PDA

View Full Version : Cross Dressing Parents?

Jemanda
12-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Reading the posts about "getting caught when young" got me thinking about how many parents let the whole CD episodes slide, or actively encouraged their children (sons mostly by the looks if it). Could it be they were very open minded themselves? or could an accepting father have experimented in his own way when he was young? How would you react if you caught your son in his sisters knickers and bra?

Carol A
12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
First I would do what my mother done. look,ask, listen and then talk about it. She saw no harm in it at the time and just called it play dress up.:o

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 09:30 AM
There are many times that I think my mom was trying to raise me as a girl. She really didn't like the fact that I was getting involved in sports at an early age and tried to dissuade me from it. I'm still way into it and fairly athletic overall. My sister and I did, however, share a room growing up. The room was always decorated in my sister's tastes- from the pastel cafe' curtains to the floral comforters. I ended up growing up to be a pretty emotional person too, which generally people consider to be a feminine trait.

In 6th grade, because most of my friends were going to dress as girls, I wanted to dress up too. This is when I first discovered the crossdressing thing. My mom made a very half-assed effort on dressing me because "that's not what boys do". I'm also the type that whenever I do something, it's got to be done really well. So after that, in hiding of course, I would start dressing in my sister's clothes and working on trying to really look like a girl. I got caught a few times when I was young too.

As I got a little older (in my late-twenties), I was still unfortunately living at home and had my stuff in my closet hidden. Most of my friends knew about me dressing, though. My mom was swearing that I was on drugs essentially because I didn't have the same interests as her (my sister grew up to be a clone of her). So she went through my closet looking for the supposed drugs (I've never taken any in my life) and found all of my female stuff. I'm talking several wigs, full wardrobe, lots of heels, makeup cases- the whole 9 yards. She sat me down to have a "talk". What this "talk" was for was to tell me that I was "sick, perverted and (you) need serious help". My reply was "while I may be sick and perverted, it has nothing to do with crossdressing". She wasn't overly entertained by my response. This was pretty much the catalyst for me moving out, though I really couldn't afford to due to the crappy job that I couldn't seem to get out of.

She also made sure to let me know that I would never find any girl to settle down with because I'm not a man...oh, and all of my friends who know about it need serious help too for being accepting. Well, that all was about 6 or 7 years ago. I've since found a loving woman, whom I married back in May. She's accepting and I think part of my dressing was to fill some hole in my life, because I've found that since we've gotten married, my desire to dress (which was very strong at one time) has seriously dissipated.

tamarav
12-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I did catch my 8 year old daughter dressing up her 5 year old brother. I looked at my son and told my daughter that she had done a good job and that he looked very much like a little girl. When I asked my son if he liked it he said that he did and wanted to do it more. Things went along like that for maybe a year, he getting dressed in his older sister's clothes, then he moved on to X-men and other things.

Now years later, as a Marine I don't believe he is thinking too hard about his former dressing years, but if he is.........he knows where he can come for support.

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I did catch my 8 year old daughter dressing up her 5 year old brother. I looked at my son and told my daughter that she had done a good job and that he looked very much like a little girl. When I asked my son if he liked it he said that he did and wanted to do it more. Things went along like that for maybe a year, he getting dressed in his older sister's clothes, then he moved on to X-men and other things.

Now years later, as a Marine I don't believe he is thinking too hard about his former dressing years, but if he is.........he knows where he can come for support.

I wish my mom had been as understanding as you are.

MarciManseau
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Our mom wasn't supportive at all, but then she never really made me change clothes when she caught me and my sister playing dress up.

As we only had two bedrooms, we also shared a room growing up, and I loved the total feminine environment I got to sleep in every night, almost always in one of my sister's nighties and panties.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 10:25 AM
My sister didn't do the "dressing up the little brother" thing at all. It seems like I've read so many times that little girls do that- of course, I wouldn't know from personal experience. My sister has also always had the stuck up attitude of "better than you" so it kills her when I achieve stuff that she hasn't or won't. Hell, a lot of people have told me that when I dress, I certainly look better than her, which really isn't shocking when you look at her (no, I'm not posting her photo! LOL).

Sammy777
12-05-2008, 11:38 AM
How would you react if you caught your son in his sisters knickers and bra?

I WOULD BE UTTERLY SHOCKED !!!

To find out I have a son & a daughter, lol.

Aside from that, I wouldn't say anything.

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't think I could really say anything to him about it if I did. I mean really, who would I be one to talk. I think my response would be to tell my wife to handle it.

