PDA

View Full Version : To SO's...What's your style

Misty_cder
12-03-2008, 03:54 AM
To all you SO's who are involved with your dressers life style, what is your style of dress? This question came up when my wife and I were talking about getting her a few new business suits. I made an off hand remark that maybe I could get her old clothing, provided it fit (It won't, she is a size 6, I typically wear size 16, its a running joke between us). Her reply was her style of dressing is not what Misty likes, thus the converstaion about styles developed. A result of this is I may get some new clothing soon. When I first started dressing, I wore short skirts, tight tops and heels that were too tall. My wife has helped me get clothing that is more age appropriate, and frankly, I think makes me look much better. But we still have a few difference, such as, I like dresses and skirts, she likes slacks. So again, we are wondering how similiar, or different, your style is from your dressers?

And a Happy Holidays to everyone. :)

mylitta
12-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Well, my daughters describe my style as mum/hippie crossover- make of that what you will. I would say my partner's style is a bit more on the conventional side.

Sheila
12-03-2008, 04:42 AM
I wear what is today apparent typical GG wear, jeans/capri's & Slacks mainly, I have a few skirt for everyday wear but they are long, couple dressy skirts (just bought another), and again they are long.I loath ahving to wear hosiery or make up ...... feel as if my skin is being suffocated :doh:

His style was (prob still is) above knee skirts, long sleeved blouses (to cover his Tats), Stockings,and of course the obligatory 300 pairs of panties, blonde and if it was pink it was to die for :puke: .. but each to their own :heehee::heehee:

Bridged
12-03-2008, 09:08 AM
In general, my style is pretty casual. I wear jeans and a shirt most days since I am home doing housework or out running errands. I definitely try to be "put together," but in a casual way. I work in a restaurant, so business attire is out.

I don't get to go out much, but when I do, I like to get a bit more dressed up. Probably not a skirt or dress, but nicer pants and top, accessories etc.....

I know it sounds vain, but I never leave the house without makeup and my hair done. It's not about anything other than what makes me feel comfortable.

My hubby goes the whole nine yards when dressed.

Bridged

Sandra
12-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Mine is jeans and trousers, but when we go out for the evening I will wear a skirt or dress, and if I can get away with it no tights/pantyhose :puke: but will wear stockings.

Nigella on the other hand is mostly skirt and dress, she does wear jeans or trousers round the house, but not for a night out.

Ze xx
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm a hippy/gothy/rock-chick type and I'm a little off the wall at times. (think Laura Ashley dress with New Rock boots or eveningwear with trainers for the school run :D)

My SO is more demure secretary, but when he dresses fully he doesn't want to stand out too much, he wants to blend in with the crowd. He's more flamboyant in boy mode and I think that if cding was more socially acceptable he would be more flamboyant when dressed.