PDA

View Full Version : eye brows

Ruby M
06-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Get confused on how to shape and style brows just went to beauty shop (in Prahran Melbourne) this darling GG did a wax job on them what I call "subtle fem" style only $10 beats plucking plus they are very nice whilst not blatantly fem that people would notce ( I do wear glasses that helps to make my now lovely brows less obvious)

Clare
06-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Now this is a topic i've been waiting for!

I have large bushy eyebrows which I trim dowm the thickness with beauty scissors. I also do a little plucking, but more for general apeparance than shaping.

And shaping is the issue here. Obviously everybody needs different shape eyebrows to suit their face, wig, etc.

But how do you decide if the high arch, or curve, or straight shape is the correct one? Its a bit hard to change your mind after plucking away if you don't like the result!

I hadn't thought of waxing them. Does anybody else have waxing on their eyebrows? Doe the salon pro give advice on the shape or just do as you request hoping its the right choice.

i'd have to do some plucking in advance to reduce the thickness and bushiness before the final waxing process.

Christine

Katie Ashe
06-06-2005, 09:49 AM
In my crappy home town here, it is common for the gg to shave the brow and draw them back on. Silly as it looks everyone has there own taste in fashion. When in doubt seek the pro's I guess. $10 really is a good price :thumbsup:

Katie with her 2 Cents worth

GypsyKaren
06-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Eyebrows are an art I've yet to master,so I usually let my wife do them for me.I am going to go in to a salon this summer and have them done.I wear glasses too,so you usually can't see much of them anyway.
GypsyKaren

Teddie
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Same here. My wife loves doing my eyebrows. And, they are getting more and more feminine as time goes by.

Billie
06-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I just get mine done when I get a hair cut. I often have to ask for more of an arch, I have also said to the lady shape them like yours. I don't think most people notice them, or if they do they think it's the hair cut that looks different.

gender_blender
06-07-2005, 12:17 AM
I use this guide to do mine:
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/4168370/727787

Why wouldn't you want anyone to notice your eyebrows?

Charlie

DanaJ
06-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Thanks Charlie - I was just getting ready to post that image myself. Getting them done in a salon (at least the first time) is the way to go. If you do it yourself, just do it very gradually, and you should be OK. My brows have been done in a pretty femme style for several years now, and I have had no comments....

DanaJ

Glamour
06-07-2005, 05:32 AM
i love my eyebrows

Katrina
06-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I have naturally bushy eyebrows. I started by plucking some of the hairs outside the main brows and then slowly (over a few months) removed some other hairs. I think I have a pretty good shape going now.

Wendy me
06-07-2005, 05:26 PM
mine are light and thin and with a pencile show up nicly .....

Tristen Cox
06-07-2005, 11:25 PM
i love my eyebrows
I love your eyesbrows too :love: First one that says get a room, gets banned...uh hu that's what I thought :D

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
I have very sinister eyebrows that girls all seem to love. Makes it hard to trim them.

Even so I took an electric shaver to them and trimmed them a bit. Half as long, and a little more shapely.

At least I don't look angry anymore.

First one that says get a room, gets banned...
If you ban someone can I post the pic and say BARNED! really loud?

MarieTS
06-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Dana-- I'd like to also get my brows done. How often do yours have to be re-done?
Thanks

danette50
06-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm lucky,I guess do'nt any eye brows as a man but any way I want them as female. :)

XOXOXO
Danette

Ashley Allison
06-08-2005, 12:10 AM
I've been plucking my eyebrows now for several years and have gotten pretty good at it. Sometimes I pluck them more than others. When my life gets busy, I have a tendancy to slack off and allow them to get bushy. :eek: When I do pluck them, I get very obsessive compulsive,and try to touch them up every 5 minutes. :p

I'm fairly certain that most people notice. I had a female friend in college who kept telling me how much she like my plucked eyebrows. :D

DanaJ
06-08-2005, 05:08 AM
Dana-- I'd like to also get my brows done. How often do yours have to be re-done?
ThanksHI Marie - I get mine done every 4 weeks or so, sometimes 2 weeks. I have found that once you start doing your brows, especially if you do them femme, then they need to be maintained. Otherwise, the hair that grows back is a dead giveaway that you have been waxing/plucking - and besides, it just looks yucky :)

I am getting ready to start an eyebrow thread in the Beauty Club soon ;)

DanaJ