PDA

View Full Version : Go to a club, first time alone and dressed?

Alice Torn
12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I am thinking of going to some club alone, to experience it, and to dance dressed, but by myself alone. It is a bit scary to me, to say the least! Do any of you have any tales of going to a club alone, the first time? At my six foot six height, I stick out like a giraffe! I like older music, 40's, 50's, 60's, so it may be hard to endure the current music noise IMHO!!

Genifer Teal
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I go to clubs all the time - especially straight clubs. I must point out I live in NYC where "almost anything goes". Besides that, it is all up to you. If you look like the scared cow, you will be treated as such. You are tall but I am taller. Height only gets you noticed - the rest is up to you. Yes you are tall. If you can OWN IT, it will work to your advantage. If you can't, go run and hide. Seriously, that is how it works. Be tall, be proud, and you can "work it". If not, forget it. This is hard for your first time out. Expect to be disappointed. If you are determined and willling to give it another try, I know you can make it work. Best of luck toyou.

Gen

JaytoJillian
12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Gen is right about height. When I walked into Triangles back in the summer, she was the first girl I really took note of. I said to myself, "damn, she has it together!"

Karren H
12-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I like the current music.... go for it.. and take some ear plugs... lol

Alice Torn
12-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Earplugs! I should have thought of that Karren! I use them all the time, at singles dances! Another senior moment! Good news Karren- I won't be wearing jeans. I have gone out several times, before, alone, and walked around towns, into some stores, even bought things. Just blocking out, what others are thinking, really helps, using humor, like I did, at two stores. Of course, that was hallowein! Ear plugs, great idea, and maybe they will even block out my own male voice!!!

avril findlay
12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
It's only natural that you're going to be a bit apprehensive, I certainly was the first time I went to a club on my own fully dressed. All I got was a warm friendly welcome from lots of girls just like me, and you will too, and you'll only get compliments about your height!

bianncats
12-05-2008, 12:40 AM
i went out in rochester, mn by myself dressed...not a bad reception...actually a little underwhelming.

Angie G
12-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Be tall be proud be woman hun. and above all smile and enjoy.:hugs:
Angie

tamarav
12-05-2008, 06:41 AM
The first time out alone in a strange environment can be a bit daunting, to say the least. Since you live in Tacoma, a somewhat short drive to Seattle to Neighbors would really start you off right. It is a totally accepting place where the only real problem you would have would be too many dance partners.

You might also ask around and find a girlfriend that might want to go with you. There are lots of places you could go that would accept you with open arms and get you started on the right track.

Emerald Queen is also a great place once you have gotten over the initial outing phase. Even today's music can be tolerated with enough desire to get out and dance.

Go for it and have a great time and you will find that you are worrying way too much.

Your sis,

Tami

MsJanessa
12-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Don't worry about your height--the sexiest T-Girls I know are all over 6 feet and much taller in heels---My suggestion would be to contact some of the local gay clubs and find out if they have a "Drag Night"--many do on a regular basis--then go there and have fun.

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Be careful going out by yourself though. I don't know about your area, but here there are some seriously seedy areas where the "accepting" bars are/were located, which obviously can cause problems. The bars have had decent security, but that can only go so far, when you have to park several blocks away.

As far as height, don't worry too much about it- I know tons of really tall GGs that are 6'+. Just be confident.

Alice Torn
12-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey. Thanks for all the advice. again, and Karren, again about earplugs, and i won't wear jeans.....unless i gotta problem, and need to change into drab quickly! Ha! I'll take the advice, and consider. I can imagine being hit on.

lauraabdl
12-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Please take my advice, I listened to the girls here and finally got all dressed up and went out to a club in Denver, CO. Had the time of my life can't wait to do it agian girlfriend. go for it girl you won't soon forget it.
Laura:o:heehee:

lauraabdl
12-05-2008, 12:58 PM
PS: as you can see from my avatar I dont pass but I still had a great time and the other girls I met there were great and very helpful. There are more of us out there than you think!
Laura