PDA

View Full Version : Are You good at CD "visual imaging"?

docrobbysherry
12-03-2008, 12:44 AM
What I mean is;
Can u visualize how an ensemble will look in your mind? Before you put any of it on?

I'm terrible at that! I have no idea if I'll like anything, until I actually see the results! Even then, I can be quite wrong!:sad:

My CDing efforts r often wasted! Even after I'm dressed, and look in the mirror, I can't be sure if I look hot or not, until I see the pictures! I CAN see some mistakes, and correct those. But usually, I think I look great!:D

Later, after looking at my pics, I'll realize all the mistakes I made!:doh:

And some pics r SO disappointing!:Angry3:
And some r sensational! Seemingly, out of the blue!:eek:
I seem to be surprised almost every time I dress! One way, or the other!

R u good, or bad, at visualizing your "looks", before you've tried anything on? :thumbsup::thumbsdn:
Any funny stories to relate, along these lines?:D

Ronni Seymour
12-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Sherry, I also find it hard to visualize what I might look like in any given outfit. Sometime I see something at the store I really like, but then try it on and it falls flat, on me.:sad:

Jonelle
12-03-2008, 12:54 AM
I think I have a gift.. I know exactly what is gonna look like.. Now who do I talk to to make it in my size

Alice B
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I have some very defined tastes as to what I like and what I think would look good on me. As a result I've been able to make clothing purchases that look good on me. Of course that is always a subjective opinion, but it is very rare for me to make a purchase and than not like the look. The best part is to have a wide selection of looks to fit your mood.

avril findlay
12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty good at knowing if a dress, skirt/blouse etc. is going to suit me, but only after many years of trial and error, and there have been many errors!

Schatten Lupus
12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm fairly good at it. I'm not very good at achieving the effect with make up though.

Karren H
12-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I think I'm pretty good at it but after saying that I will always try things on together in the store just to make sure.. I don't like surprises because they are expensive and time consuming.. Measure twice.. Cut once!!

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Yes, i can see clothing and ensembles before wearing them... most of the time, but I sually draw out on paper what i'm planning on wearing and that seems to work well for me.

*hugs*

Zarabeth

KarenS
12-04-2008, 04:22 AM
Like you Sherry, I "think" I can picture what I will look like in an outfit. Typically, I am very good at envisioning things - BUT not with dressing out. When I am getting dressed, the sensations and images in the mirror tell me one thing. When I see pictures, I get a hole different story. Often, the pictures disappoint me.

deja true
12-04-2008, 06:31 AM
I think I'm pretty good at visualizing outfits. Have always been so with 'whats-his-name's" clothes, too. Maybe it comes from years of leafing through the fashion magazines and being something of a graphic artist, too. When I see something I like on line or in a catalog, I'm already thinking of what I have that goes with it or what I need to finish the look I'm after.

Sherry's pics usually look pretty good, but I'll bet Doc is one of those guys that wears stripes with checks and mismatched socks! :D

Jess_cd32
12-04-2008, 07:17 AM
I think I'm good at visualizing what an outfit will look like on and generally it will photograph OK

Chari
12-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Visualizing a complete outfit takes practice and talent. IMO, some of the top fashion designers still can't get it together! First, you have to feel comfortable and please yourself in any outfit. Look at fashion magazines, in store clothing displays, and other GGs out and about to get color, texture, ideas. Even on a limited budget an outfit can be accessorized to have "kick"!

Sarah...
12-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I can visualise it, that's how I do my shopping. I see something that would go well with something I already have. Usually it works out as I thought it would.

Sarah...

Kari
12-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Useless at it.... :sad:

BlUeDrAgOn
12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I find the breast part the most difficult one to transfer from models to myself. I look things up in some catalogues, but when I put those clothes on, sometimes I feel they don't fit that nicely on me.

Deborah Jane
12-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I,m ok about 50% of the time, but now and again i end up dressed looking like something a fashion designer came up with to shock his/her audience :doh:

Joanne f
12-04-2008, 04:34 PM
No i am not very good at that , i use to just buy things i liked then it would take me a few attempts to match things up , but then i think having odd styles can be a bit of fun .
I often wonder if it has anything to do with being artistic to be able to visualise what you want to achieve before hand, and i am just not artistic.
The main thing is that you enjoy it whatever it looks like then you can always try again later if it did not turn out quite liked you hoped it would .

joanne