelashes:

joanne_mi
12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Without going into too many details, '08 was my worst year ever. I managed to screw up everything I touched the last year (my career, my relationship, etc.). As far as the whole gender bending thing goes, this was the first year that I did exactly none of it in over a decade, I even stopped communicating on the internet (though I seem to be back now).

The upside is that there's no way that '09 could be worse, so I'll try to maintain a positive attitude. :)

Louise C
12-02-2008, 03:26 PM
mostly crap! Until i met all you girls!:love:

sometimes_miss
12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
mostly crap! Until i met all you girls!:love:

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Sheila
12-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Jan/Feb ..... bad start to the year ......apart fom hitting the big 5O mid Jan, that was cool:D:D:D

July .............. soooooo not good ..... .. best to forget July

Late Nov/very early Dec ...... things are looking up :heehee::D:heehee::D

overall ............ mainted contact witht the wondeful peeps here, strengthened a lot of good ties, made some more good friends:D

2009 ............. has got to be better :straightface:

tricia_uktv
12-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Definately the best year I have had. I am out, I am free, I am Tricia, I am at last myself. That was my intention at the start and I'm proud of myself for doing it.

Deborah Jane
12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Full of ups and downs at the start of the year, but it started getting better as the year rolled on....
At the moment things are starting to look promising :D:heehee::D

Waiting to see what [who?] 2009 brings my way :battingeyelashes: :daydreaming:

Tess
12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Pretty good all in all. Our third grandchild born and healthy. We survived hurricane Ike with relatively little damage. Managed three cruises with another coming up over Christmas plus a land vacation. And we still have our health. I'd be greedy to want any more than that.

GG Pearls
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Can't wait to say goodbye to 2008. I learned a lot but it was very hard.

avril findlay
12-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty much the same girl I've always been, a bit older is all.
I've started back at college which is going OK. I did jury service, which was interesting. And I've met some lovely sisters on this site which is fantastic!

Ronni Seymour
12-03-2008, 12:44 AM
The year has been relatively good for me. No major life events, just daily thanking God for my blessings.
Became more open with my wife about my CDing and have enjoyed acceptance with her. I've gone out more than I ever have, and gained confidence. And, like others, I have found a lot of great support and friendships by joining this forum.
I hope the best for everyone in the coming year.:hugs:

bianncats
12-05-2008, 12:37 AM
i think this has been the toughest year for me so far...more job stress, daughter struggling in school, my wife losing control of her cognitive abilities and making bad decisions (financially), high medical bills for her, three auto accidents in 2 weeks ( two in a 36 hour period) another speeding ticket for my wife...10 minutes after her accident...the floods in iowa, the economy...

but there has been a good things to be thankful for...oldest daughter graduated college, my wife is still doing fairly well with her m.s. despite the setbacks, my other daughter is still a great kid and for the most part makes good decisions (except to study) my parents are still in good health...great friends, i'm fairly healthy... and there are still women to admire and emulate...and I can still shop and dress..

b

Overall not a bad year!:)

and my wife has started to ask to see what underwear I have on...NOT A GOOD THING! I underdress daily!:o

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I think this has been one of my best years ever.

I got married early in the year. Then, after being out of high school for 18 years, I decided to start college. I found out last week that I got accepted to the school that I really wanted to transfer to.