PDA

View Full Version : I see you washed your pantyhose

Hinata
12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I had the house to myself for a few days. OH the JOY!! I did my guy laundry and then I did my delicates, and I hung them up to dry. I had forgotten about them when my mom and older sister came home. The first thing they said when they came up from the basement was " I see you washed your pantyhose, are you coming out of the closet?" I went red,and gave a lame excuse about how I just had them and washed them so I could give them away. The subject has yet to come up again. This all happend last night.

One more thing, about a month ago my mom thought she would check on my clothes in the drier. Her reason was that " the drier smelled hot". Well I had normal guy shirts and all my panties in there. She never said a word about it.
I know she saw them in there, kinda hard to miss.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what they said, why would pantyhose mean I gay? I know that they were both shocked, but I'm not ready to tell the real truth.

Has this ever happend to anyone else? What was your response?

Ibuki_Warpetal
12-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Lol. Just be honest. "coming out of the closet" doesn't have to mean admitting homosexuality, it's just a general term for admitting something you've been hiding from people.

Margot
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I would guess they already know but are waiting for you to discuss it with them. They haven't freaked out yet it seems.
Good luck
Margot

MJ
12-01-2008, 04:37 PM
why don't you just tell them. there assuming everything anyhow. they know something why not tell the truth. who know they could help you .

leesametz
12-01-2008, 04:47 PM
the day i had my motorcycle accident this summer i managed to get everything picked and packed up before i went the hospital EXCEPT about 8 packages of pantyhose and garter stockings i had placed in my sock drawer...

when my wife came home from 'her' vacation with her parents (i left for 'my' vacation the day before she got home) she was doing some laundry sorting and putting away. when i called her she asked why i had "all those pantyhose in the sock drawer?"

i told her 1/2 of the truth. that i wear them as a sort of a compression stocking for my knees when they ache. she already knew i wore them when i did any running or walking because they keep my thighs from chafing but she still asked...

nothings been said again..

Sophie G
12-01-2008, 04:54 PM
i told her 1/2 of the truth. that i wear them as a sort of a compression stocking for my knees when they ache. she already knew i wore them when i did any running or walking because they keep my thighs from chafing but she still asked...

Lol, slick cover up.

To OP, might as well just admit to your crossdressing. I know my family would absolutely die if I was gay, but I think they'd be able to stomach it if I told them about my CDing.
Or you could always lie and say it's your girlfriends.

trisha59
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
The first thing they said when they came up from the basement was " I see you washed your pantyhose, are you coming out of the closet?"

When I read this I just assumed they were talking about your CDing. Maybe thats all they meant too.

StaceyJane
12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Let's see your Mom's seen your pantyhose and your panties. What else is there to hide? Might as well bring it out.

Sammy777
12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
I would be willing to bet that both of them have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

And yes, the coming out the closet line is not just for gay people anymore, lol.

I think the fact that your mom joked about like that is a good sign that things will go well by just telling them the truth.

Or at least at this point, confirming what they already must have figured out by now.

I would be willing to bet that both of them had a quick talk in the basement after seeing your "laundry" & before coming up & greeting you with that comment.

You have pretty much outed yourself anyway, might as well go for it & give them the whole 9 yards, this way you can clear up any misconceptions they still might have.

Teri Jean
12-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Yes, my wife found the panty hose in the closet drying but did not say anything and then later the panties was the next thing. Do your home work or face the music, whatever, but you might want to tell them of your dressing because they already know some of it and then you can explain where you are in life. You don't have to be gay to wear femme clothing. Keli

deja true
12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I agree!

And by putting it to you in what seems a kinda humorous way, it looks like you might actually have some allies rather than enemies.

How many times have we heard it here before?... "Your mom's your mom and will always love you!"

Cari
12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Probably best to fess up and tell them, they may be thinking much worse.
I know in my case I just got tired of lying, also found it best to ask for discretion. Who knows she may be worried about you and talking to friends or counsellors.

Cari

paulaN
12-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I think you should talk to them. I also think that after you do you are going to feel a hole lot better about everything life has to offer. I don't know why but I just have a gut feeling about this. Maybe it's the way you wrote the thread. good luck.

