PDA

View Full Version : Humor and CDing

Epi Cene
12-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Seems to me that for those of us that are "just crossdressers" humor can be a good way to make the point it's "just clothes" and something others, and ourselves, shouldn't get too uptight about.

If we treat CDing as something fun and lighthearted, and yes sometimes humorous, others may pick up on that attitude and not make CDing too big a serious, possibly negative, deal.

Most every day I wear 2-3.5 inch heel women's clogs or cowgirl or biker type boots when out and about, and dressed mostly unisex. Sometimes folks will notice and comment. I answer those comments with humor, since I'm already tall, with one-liners like "it's better up here in the clouds" or "I wanted to be sure I was a full foot taller than you", to my shorter friends, or "I have a Napolean complex", or "I borrowed my wife's clean turtleneck shirt, mine were all dirty", etc, etc

Another example, for the last few years, I've dressed for Halloween in fem outfits all the way from the heels to the wigs or masks. Often laugh about it, at events, or on the way, with the comment, "I'm here to win both the best men's and women's costume award, at the same time!"

I'd guess others here also have examples of how they've used humor to make CDing more fun and acceptable to others. Some may even have humorous comments already prepared to answer situations.

Speaking of funny, us CDers can probably relate to the cartoon below.:D

StacyCD
12-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Nice cartoon!

Eileen
12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Humor is a good response! Certainly better than a defensive one! Great cartoon!

Eileen

docrobbysherry
12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Like Karen! She's ALWAYS so serious about everything!:eek:

I think I often resemble the cartoon on the left!:doh:

Hey, as I ALWAYS say; If you're NOT having fun CDing, you're NOT doing it rite!:D

Sammy777
12-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Then where is the joy in life ???? Enjoy :D

Remember, Don't take life to seriously, no one gets out alive.

Epi Cene
12-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Then where is the joy in life ???? Enjoy :D

Now that is funny! Great work!! And, I look just like the one on the far right!!! (In my dreams)

Deborah Jane
12-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Crossdressing funny?
This is a serious business we,ve gotten ourselves into here!!
First we go out and spend every spare penny we,ve got on feminine clothing and accessories.
We spend ages shopping trying to find that "special" item to finish our look.
Then we spend spend hours trying to perfect our look so we look as much like a woman as possible.
We spend ages in front of the mirror looking for faults in our appearance and being pleased with our success when it turns out right.
We join internet forums talking to others just like us and posting photos of ourselves and commenting on the successes of other c/ders photos.
We learn to walk in heels, we pad our bodies to change our shape, we try to change our voices so we can sound like women and then we attempt to test ourselves in the real world.

I suppose it is quite a funny thing for guys to do really :tongueout

Niya W
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Humor is what kept me here. The ability to laugh and smile when things look their worst.

almalove
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I read that when we LOL the brain creates endorphins a tipe on drog similar to morphin thats why it feels like a temporaly high that its good for the body and after LOL you feel relaxed and in better mood, so humor it good for us .

i

Joanne f
12-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't dream of trying to be humorous as it can get you into a lot of trouble , can`t it ****** ?? :tongueout

joanne

Kari
12-02-2008, 02:39 PM
You know what they say:

'If you have no sense of humour the chances are that you have no sense at all'... :tongueout

Sheila
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
You know what they say:

'If you have no sense of humour the chances are that you have no sense at all'... :tongueout

another blonde who speaks sense occasionaly :D............ nice to see you hun long time sice we spoke (used to be Jess ... okay now ur shaking :devil::devil:)

Kari
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
another blonde who speaks sense occasionaly :D............ nice to see you hun long time sice we spoke (used to be Jess ... okay now ur shaking :devil::devil:)
Hehehe, shhhhhhhh, you'll give blondes a bad name....

And yeah, i remember..... :hugs:

Deborah Jane
12-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Hehehe, shhhhhhhh, you'll give blondes a bad name....

Its a bit late for some of us :tongueout

tricia_uktv
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Whoever, whatever we are, I think its good not to take ourselves too seriously. As you can tell from my blog - I don't! But I still love being Tricia!

Christina Horton
12-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Crossdressing funny?
This is a serious business we,ve gotten ourselves into here!!
First we go out and spend every spare penny we,ve got on feminine clothing and accessories.
We spend ages shopping trying to find that "special" item to finish our look.
Then we spend spend hours trying to perfect our look so we look as much like a woman as possible.
We spend ages in front of the mirror looking for faults in our appearance and being pleased with our success when it turns out right.
We join internet forums talking to others just like us and posting photos of ourselves and commenting on the successes of other c/ders photos.
We learn to walk in heels, we pad our bodies to change our shape, we try to change our voices so we can sound like women and then we attempt to test ourselves in the real world.

I suppose it is quite a funny thing for guys to do really :tongueout

You seem to be Quit the sour puss LOL . If you can't see the funny in Life then you can get stressed out. We are not making light of what we do , but we r finding the funny in things in what we love so much, and there for feel better about it all. MY :2c: :hugs: :Canada:

Christina Horton
12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I like the story about the man who went to see a sex-reassignment doctor and explained: "No, doctor, you don't understand. I don't want to be a woman, I want to be a Capricorn."

