PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how many men underdress??

paulaluvssz8
12-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm sure that this has been ask before. But lately I have had the chance to underdress often. And so it has been on my mind to think. "How many guys that you are around and that you see out are underdressed?" I just thought that I'd ask since I'm sure that I am not the only one who has thought this...:heehee:

Tomara
12-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I am sure there are plenty of us that under dress , some that admit it and some that don`t !
:) Tomara

pink femme
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I love to.....holdups and panties, knee highs or tights

It's great to feel so feminine, it's wonderful :battingeyelashes:

Sandra Dunn
12-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I only have girl undies, no tightie whities here. My jeans are girl jeans, most of my tops are girls and so are my shoes. I can't rmember the last time I was in total butch mode. For the longest I've worn something femenine, even if it's just the undies under my uniform; oops I broke the don't ask don't tell rule (giggling).

HUGS Sandra

Jenny Wilson
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Knowing that supposedly 10% of men crossdress, I often look around and wonder, "So who else here is a CDer?"

Jenny

jakie
12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
at least you and me:devil:
bk jakie

CD Susan
12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
"How many guys that you are around and that you see out are underdressed?

Paula, I am unable to answer this question as no one I know or have been around has ever confided this to me. I will say that I have underdressed every day for the past 40 years. This feels 'normal' to me and I do not own any men's underwear.

Carroll
12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I "Overdress" during the colder weather. I wear women's size 8 shoes to work, and a really nice dark gray sweater that was my wife's

PamelaTX
12-03-2008, 07:49 PM
When I think about the men that I work with, I can honestly say that I am quite comfortable not knowing anything about their underwear! :)

Alice B
12-03-2008, 07:54 PM
There is really no way to know, plus the description of under dressed varies from one to another. I wear nothing but panties and wear nylons if the weather permits. I do not wear slips, cami's, etc. I have worn woman's jeans from time to time, but that is also dependent upon where I will be and with whom. Would love to wear more obvious items, but very often run into friends while shopping, etc.

Teri Jean
12-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I underdress daily with panties, a sports bra and forms and now that it is colder I wear pantyhose. Knowing that though the question is out there "how many more". Keli

ColleenCD
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Well that's an interesting question which came up Tuesday at a class at work. One of the guys suggested the girls wear ties to work, to which one of the girls replied: "Well I'll wear a tie when you wear nylons and heels. In fact I wonder how many of the men is this room are wearing women's underwear right now?"

The funny thing was how quiet the room got whe she said that.:heehee:

Colleen

tanyalynn51
12-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I have heard guys talk about how much more comfortable pantyhose or tights can be than long underwear. A few long-haul truckers I know also say that they are good for their legs. I do wonder about some of those people.

Raquel June
12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Knowing that supposedly 10% of men crossdress ...

How, pray tell, do you know that? Because someone posted it somewhere on the intertubes?

I guess that's fine if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but it's totally unsubstantiated.

Sophie_C
12-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Personally, I don't get the point in this.

I'm all or nothing.

Either dress fully, or don't dress at all.

To me, anything less just comes off as confused, but to each their own.

rustynail
12-04-2008, 05:10 AM
My wife gets up 20 minutes before me. This allows me to reach for my panties, stockings and sspenders, half slip, bra and 2 full slips. I wear this all under my man clothes till just before she comes home from work. Added bonus of helping to keep me warm in cold weather.

JamieToo
12-04-2008, 06:25 AM
I've underdressed, although not on a regular basis. My longest period was when my wife was out of town. I wore panties and pantyhose under my "daily" clothes when I went to work. It was fun and exciting, but also a little stressful.

Fiona Lindum
12-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I am between jobs now but while I was still working I used to underdress everyday.

cindym5_04
12-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Well that's an interesting question which came up Tuesday at a class at work. One of the guys suggested the girls wear ties to work, to which one of the girls replied: "Well I'll wear a tie when you wear nylons and heels. In fact I wonder how many of the men is this room are wearing women's underwear right now?"

Colleen

How many guys in the room did you see blushing when she said that? Sounds like from the deafening silence, there were a bunch sitting there going "Dammit!! She knows!"