...and I dont have any kids that I know of either.

pink femme
12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I would hate my son to go through everything I've been through.

The mind since a young age has been so scrambled up, so much crying and so much mixed up emotion. Should I be 'She', in denial, low points, the lying because I didn't want to hurt anyone.

However, if he does go through it then I can speak to him with so much wisdom and love and understanding. At least he will have the help that I never had!!

Vicky_Scot
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Cross Dressing Parents?

Gosh I thought this thread was going to be asking if you parents crossdressed.

:doh:

pink femme
12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Cac!! Left the last part of the 1st sentence out.....

....because when I was younger I had no help becuase my parents either never knew or buried their heads. Either way I suspect they didn't crossdress.

:D

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I saw my dad playing around wearing one of my mom's bras once and making fun of her.

Toni_Lynn
12-05-2008, 12:49 PM
My mum didn't understand at all and was downright abusive about my CDing when I was caught at 13, and still is abusive to this day when she chooses to do things like criticise the length of my hair. She be apolectic if she new that I was wearing panties and bras full-time and my wfe wears men's undies sometime!

Be that as it may, I like to imagine what it would have been like (should have been like!). I wish that thorugh my tears she would have held me and toId me that it was okay if I wanted to dress like a girl insteda of cursing at me and calling me faggot and tellin me that if I wanted to wear a dress she's parade me up and down the street.

I dream of her taking me to a little store in town run by a woman named Stacia. I remember this store so very well particularly for the display rack of Teenform bras found there. I dream of Stacia taking out a well worn measuring tape and measuring me for my first training bra, Teenform Pretty Please. I dream of getting several pretty dresses that day as well as a few pair of girls jeans. I dream of my mum getting me enough panties to replace all my boys undies with panties.

I dream getting to wear my panties and training bras to school under my boys underwear. I dream of wearing my pretty dresses when I get home from school.

I dream of being able to smile.

All this I dream instead of the hell she made my teenage years, a hell of abuse and searches of my bedroom and car. A hell where I went from being a 4.0 gpa student to 3.0 gpa student. A hell where the pain was so big that I felt nothing at all.

sigh

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

p.s. I'm looking for other CDers to be friends with who were teens in the 1970s and wore training bras.

tanya1976
12-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Reading the posts about "getting caught when young" got me thinking about how many parents let the whole CD episodes slide, or actively encouraged their children (sons mostly by the looks if it). Could it be they were very open minded themselves? or could an accepting father have experimented in his own way when he was young? How would you react if you caught your son in his sisters knickers and bra?

Being nearly, but never actually, caught and leaving enough clues for anyone to see; clothes in the wrong place, laddered hose etc I just think in my case my parents were either a. Too embarrased to bring up the subject, or B. Didn't know how to. I dunno how much significance this has concerning crossdressing as that was pretty much the way they handled everything..Can't ave been easy though, God love them.
As to if I had a son...I would hope I'd be able to be more understanding/helpful...

AbbyN
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I know my parents didn't crossdress...they were waayyy too religious to have open minds. I don't think they even had sex...it was too dirty. ;) However, apparently my grandfather (who I never knew) was dressed as a girl as a child because his parents had wanted a girl.

I think my mom may have known about my dressing because at a few points in my life she made reference to the fact that I was sick and had a 'real problem'. She did catch my brother and I playing in her closet once and there was LOTS of screaming about how the bible said it was wrong.

What WAS funny was that my mom was in to making clothes, and on more than one occasion, she made me model clothes she had made for my female relatives before boxing them up as presents. Go figure...

I do and always will attribute my mother's intolerance to that religious straight jacket she seems to be stuck in.

Abby

Beth-Lock
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I knew my sister had a training bra, (this would be about 1960), since she was not naturally well endowed at the best of times. Can't remember exactly if I tried it on, but I certainly did not wear it for any length of time. But I dreamt about it. I thought they were really neat.

ReineD
12-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I wish that thorugh my tears she would have held me and toId me that it was okay

All this I dream instead of the hell she made my teenage years, a hell of abuse and searches of my bedroom and car. A hell where I went from being a 4.0 gpa student to 3.0 gpa student. A hell where the pain was so big that I felt nothing at all.

Heartbreaking. I can't imagine ever treating my sons this way. I am so sorry. :sad:

Electra
12-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I do and always will attribute my mother's intolerance to that religious straight jacket she seems to be stuck in.