I don't get it?????????????????????????

Deborah Jane
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
You seem to be Quit the sour puss LOL . If you can't see the funny in Life then you can get stressed out.

It was tongue in cheek British humour sis :heehee:

MichelleOBrien
12-03-2008, 05:47 PM

Not many Americans can understand or appreciate European humour. I'm too much of an Eddie Izzard fan....

CD Susan
12-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Up until six months ago I seen no humor in cd'ing at all. I took it all very seriously and very rarely did I ever LOL! Now since my life changed by leaving the closet I see humor in a lot of things. For instance, yesterday I did some shopping at Walmart and bought 30 cans of dog food and a pair of earrings for pierced ears. The woman at the checkout commented on the earrings and said " are these for the dog too"? I said "no, The dog gets the food, these are for me". We both laughed over this and then she said she was sorry for saying that and I told her "it is ok, I enjoyed the laugh" and then we both laughed again! I'm sure she remembered me through the rest of her shift.

Christina Horton
12-03-2008, 11:26 PM

LOL ok hun.

charlene_d
12-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I agree that having a sense of humor is very important. Laughing at ourselves is a sign of sanity.

Charlene D.

Kimmie
12-03-2008, 11:54 PM
a guy snarkily asked me
"Why are you dressed like that."

My response
"Because I didn't have any other clean clothes to wear."

tanyalynn51
12-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I know that as a ts, it is a very serios subject, but lets face it, we do have to have a sense of humor. Life itself is the craziest thing I know of. I sometimes wonder if Rod Serling is going to come in and explain that Im in the Twiglight Zone. It would sure explain a lot:heehee:

Kimmie
12-03-2008, 11:56 PM
True story.

Setting Augusts 21 roughly 2:00am. Oxwood Bar. Los Angeles. CA

My girlfriends and are tired and are moving towards our rides to go back to our hotel rooms. Of course. Little Miss Adventerous Bre Rue is lagging. I yell to her in my monotone guy voice "Lets go Bre. Stop Lagging!"
She starts running and is about to over take me walking. At this point the Alpha side of me kicks in thinking. "no fu--ing way am I going to let a girl beat me at a race to the car." So I sprint. Drag Race is on!!!!!

Bre is a real athlete and in normal curcimstances would probably beat me. However she was wearing heals and a tight dress. I on the other hand was wearing flats and a A-line skirt. Less leg restrictions. Hence. "THE ADVANTAGE WAS MINE!! HA!!!!!"

She crosses the intersection of the road where the rest of the girls were crossing. I realized I'd have to shuck and jive and possibly tackle somebody if I took her route. I triangulated a B-line for the car directly. With no car traffic it was safe and I hauled ass.

Then as I got close to the car with victory in sight, time slowed down as one of my forms leaps out of my bra and tumbles onto the concrete. Seeing my form face up on the road, I join the rest of my posse in hysterical laughter. Racing en femme is not exactly feminine and having my boob pop out surely reminded me that I was a guy in a dress.

After I learned that Bre had a hip pad fall off after dancing. I didn't feel like such as boob. She had recommended a Crossdresser Olympics. hmmmmm.

Veronica27
12-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I crossdress for pleasure and therefore enjoy it. I also enjoy living my life. Humour is very pleasing and healthy, and can be found everywhere if we look for it. Why stop the humour when it comes to crossdressing?

MichelleOBrien
12-07-2008, 01:53 AM
I agree that having a sense of humor is very important. Laughing at ourselves is a sign of sanity.

Charlene D.

and talking to ourselves is a sign of insanity...

harmony
12-07-2008, 02:19 AM
one of my routine answers when(beeing 6foot 3 in stockings)someone asks me -how is the air up there?
-stinks of dwarfs-

Ballerina
12-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Here, here!

Loved the story, Kimmie. Kinda makes me wonder what is worse to have happen... a form popping out, or the real thing popping out? lol :D

Joanne f
12-07-2008, 04:57 AM
and talking to ourselves is a sign of insanity... That's the third sign,

The second sign is hairs on the palm of your hands.

joanne

Teri Jean
12-07-2008, 08:56 AM
There are times where one can be serious but just think of this for a moment. I'm 6ft-4in and in a mini skirt and 3 inch heels I have to almost duck when going through some doors. Passing or not, how many gg women out there do you know at that height? Okay there are a lot but one has to LOL once in a while. Besides it's fun. HUGGS Keli

TxKimberly
12-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I couldn't imagine NOT having a sense of humor about it. The funnest people I have ever hung out with were TG. Let's face it, you either get a sense of humor and deal with it, or you die young of a heart attack from the stress . I'd much rather laugh and smile . . .

. . . "T'ree chairs for the cross-dressers at the back of the church! Hip, hip!..."

ROFL

one of my routine answers when(beeing 6foot 3 in stockings)someone asks me -how is the air up there?
-stinks of dwarfs-

OMG - that was SO funny and I can't believe I hadn't heard it before!

. . . She had recommended a Crossdresser Olympics. hmmmmm.

Kimmie, judging by your story, you and Bre are EXACTLY the kind of people I love to hang out with. Laugh, be silly, and have fun!