PDA

View Full Version : Boxing & CD...Should I come out??

LeotardMan
12-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I think I mentioned this in the past but a few years ago I used to do boxing but hung up the gloves a bout eight months ago. Anyway, I have decided to lace them back up and step into the boxing mat. I would like to come out as a CD but I’m not sure. A few years ago when I first started boxing the gym was co-ed and changed to women’s boxing gym however, if you were a member before the change you could stay. I came out after it changed and it was made a bit it easier because my Mom boxed at that gym and she knew I was a CD and I also came out after it became a women’s gym and most of the women were fine with me being a CD. It was nothing two extreme I would have panties on or a leotard on with shorts. When I would have a fight I just wore a leotard and my boxing trunks. Most of my opponents were women and did not hold my CD agents me or try to hurt me even more.

However, this time the gym is co-ed and my opponent is a male and I’m afraid I’ll take more of a beating from a male for me being a CD. When I first started boxing a few years ago and before I came out it was rumored because I got caught with a leotard on in Karate and my mom took karate at the same studio and it became knowed that her sun was the CD kid. Heck, I remember a few years later when she stopped karate and started boxing and kick boxing the stigma of her kid being a CD fallowed her.

Anyway, should I come out??

Geoff

Karren H
12-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't.... we take enough abuse as it is.... but to come out and then give someone a pair of gloves???

Tasha T
12-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Watch this clip and have a good laugh before you make your decision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_LKO_zYCA

sissystephanie
12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Sounds like you are already OUT! If you want to be "out" in more ways then one, go for it! But I would recommend being safe, rather then sorry!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

vikki2020
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
I don't get why you would want to do that. If you want to box,cool--but you should be more concerned about the actual boxing than how you look.If you are going to climb in the ring with someone, that's where your focus should be.How about this--you show up dressed in a nice casual outfit,change into your boxing gear,kick butt, then leave in a mini skirt and 5" heels!But,your gonna need a really cool nickname!:heehee:

Christina Horton
12-03-2008, 12:09 AM
If you want to come out wear a short skirt in the ring and when you work out. After all your going to get in a fight so why not dress in a cute skirt and make the boxers have to face you and find out that just because your a CDer does not mean your a sissy. That's all up to you hun , SO tell us what happed after. And if you feel you might get beat up more, bring a video cam with you and shoot the fight that might make them be sportsman like. SO do what you think is right. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

Jocelyn Quivers
12-03-2008, 09:45 AM
I guess you need to ask yourself these questions.

What benefit is there to coming out?

What are the negatives to coming out?

Is it absolutely neccessary for everyone to know, or is the status quo fine for now?

Are you prepared to deal with the possibilty that everyone you tell will most likely tell there family and friends (not that it matters, but still something to consider)?

Deborah Jane
12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I used to go and do a bit of boxing quite regularly and occasionally i still go down there and in all honesty i wouldn,t even consider coming out in that environment!!
Maybe your clubs differant, but judging by what the guys are like where i go, you,d just be asking for trouble coming out at a place like that.

trisha59
12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Assuming you are not intending to fight in street clothes, I haven't noticed that much difference between what a girl boxer and a boy boxer would wear. Guys are usually shirtless but are not the trunks the same? And haven't I'v seen male boxers wearing some sort of tights before? I admit I have never been in the ring but it seems to me that the clothing is for the most part gender neutral.

Jess_cd32
12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Look up that Thai kick boxer that is a TS, don't know her name off hand but maybe she will give you some inspiration on what to do.

She's very well known over there for not only kicking her opponents a**es, but after that she kisses them on the cheek, like "you just got your butt kicked by a girl" gesture:heehee:

They all just love her in Thailand, she's like a major star there.

sterling12
12-03-2008, 12:53 PM
The first couple of lines really shocked me! I thought you were going to tell us your name is Oscar. About eight months ago was when all that ruckus got stirred up about his supposed transgender status. I thought we might have a celebrity among us.