Abby

Most probably she is stuck in a straitjacket, not a straight jacket in which it will hardly be possible to be stuck in. :battingeyelashes:

rebeca_abigail30
12-06-2008, 06:57 PM
My mom would find some of my stuff, and throw it away. I asked her about a few months ago, and she said that she throw everything away. But, she never mentioned anything to my dad. She never she "We need to 'talk.'" I wish she would have. But then, this is in a time when computers were just coming out. (I was born in '76)

Celeste
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
My mother knew(found stuff once) but never made an issue or commented on it.This kind of left me in the dark as to how she felt about it,now that she's had a stroke and can't communicate or remember well, it really makes me wonder how she really felt.

If my daughter were to make lifestyle changes I would most definitely support her decisions and make sure she knew to feel good about who she is.

trisha11
12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Girls,
Since I had to hide it from everyone for so long, and I know how hard it was for me to do so, I would hope that I would be more understanding and sensitive to the subject if I ever caught my son. I would try to listen, support, and educate him on his choices.
trisha

CD Susan
12-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I am not sure but I think my Dad was a crossdresser. I remember him dressing up as a witch every Halloween and he enjoyed doing it. I have also seen pictures of him dressed up for different kinds of parties when I was very young. When I was around the age of 12 I bought my first pair of panties and my Mom found them when putting laundry in my dresser. She made a very big deal about it and would not let me keep them. My Dad didn't say anything about it but I'm sure he knew about it.

avril findlay
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I hope I would be as tolerant and understanding as my Mother was with me.

Melora
12-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Wow.. tamarav...
You sound like a Very cool Dad to have!

CharlotteW
12-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Our 6 year old boy asked for some tights (pantyhose) last week, specifically black with a diamond pattern. Initially we were shocked and humoured but I can't tell him it's wrong can I:o
He asked his mother whilst out shopping and she had no choice but to buy him the tights. He says they are comfortable and warm and there appears to be no other reason for wearing them, at this time. However, he has always had a penchant for silky, smooth clothing and his mothers shoes:)
I have told him he can have the tights but he shouldn't tell anyone, only mum and dad.

alshea243
12-07-2008, 10:57 AM
i would support my child to the fulliness if he or she cross dress.i would just set some boundries like my mom.my mom support and allow me to dress.she taught and treated me like a daughter.

Jilmac
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
The first time my mother caught me trying on her stockings, (pantyhose hadn't been invented then), she made light of it and joked about it to others. I was around age 8 and she considered it a growing phase. As I became older I would sneak into my sisters' bedrooms and try on their clothes. I was caught several times by mom and sisters, and even though they were displeased, rarely talked about it. I'm not sure if it was out of acceptance or disgust, but I think they all had their suspicions about my dressing. I'm not sure if my dad knew or not because he never mentioned anything about it.

As far as my own sons, if I ever discovered one of them experimenting with their sisters' clothes, I would not chastize them, but rather I would carry on an open rapport with them so they would feel comfortable talking about their own desire to dress. I would also try to give them encouragement and acceptance.

Rachel Morley
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
How would you react if you caught your son in his sisters knickers and bra?
I have a step son. How would I react? Honestly? .... if I found out that my wife's son was crossdressing I would be absolutely thrilled! His Mom already is the Activities Director of the largest Transgender social and support group in Sacramento (http://www.rivercitygems.org/), and his Step Dad is me, the Multimedia Director and a crossdresser .... we'd be the first crossdressing family at our socials! :D

DinaMature
12-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Cross Dressing Parents?

Gosh I thought this thread was going to be asking if you parents crossdressed.

:doh:

Silly me. I thought the same

Toni_Lynn
12-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I have a step son. How would I react? Honestly? .... if I found out that my wife's son was crossdressing I would be absolutely thrilled!

My step son is a crossdresser and when my wife told me I was over the moon happy. I should also mention that he is autistic (somewhat high functioning) -- and crossdressing is a part of the way he 'puts it all together' - life, that it is. He does go out at halloween dressed -- to a party of some sort. Since we live on opposite coast I haven't gotten to see him then.

By me being a crossdresser, I have been able to open a door into his mind for my wife.

I have had to wonder how it would have been if I had been hist step-dad (or birth-dad) back when he first started. I think it would have been a kind of laissez-faire thing -- if I saw him crossdressed I'd have said 'wow! nice skirt' or something, but I don't know if I would have bought anything for him etc - except made at halloween. I guess it would have been a passive acceptance. Past that I'd act like nothing was wrong - which of course -- there isn't :)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

bb031362
12-08-2008, 02:18 PM
My father was a crossdresser. We did not have a good relationship at all. I often wonder if I crossdress now because of that.

Tiffany