Brandiwvr
12-02-2008, 12:46 AM
sounds like they might be willing to help or atleast accept. what a life you could have ? you now they now. and they are trying to be compasonite. so get some facts on paper about cding and either tell them or atleast write your mom a letter and ask she write you back as you dont now if your ready to talk face to face. good luck. I wish i could have included my mom in my all of my life. could have been real close. am starting to cry...

avril findlay
12-02-2008, 01:18 AM
C'mon! they obviously have an inkling. They sound great. Tell them about yourself.

Louise C
12-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Ha Ha, Wish i could have seen that, they must have been giggling like schoolgirls down there:clap:

Go on, do as Avril says,- they sound like a cool pair, "the truth shall set you free" -well in your case anyway!

Christina Horton
12-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I did my guy laundry and then I did my delicates, and I hung them up to dry. I had forgotten about them when my mom and older sister came home. The first thing they said when they came up from the basement was " I see you washed your pantyhose, are you coming out of the closet?" I went red,and gave a lame excuse about how I just had them and washed them so I could give them away. The subject has yet to come up again. happend last night.

Are you sure you did not leave them for them to find . I think you may have . In the back of our heads we want all of our friends and famliy to know. I could not tell My mom and dad , so I left my night gown on my bed (I was 21) then on the 3rd day she found it . She came over to me and asked "Who's night gown is this" I said oh! that's mine. She wnt white her smile left her face and she said " will talk later" That's how I opened the door to talk. You allready have the door open a little so walk through it will be fine. Just make sure you are truthfull with them. You will find out more about yourself then you know now. HUGGS and good luck. :canada:

BeckiB
12-02-2008, 07:50 AM
I would just fess up...I think your mom probably has figured it out anyway. Besides it isn't like they found bowling shoes in your closet..you are just a CDer!

Jess_cd32
12-02-2008, 07:58 AM
..........I'm trying to wrap my head around what they said, why would pantyhose mean I gay? I know that they were both shocked, but I'm not ready to tell the real truth....................

If your not gay and you have the feeling that is what they are thinking then straighten that out at least. Then the conversation may take you to the cd-ing and you can explain it further w/ them possibly?

I know you said your not ready yet, I can understand that.

I'm just hoping never to hear, who's blonde hairs are these in the brush?????:heehee:

erickka
12-02-2008, 08:01 AM
I guess if they really have yet to freak out, then maybe they may be open minded enough for you to talk about it when you know the time is right.

Julogden
12-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Sounds like it's time to have a family talk!

Carol

Kelsy
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM
It seems they knew who they belonged to!:D You could always hang out your party dress, mini skirt, bra and wig and see how it goes!!!:eek:Seriously
they didn't freak - good sign!

:hugs:Kelsy

goofus
12-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey at least they didn't seem to hostile...seems to me like they gave you an opening to come out...could be that they already suspect something also ....

Wendy me
12-02-2008, 07:27 PM
your mom knows for sure...............

LoriFlores
12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree with the others. I suspect that they both already knew or at least had a good idea about your CDing. I'd approach it something like, "I'm not quite ready for everyone to know but I guess I'm now ready for you to know or confirm what you already suspected".
Who knows maybe you now have two shopping buddies or at least a pair who might buy you some nice things. What a time to discuss Christmas lists. :) Does your sister have some hand-me-downs that she would be willing to share with you?

Ediosa
12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm new to the forum but I have agree with the rest of the gals. Your mom and sis knows what's going on. They are just waiting for you to say it. If they said that, then they are more than accepting. I would love for my sister to go shopping with me and help me out. She knows but doesn't want to her about it. I think my mom also know cause she washes my clothes which includes panties, nightgowns, and women jeans. I tried to tell her but she said she didn't want to talk about it. OH well. I'm not bothered.

catriona36
12-03-2008, 06:30 AM
maybe silly but why dont you ASK THEM what they think/ believe? then if its way off mark, ie if they think your gay then tell them your not gay and y ou just like to dress as they do :)

and on the other topic i have read about being outed by "the evil ex so" unless there are pics of people in dress why would anyone believe the ex so??
just mean if i had told my ex and then seperated, if she told people they ould have just called her spitefull anyway :) but i guess thats just me :)
have fun be nice :)

Hinata
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Yes, I'm sure my mom knows, but she's to scared to say anything. She grew up like that. The male dominated society, (she's 70). And yes, I did want to tell her, but I honestly forgot about the hose on the line. It was the one time I had actullay on purpose washd the delicates and wanted to not ruin them. If you can imagine.......2 pairs of regular pantyhose, 2 tights, 1 fishnet.

I'm going to tell her, I will.

This, for me, is a big deal. Cutting my heart out kinda thing, if I can avoid it I will. I have lived with my mom since I was born, she and my late father raised me as a boy. I now pay half of the bills and all of the grocery bills. I have tried to be the man she wants me to be, but I had a few run ins with the law, and she bailed me out. I feel this need to repay her for all the shi% I put her through, and to now tell her that I'm a cd'er, I feel it would break her heart.

I've grown as a person, and have matured well. I'm responsible and law abiding. But this secret that I've kept from the world until a month ago, when I told my best friend, and longer than that for all of you is....I'm a cross dresser. (and I love girls, and want to be one)

So I think the half truth should be spoken to my family, I'm just a cd'er and it makes me happy. This will be the hardest thing that I have ever done.. to truthfully tell my mother what's really going on.

Truth be told, now it's all I think about. How to tell her, when to tell her, why did this happen and how. Like I said, I will tell her, I just don't like cutting my heart out. It needs to happen soon, It's affecting my work.

I thank you for all the support and encouragement, truely all of you that wrote in response to this thread. To name names would take to long, but you know who you are , and I THANK ALL OF YOU.

I'll be in touch, and let you know how it goes.

Hinata

Jillt
12-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Agreed, they know, probably have questions, might as well have the discussion, and who knows mabe your sister and mom would like to have another shopping buddy!

CharlotteW
12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
No need for you to come out, you're already out in my opinion. No need to deny it anymore.

cindym5_04
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
It definitely sounds like they already know. If you have a femme sweater or something as such that you don't want to put in the dryer, leave that hanging out along with a bra and see what's said.

My mom thought I was on drugs and raided my closet. She found all of my girl stuff and went ballistic. She made it sound as if cding is worse that killing someone. It sounds like fortunately your mom isn't going to react that way.

victoriamwilliams1
12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Its now time to come clean, no pun intended!

Annaliese
12-08-2008, 03:44 PM
It is time to talk to both of them either together or one on one but it is time.

Annaliese

Angel.Marie76
12-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I would, IMHO, take advantage of the situation if your family was seemingly as tolerant / understanding as they appear to be. If your mother's seen the clothing, then it's sure-fire that she's wondering what might be going on. There's only so much you can cover up easily, esp if it's en masse. If you have several things of your own at this point, it will be likely that times like this will happen again. If I were to take a guess at this point, maybe your family just might benefit from the reassurance of /knowing/ what's going on, as opposed to postulating and/or worse, assuming things that aren't true. As a parent, I know I'd feel better if my child told me what was on his mind rather than finding out about it later, or in pieces. Somtimes parents can be worrywarts.

Best of luck though hun, you have all the courage I can send you! :hugs:

DinaMature
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I would, IMHO, take advantage of the situation if your family was seemingly as tolerant / understanding as they appear to be. If your mother's seen the clothing, then it's sure-fire that she's wondering what might be going on. There's only so much you can cover up easily, esp if it's en masse. If you have several things of your own at this point, it will be likely that times like this will happen again. If I were to take a guess at this point, maybe your family just might benefit from the reassurance of /knowing/ what's going on, as opposed to postulating and/or worse, assuming things that aren't true. As a parent, I know I'd feel better if my child told me what was on his mind rather than finding out about it later, or in pieces. Somtimes parents can be worrywarts.

Best of luck though hun, you have all the courage I can send you! :hugs:

whatever your urge, your family will likely be accepting. They seem to be giving you an ample oppurtunity to come clean. You;ll feel better and they will too. The not knowing is certainly gnawing at your Mumz.

Lori A
12-08-2008, 10:11 PM
As someone else has suggested, fess up! You sound like you have a wonderful mother and sister who may have a whole collection of hand-me-downs and need the closet space. Leaving them in the dark may leave them to think you are Gay, (not that that would be a bad thing, not trying to be judgmental toward anyone here) but if that is not the case and you don't clarify exactly where you stand that could tear them up with worry. And they have 2 life times of experience they may be willing to share with you and go shopping with you.

CD Susan
12-09-2008, 03:53 PM
" I see you washed your pantyhose, are you coming out of the closet?"

Hinata, from this statement I expect that they know more about you than you think they do. Just tell them the truth about your dressing. If you are not gay let them know that as well. You will feel much better about yourself when you no longer have to live a life of deception and lies.