PDA

View Full Version : Is it my female side, or me?

karinels
12-03-2008, 04:03 AM
I cannot stand not knowing. I need reasons for almost everything that affects me. I am talking about relationships, my job, my extra cirricular activities, and so on.
I get extremely upset and even very angry when I can tell someone is upset or even mad at me and I don't know why. It only gets worse when I care enough about that individual to ask them what I did or just why were they mad, only to get silence, no response, no reason. This does happen more frequently than I like, and I try to not let it bother me, but I can not seem to let go until I get a reason.
Once I hear why, I seem to be able to understand and let go. But I go through a proverbial heck until that happens.

I have been suffering through the worst example of this behavior for the last 4 years, since my last SO showed remorse towards me, but I could not get a reason for it, and then I got utterly enraged, and in turn drove her away for good. And I still to this day do not know what I did that pushed her away.

Am I alone in this type of experience? And if not, is it the girl in me that hangs on?

I see all my friends with the care-less attitudes staying married and with their SO's forever, and most of them are even straying from time to time, which is something I cannot do.

Just wondering if anyone knows of similar situations.

Mollyanne
12-03-2008, 05:28 AM
After reading your post about how you feel and react there seems to be something else going on here!!!! I would seek out a professional (a good one) and see where this goes. Other people's advice w/regard to how someone views and interprets situations could and I underline the word could become very damaging. Whatever you decide please keep us posted, OK????

:love: Mollyanne

tamarav
12-03-2008, 07:17 AM
This does not sound like a totally CD type of behavior, it is more of a human response. Anger management classes and stress management may be of help, and talking with a professional could alleviate most of your anxiety, if not at least identify the source and work on that.