That would be entertaining for them to implement something like that at my job for like a week or so. Have all of the ladies pick a guy and dress them for the week. How fun (and embarrassing for some people) would that be!?!

valenstein
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
How, pray tell, do you know that? Because someone posted it somewhere on the intertubes?

I guess that's fine if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but it's totally unsubstantiated.

It is vague sometimes, but they don't often define "crossdressing" well. If it's someone who has done it at least once for whatever reason, I'd say it's much higher than 10%, but here are some interesting physical statisitcs about intersexed people in North America:

Not XX and not XY one in 1,666 births
Klinefelter (XXY) one in 1,000 births
Androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 13,000 births
Partial androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 130,000 births
Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia one in 13,000 births
Late onset adrenal hyperplasia one in 66 individuals
Vaginal agenesis one in 6,000 births
Ovotestes one in 83,000 births
Idiopathic (no discernable medical cause) one in 110,000 births
Iatrogenic (caused by medical treatment, for instance progestin administered to pregnant mother) no estimate
5 alpha reductase deficiency no estimate
Mixed gonadal dysgenesis no estimate
Complete gonadal dysgenesis one in 150,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening in perineum or along penile shaft) one in 2,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening between corona and tip of glans penis) one in 770 births

Total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or female one in 100 births
Total number of people receiving surgery to “normalize” genital appearance one or two in 1,000 births

This only represents physical anomalies. Studies have shown that many of these people exhibit mental differentiations at an early age,from choosing toys not typical of their gender, to feelings of gender confusion and behaving outside the gender norm. The biggest statistic to me was that 1 in 100 people are not born physically as the "standard" male or female.

There is the taboo and sexual aspect of presenting as another gender, but I believe this: If society were to raise children with no suppositions as to what is male or female in the societal sense (toys, clothes, behavior), the term "crossdresser" would apply to half the population (but then lose all meaning).

If you look around the internet's social networking groups, gender variant groups are among the biggest. Yes, there's a lot of overlap and sexual seekers, but even the sexual angles prove that interest is there, albeit for primal urges.

I'd go even further and say MOST people have at one time, gone outside a societal gender rule. In some cases, it was accepted into society over time, and sometimes not.

I don't think most people are comfortable being themselves because of what someone else will think. The Emo craze made it okay for guys to wear eyeliner and girl's jeans among that subculture, same with glam rock, it was okay for that purpose and it did permeate into society beyond that. Metrosexual is much more widely accepted than it was, geez, I'm amazed at how many body wash for men products are in the hygiene aisle.

I've read all the nasty comments there are on the internet against crossdressing, and still not one person has come up with a logical, substantiated reason why I shouldn't, so I'll keep doing it as long as it makes me happy about myself.

Raquel June
12-04-2008, 01:55 PM
It is vague sometimes, but they don't often define "crossdressing" well. If it's someone who has done it at least once for whatever reason, I'd say it's much higher than 10%, but here are some interesting physical statisitcs about intersexed people in North America:

Yeah, and that's the problem. People like to speculate about the statistics all the time without even defining what they're talking about.

Here we're talking about underdressing crossdressers. I don't see how intersex statistics are relevant. Intersex people are more likely to be transgendered (as they don't fit a particular gender as well as the average person), but does this mean they're more likely to wear panties under their khakis?

Many crossdressers (probably most) do not identify as transgendered. And many pre-transition transgendered people do not crossdress/underdress. I'm transgendered, but I very rarely wear panties. I get all pretty to go out with friends on the weekend, but the underwear doesn't really do anything for me. Most of the time I'm sitting around in pretty boring clothes.

But back to the 10% number... Sure, you can define crossdressing in such a way that 50% of men are crossdressers, but that's silly. Regardless of how we define it, I can easily guarantee that less than 5% of men would self-identify as crossdressers, even in a totally anonymous survey, so what's the point in saying they are?

Certainly by the nature of crossdressing the numbers are hidden, but do we really need to grossly over-inflate them to feel better about ourselves?

StaceyJane
12-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I started underdressing a lot after I started coming to this site. I really like it. I'm nowhere near ready to come out as stacey but underdressing lets Stacey go out with me everyday.

Louise C
12-04-2008, 03:29 PM
I sit for long periods at work, and have worn support tights or holdups for the past three years, almost every day. It helps my circulation for sure.:D
My drawer is full of tights and i have a pantie drawer with one pair of boxers for times when i have to go to the doc's, etc. I can't remember the last time i wore them!

StacyCD
12-04-2008, 05:55 PM
December 6 will be my one year anniversary of wearing panties 24-7. So, yes I underdress. I'm not really too concerned about others because I do what makes me happy and hopefully, others do as well!

Tomara
12-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Colleen

When I read this I could only imagine that more than one male in the room was under dressed !
LOL , it is interesting when a situation like this happens how we tend to look around and think OK who else here is a cross dresser.
Tomara

jessielee
12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
"How many guys that you are around and that you see out are underdressed?"
when i read that, i thought, "men? she must be talking about non-crossdressers! i don't see any "men" around here!"
okay, just fooling. i have an XY pairing in my cells, damn it, but don't think of much self as a "man" but i quibble.
i live in a very macho former cow town turned new westy tourist and ski town but still not far from the town of my alma mater where a guy not perceived as the same as the rest has been and may be strung up and left to die. its a cross between very trendy and very rough.
and yet.
in a stall in the rest room of the closest thing we have to a truck stop, yes in the men's room, i found a Joe Boxer tag, L XL! "whoa," i said!
i mean this is a town where you're "queer" if you like Star Trek let alone Thunderbirds of which i suspect my kids and i are the only fans locally! Let's not even talk about The Prisoner in NW Wyoming!
but i must not be alone!
and the cashiers don't even raise an eyebrow when i buy "unmentionables" at K-Mart!
how many men indeed!
wondering,
jessie

cindyscute
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I've ud panties for over 20 years it becomes a natural daily thing that you don't twice about after all that time.

Barbara Dugan
12-04-2008, 08:37 PM
I never wear any female clothing under my regular clothes, never had the curiosity or urge to do it. I personally like to emerge as Barbara from my regular self.

sissystephanie
12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I do own some male underwear, but the only time I wear it is when I going to be around both my children. The reason is that I am following the rule my dear late wife laid down years ago, "no dressing around the kids since they don't know!" Even though she has been gone for 3 years I still honor her wishes in that regard. My daughter does know about me being a CD, but has never seen me dressed.

Other then those few occasions I wear panties every day. I own way more feminine undies then I do male ones, and prefer to wear the feminine ones!!:)

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Lorna
12-05-2008, 07:42 AM
I suspect the number of under-dressers far exceeds the number of full "outer" dressers.

paulaluvssz8
12-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm a outdoorsman and while on an outing in a remote place in AL. A friend of mine who I would never tell of my interest in CDing. We had a flat on a work trailer and stopped at a place of business that would have the tools to work on the problem. Well the man who worked on the flat for us was wearing panties. They were revealing themselves out of his clothes. Well I wasn't going to say anything. Because I knew that this type of thing would get you killed around here. Hoping that my friend didn't notice, and then I saw the look on his face as he lost it. I tried to help to hurry along and get gone, but it was too late. Though I don't think the guy knew that he was laughing at him. I was trying to make jokes about having the flat to cover his reaction to this man's secret. Any way, as I am underdressed and out I wonder about how many of us are there? And I guess that is why I probably will never be out in public dressed, cause I would never pass. And secondly the way people like my friend who would never let me or any of us pass....:doh:

Jenny Doolittle
12-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Intresting question........All I can say is that as nice as women's panties and camis feel...why would anyone not want to wear something that was that nice? I have been wearing panties for 20 years 24/7 and have no other undies in my drawers.

Jenny Do

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
When I lived at home and knew that my mom would not approve (see my story in one of the other forum postings about that) if she found out, just to push the boundaries and give myself a bit of a thrill (rebel, I tell you!), sometimes I would underdress if she and I were going out to the grocery store or doing errands or stuff like that. It was easier to do in the winter. I would throw on some thigh-his and some panties and a bra and sometimes a cami underneath my jeans, socks, and sweatshirt.

I think there are a lot more guys around underdressing than (a) will admit and (b) than what we really think are.

KarenS
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I love to underdress and I'm certain there are others in my workplace that do as well. However, I work in a situation where security is very high. Everyone is subject to going through security screening the same as at a large airport. Additionally, background investigations are repeated every two or three years depending on the position you hold. Additionally, wearing of special protective clothing is frequently necessary. Street clothing is prohibited in some situations entirely. The realy bad thing is, change rooms are only gender segregated. So, the risk of being outed is high. I don't expect there are many CDs in my work place that underdress too often - and like me, not that they don't want too.

KarenS

KarenS
12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Yesterday, I nervously underdressed in panties, bra and forms and went out shopping for a new wig. I found a store (one of only four in my city) that I felt comfortable with. Going inside, I found only one woman in the store. We talked about styles, colors, lengths and such for a few minutes. Then I asked if she could help me try one on. She said men don't try them on. I told her I would be purchasing for me - for me to wear. Even still, she changed her demeanor toward me. I don't blame her for it. I'm certain many, many simply could never understand.

When I finished my purchase and exited the store, I thought my knees were going to buckle right there on the sidewalk.

sfwarbonnet
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I underdress most of the time. As for others, it’s impossible to tell, because if they’re like me, they strive for indefectibility while always trying to go further. Wearing panties, pantyhose, and a short slip with women’s pull-on pants and a unisex top have become “natural”, and I’ve worn them out with friends and family. If my wife is at work, I wear a bra too (like now). A short bra slip (or a slip with a bodice and narrow straps) is OK too if the cup size is small enough as it is always covered when I’m in public. I always try to push my wife toward going “out” with me as a woman, but until then I underdress. Late in the evening when it is no longer likely that anyone will “drop in”, I take off the pull-on pants & top and don a dress (a.k.a. a long tee) so my pantyhose and slip are uncovered. I posted my “findings” in the Suitable Clothing thread, but guys wearing “girl things” was not well received outside this forum.

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Yesterday, I nervously underdressed in panties, bra and forms and went out shopping for a new wig. I found a store (one of only four in my city) that I felt comfortable with. Going inside, I found only one woman in the store. We talked about styles, colors, lengths and such for a few minutes. Then I asked if she could help me try one on. She said men don't try them on. I told her I would be purchasing for me - for me to wear. Even still, she changed her demeanor toward me. I don't blame her for it. I'm certain many, many simply could never understand.

When I finished my purchase and exited the store, I thought my knees were going to buckle right there on the sidewalk.

Actually by all rights, you have every right to try one on as well as any woman does. Personally, I wouldn't have purchased one there. Just my opinion.

Rachel B
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
My own feeling is that I dont really care who else underdresses.....You need to feel comfortable in whatever it is you wear, and if wearing a thong or silk/satin panties are more comfortable than boxers then wear them.

My preference is french knickers and thongs, purely because I find them more comfortable than any mans underwear. I also prefer the materials that womens underwear is made from, it feels better and is more comfortable.

Rach

SexxxyDJ
12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I shaved my legs for the first time this morning and am wearing my favorite panties and thigh-high black stockings under my normal casual Friday attire. I work in an office of all males - I feel a little dicey.

SexxxyDJ

sfwarbonnet
12-05-2008, 12:49 PM
My preference is french knickers and thongs, purely because I find them more comfortable than any mans underwear. I also prefer the materials that womens underwear is made from, it feels better and is more comfortable.

Rach

Yes, material is critical. To the chagrin of my wife who would prefer that I not wear "girl things", I have found that short slips are better undershirts than men's undershirts as nylon makes it easier to pull on pants and tuck in a shirttail than does cotton.

DinaMature
12-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Sure, I have many many times over the years. I did have a suit n tie job for a spell. I wore a camisole and panties many days at that job.
Back then I thought I was just pervy.

Now, it's who I am.