PDA

View Full Version : Asked Neighbor to Mend Skirt

Magickman
12-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I had a denim skirt that needed minor mending.

So, just to see what would happen, I took it to an old retired gent, who once worked as a tailor. I do favors for him, occasionally.

Now the funny part. He lives across the street from me.

"OK, Jake," he said, "I will fix your skirt tomorrow."

This is not a leaving the closet story, since everyone on my street has seen me dressed. First time, though, that I have asked any of the neighbors for repair services on women's clothing.

Has anyone else here had occasion to ask friends or neighbors to repair a women's garment? If you did, what happened?

Karen C
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
This past year I had asked a guy I worked with . His wife to shorten a skit to a mini . It was black and pleated and below the knee leanth. I had goten it from the sallies and she did a nice job . I had worn it to work in full drag for Halloween . Alot of people still ask me about it and still complement me on how well I walked in 4 in heals and how good I looked It was awsome. They say I was to good and ask if I ever did it befor :D . Several have asked me about drag shows I just laugh it off .

Brandiwvr
12-04-2008, 01:18 AM
karen, what would happen if you start tellin them all you cd? just a thought.

vivianann
12-04-2008, 02:40 AM
I asked a neighbor lady to mend my skirts and dresses, and she was really glad that I asked, so now I take everything to her for repair. It is good that you was able to get your neighbor to help you

Dragster
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I do all my own repairs/alterations, have even converted a couple of old trousers into pencil skirts! I know it's not as exciting as asking someone you know to sew up your femme clothes, but while I'm in the closet with a wife who is anti CD, I haven't much choice! I do get it all done exactly how I want it though!

Tony

stormrider
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I have a few sweaters that I need mended, but I wouldn't look to anyone in my community to do it. I really would love to be able to do it myself, but I don't have a sewing machine capable of such stitches. You are lucky to have such a neighbor.

Michelle

Angie G
12-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Haven't had to my wife fixes all my things.:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
12-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I'd pay him something for his time if I were you....

Karen C
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Brandi
I have a sewing machine and have made drapes and slip covers for my home . My grandmother was a seamstress and made curtins for peoples homes . I wish I could be half the woman she was . I dont know if I could ever tell people im a cd . Ive told my mom and she had a fit and the walls went up stronger and higher than befor . Sometimes I feel like I am screaming queen inside and just want to blow . I could not tell my dad he would die .My parents live in Fl and are devorced and are both remaried and live about an hour from each other . I live in Pa and see them once a year . Sometimes I feel like a camealyean and depending on where im working they see diferent sides of me. When I come home karen comes out I live alone and dont have many aquantinces . I have lots of maskes in my closet .

sorry babuling :blah: