PDA

View Full Version : a higher practicality?

jessielee
12-02-2008, 01:08 PM
during this economic downturn or crisis as its been called, i reflect that so many tasks go on getting done regardless of the economy; putting food on the table, washing clothes, sewing buttons, reading stories to children, etc.; historically considered "women's work." this continues regardless of stock futures and $ per barrel, shrinking 401 Ks and high confidence in this or that market leading to speculation.
"they" also say that men are better with nuts-and-bolts practicality, of "getting the job done."
well, there are different jobs and they're not necessarily gender specific, thank God. but dreaming, hoping, planning and keeping one's optimistic chin up may be the most important, no matter the economical or political climate.

i know a gg who is so bread-and-butter practical that i sometimes remind her to play even as she reminds me to plan and show restraint.
some say CDers take more care in dressing and in our appearances than some ggs because it is so new and wondrous, relatively, to many of us.
do we reveal to ourselves or others a more true expression of our souls than our physical endowment seems to label?
let it shine! call me an impractical romantic, but our responsibility to our families, selves and society in general go on!
and our unique spark and inspiration may be akin to the gritty determination of pioneer women who struggled against impossible odds because of love and duty.
may we be lights in a world of darkening anxiety.
as you have illuminated my path.
jessie

Alice Torn
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Beautifully, and practically well said!

Kate Simmons
12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Well put my friend. This is the true future of humanity, despite ourselves.:thumbsup::)

Eileen
12-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Words to live by Jessielee!

Eileen

deja true
12-02-2008, 03:28 PM
You're such a poetic soul, hunny!

It must be that thin mountain air...

Or oxygen starvation!

You think nice thoughts, Red, and you communicate them in a lovely way!

:)...:<3:...:)

Sheila
12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I like the way you think hun :hugs: