PDA

View Full Version : dream

Raquel June
12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I just woke up from the most vivid dream. It was sort like the "naked in public" dreams people talk about.

I was totally femme downtown, then right as I was going to meet some people, I went to check my makeup in a mirror, and I had a goatee. It wasn't a feeling of panic. It was just a very hopeless/frustrating feeling. I just couldn't manage to do anything about it. I had driven with other people and had to go meet them at a club a block away later. Eventually I found a nice restroom in a hotel that had a couple complementary Bic single-blade disposable razors -- the really terrible kind. I'm thinking, "I know I'm going to bleed all over the place trying to use this." Then before I picked it up off the table two older women walked in and I realized I was in a luxury suite at the hotel. They were obviously mad about me being in there. I told them I really needed one of the little razors and grabbed it and left. Then I was having trouble finding a place to shave. I made it down to the lobby, which was huge -- more like a shopping mall. I ran into some guys who played football in my high school. They wanted to hang out, like me wearing a skirt holding a razor was no big deal. They seemed to have some kind of brain damage and were difficult to talk to. There was a big sign on the wall advertizing some kind of stamp you use to make an impression of Jesus on a bar of soap. I made my way into the restroom and was looking at a bar of soap with Jesus on it trying to determine how poor of a replacement for shaving cream the novelty soap would be and how badly I would be bleeding after trying to shave with that and the world's cheapest razor. I really had to pee. A friend of mine was in the restroom and said something to me. I looked down and realized I was peeing in a towel dispenser and felt bad about that. The next person to dry their hands would be pretty unhappy. Then I looked in the mirror and had super-short hair. I ran out because I knew they were getting ready for a drag show at a club nearby and I'd be able to find a wig. I walked into the club and things seemed different than usual. There were some old guys at a table getting attention from people, and the place was busier than usual. I kept finding wigs, but they were all pretty tacky. Finally I found an OK one. I was walking back out and walked past the table with all the people and realized it was George Takei. I smiled at him really big and flapped my arms a little and he gave me a hug. I walked next door to meet some people. One of them was an ex-girlfriend. Somehow I ended up way up in the sky laying on a long skinny platform or set of rails or something with my former roommate on a platform next to me. I kept falling off and catching myself and pulling myself back up, but I didn't feel like I was in any real danger.

That's all I remember. It was pretty weird!

deja true
12-02-2008, 03:33 PM
You remember a heck of a lot more than I do!

Whew! what an adventure...

I guess you'll give up eating all that rocky road just before bedtime now, wontcha?

Raquel June
12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, I didn't have to remember it long. I usually fall asleep playing on my laptop in bed.

I actually haven't had ice cream in months. :(

I think the dreams may have come from Thanksgiving leftovers covered in hardcore hot sauce at about 1am:

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/product.htm

Ruth
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I think it's very coherent as dreams go. The continuing thread of having the goatee and wanting to shave sounds like you subconsciously (or consciously) feel that you have a masculine characteristic which shows through when you try to CD (it doesn't have to be a beard). This may or may not be true in fact, but it seems to be how you feel. There is much more there but the symbolism is more obscure.

jessielee
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
dear Racquel,
wow! like dear Deja said! i have a wild dream life too and remember much of it. as per Ruth, your anxieties are manifested even if hitherto unknown.
last night i had a rare, first of a kind nightmare of my son being damaged. it was very disturbing but illustrates a parent's concern.
true, in dress with a goatee is very much like the being naked in front of the classroom scenario!you were trying to correct the situation but you weren't wrought!
thats great about George! obscure symbolism indeed!
as Leonard Nimoy's character was fond of saying, "i prefer to believe there are always possibilities."
we are living on the cutting edge of the possible, babe!
thanks for sharing your subconsciousness with us!
jessie

SherriePall
12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Wow! What a dream that was. It's been ages since I remember what I dreamt. Using my great knowledge of dream interpretation, I believe that subconsciously your femme side is fighting your male side and is trying to rid itself of the last vestiges of your maleness, but is having problems as, for example, your beard manifests itself.
Well, that's my two cents worth and I haven't had rocky road in a couple of weeks. Just finished off fudge ripple. BTW, pepperoni pizza late at night used to kill me.

Karren H
12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
That is really weird...

Raquel June
12-03-2008, 01:20 AM
That is really weird...

Totally!

It's so weird looking back at a dream that you wrote down. None of it makes sense, but it didn't seem odd at the time.

jina
12-03-2008, 01:33 AM
OK,... *this* is what is freaking me out about this post. I have wanted to start a dream thread in the last few days (been very busy). I have been having a lot of very detailed dreams... TG/CD stuff finds it's way in from time to time.

So I click on this thread thinking aww,.. someone beat me to it; and then I'm reading through and I get a shiver down my back. The dream I had night before last that I wanted to write in,.. had George Takei as "Sulu" at the beginning of the dream.

Stuff like this happens to me all of the time. As a person I am in touch with my subconscious more than I think is normal (my music writing seems to come from this realm as well).

I believe we are all connected more than we know. I don't think this kind of thing is coincidence... although I don't know how it happens or why.

Thanks for sharing,... I may write my dream when I get a chance. :)

docrobbysherry
12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Or, first I can recall anyway!

Two guys, (fans), were dancing in sychronization, at a San Diego Chargers party. Kind of a routine, like line dancing, they'd practiced.

I tried to dance along with them, but didn't know their routine, so I gave up!:sad:

Is that gay, or what?!:brolleyes:

tanyalynn51
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Quite a dream, and you remembered a lot more detail than I usually do. I usually just remember general stuff. Ive dreamnt about showing up at work and forgetting I was dressed, same thing with friends or family who would be totally freaked out by seeing it. I have also dreamed about being young again, and being allowed to live as a girl. Those are my favorite ones, I think.

jessielee
12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
...Ive dreamnt about showing up at work and forgetting I was dressed, same thing with friends or family who would be totally freaked out by seeing it. I have also dreamed about being young again, and being allowed to live as a girl. Those are my favorite ones, I think.

those two recur so often in my dreamscape. good to know i'm not alone or losing my mind.

Jina, thank you for saying its not coincidence. none of this is. some say we are making it all happen. or perhaps we are just more attuned.
but i don't believe any of this is coincidence.

"but when i dream, i dream of you. maybe someday it will come true..."
Sandy Mason Theoret, sung by Crystal Gayle.
jessie

Jess_cd32
12-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Totally!

It's so weird looking back at a dream that you wrote down. None of it makes sense, but it didn't seem odd at the time.

If you ask yourself how each incident made you feel, it should start to make sense as those feelings we experience daily generally shape what we dream about.

One dream I always hate having is those high school dreams were you can't find your locker, forgot the combo to it, late for class or just a host of sh*t that happened in school way back when.
Translated: frustration, fear, being overwhelmed at times for me.