PDA

View Full Version : A fantastic 2 weeks of Feast Festival

Janie Gunn
12-01-2008, 11:07 AM
The Feast Festival, 2 weeks of gay, lesbian, transgender etc, festival has just wrapped up in Adelaide and I've had an amazing time. I attended 10 events in total, most throughout the second week, all except two of those I was dressed en femme. Even if not attending shows, I was out every night of this past week, (dressed en femme), drinking/catching up with new friends that I have made throughout this festival, and quite pleased that I met a muso tranny who I had only recently stumbled upon info about, on the net. Jade Starr, (who has a band in Sydney, Jade Starr and Dread Circus) was playing guitar for a Texan comedian, Glace Chase. One of the highlights was at Mega Drag where there were drag queen performers, one who is a friend, in a wheelchair, Lochie, (an employee at the venue, quite popular), did his drag performance laying on the stage and moving about and lip synching to the song (they all l. sync'd), and people were standing up to see, standing on chairs, and cheering louder than for any other drag queen, which brought a tear to my eye.

I didnt wear the same outfit twice, something a couple of people complimented me on, and one friend, (not transgender) wondered how I could walk in high heels so much! There was a tattoo show at the Picnic in the Park, yesterday, and that was my proud moment, strutting around, dressed like a hooker, showing off my tattoos to the crowd!

77033 Me and Jade

77035 Glace and Me

:cheers::hugs:
Janie

Di
12-03-2008, 03:33 PM
How awesome and love your long do...:thumbsup:

tricia_uktv
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
YAY YAY - I've done ten days dressed last month. The hardest thing is coming down from it. Do it gently, and it sounds like you had a great time. Brill!

Janie Gunn
12-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, I agree Tricia, it is hard coming down from it. I went out last night as my usual self and talked to a few friends, but wasnt out for very long. Tonight when I went out I didnt feel very good about being out, and avoided a few friends who were at the pub because I didnt feel that I could face them/be bothered talking to them and the likely question of 'what have you been up to lately', and was out for an even less time, so it has been difficult dealing with the 'real world' after going out for that long stretch as Janie.