Isn't he, (Oscar) fighting somebody this weekend?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Shelly67
12-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Please everyone please take note ; this isnt in any way meant to offend , its just a question - why does anyone want to fight in the first place ?
:doh:

mklinden2010
12-03-2008, 02:58 PM
From the sound of your post, you're pretty much out to anyone who is not fast asleep.... Seems like your body language, choice of gym, working out at the same place as your mother...

Well, most people do the math and figure something is up.

Boxing wise, anyone who steps into the ring - and isn't just stupid - has to respect the fact that anyone can hurt them. If you train hard and present a challenge, 'nuff said. But, if they underestimate you, shame on them, right?

Bear in mind that bras and panties, nice tights, and so forth, do not really have "superpowers." (OK, not ALL the time.) Do the work to box well and you can do what you like. But, do the work!

Work! Work! Work!

People box for a numbers of reasons. Some because the sport training is rewarding in keeping down weight and developing a good body image. Others box, or, fight, to bolster their confidence and/or deal with perceived threats in life. And, yeah, others are just "into it" like crossdressers: they just like the bright lights, the costumes, the special nights out, and, yeah, the smell of sweat and the noise of a busy gym.

But, why do they fight, or, want to fight? Because, one way or another, they feel they have too.

Boyyyy, some of this is staring to sound familiar....

Shawnacdin
12-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I say go for it just be careful and "stick and move". Anyone close to MN that likes to box? I am looking to get into it but need some coaching, if you do hit me up!!!
Shawna

LeotardMan
12-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi Ladies!

Thanks for a lot of the great feedback. While I’m sort of out I feel it is time to come out completely. My trainer she knows I’m a CD and since I mainly train at the women’s end a few of the women suspect I might be a CD. However, I’m going to come out little by little. My fight is next week and instead of being shirtless I’m going to have one of my leotards.

As for the “Why box question” That is a good one! To be honest I used to hate boxing!! As I said my Mom did boxing and kick boxing for a few years and as much as I hate to say it she was not a good fighter, she suffered 18 losses and 17 wins. The first time I saw her fight she lost by knockout and believe me it’s not much fun seeing you mom get beat up and then lie lifeless on the mat!! A few years ago I saw an old video of her fighting and I thought about giving it a try. I asked her why she boxed she said it gave her self confidence even though she lost a lot. Plus she said she loved the feeling of her feet touching the cool mat before a fight and throwing punches. So I guess I enjoy boxing for the same reasons she does.

Geoff

emmicd
12-05-2008, 12:18 AM
I think you are cool being a crossdresser and a boxer. Be safe in the ring and be true to your self. It's fun to wear womens clothes. Always use good judgement and try to outsmart your opponents and practice good sportsmanship.

emmi

LeotardMan
12-05-2008, 02:24 AM
I have to agree with Michelle -- I never did understand this sports business and boxing in particular.

But what I can't see is how this would work in practice. When I dress I wear a wig, makeup, earrings, necklace, false boobs, sometimes a corset, high heels... I just can't see how any of this would possibly be suitable in a boxing ring.

Or is it just the fact of telling people you X-dress?

No, consider me entirely lost here.

Like I said in my previous post I’m many fighting for self confidence and exercise. However, the business end of boxing is well sketchy and that is putting it mildly! When my Mom started boxing women’s boxing was very new and her trainer was horrible he had her fighting opponents she had no chance of beating. One time he had her fighting a man that was an “exhibition” fight. Well, needless to say she suffered a bad beating!

I think for me the reason why I want to come out is because when it comes to fitness I’m very feminine and have done most of my cross dressing when it comes to fitness. When it comes to physical activates I have always fallowed in my Moms footsteps. She did aerobics and exercise videos I did them with her, she took karate, I took karate, she did boxing and kick boxing I’m doing boxing.

I came out a little today when I changed I had on my panties, and I train barefoot and I got some looks at my red toe nails, so I got a few looks.

DinaMature
12-06-2008, 05:04 AM
The sports world is still a tough nut to crack for any abbynormalady.

Stay safe and 'in'. or Don't go back in the ring.