PDA

View Full Version : Correct posture for sitting

Lesley Ann
12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I admit I have a problem keeping my legs together whilst wearing either skirt or dress, it has been suggested tying the legs together (I'm not sure weather in all seriousness or weather they were just having a laugh).
I have tried, but after about an hour or so, while watching TV my SO gives me a nudge, and sure enough I'm sitting there with my legs apart! Any suggestions? There must be a better way other than bondage, although I'll try anything if it works.
Best wishes,
Lesley Ann.

RitaCD
12-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Watch how the GGs cross their legs. Sometimes they just cross their ankles and move the knees to one side or the other.

tamarav
12-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I too sometimes have problems keeping my legs crossed, what with the extra package and all. I generally just cross my ankles and lean my legs to one side or the other. but then again, I don't get to sit for long periods of time either.

I am not sure how to resolve this other than to wear a tight pencil skirt all the time.

KarenSusan
12-05-2008, 09:35 AM
There used to be a vendor who made and sold very pretty hobble half slips. Not only did these slips make you take small steps but it was virtually impossible to sit with your legs apart, Unfortunately, I can't remember the girl who made them. Maybe if you google "hobble slip".

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I say find your shortest skirt and sit with your legs spread wide open. It's all about comfort!

No, no, just kidding. Like the others said- cross your ankles and lean your legs to the side. Having your legs fully crossed can get uncomfortable after a bit.

TGMarla
12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
This is mostly a physiology thing. Women's legs are attached to their bodies on a pelvis that is fundamentally different from men's. They also learn behaviors from each other as they grow up just as men do. So I don't think they 'learn' how to sit, they just do it. Men, on the other hand, tend to slouch a lot when they congregate, so we tend to look like a bunch of slobs.

So here's the learning curve for you:

Don't slouch
Sit up straight
Keep your legs together, or cross them if you can
No belching or farting :D

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 09:48 AM
This is mostly a physiology thing. Women's legs are attached to their bodies on a pelvis that is fundamentally different from men's. They also learn behaviors from each other as they grow up just as men do. So I don't think they 'learn' how to sit, they just do it. Men, on the other hand, tend to slouch a lot when they congregate, so we tend to look like a bunch of slobs.

So here's the learning curve for you:

Don't slouch
Sit up straight
Keep your legs together, or cross them if you can
No belching or farting :D

No farting or belching!!?! Damn, this girl stuff sucks sometimes!! hehehe

JenniferR771
12-05-2008, 10:01 AM
my wife gets mad if I cross my legs in male mode. It looks femmy she says. For your situation, try going commando under your skirt--I bet you'll remember.

MarciManseau
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
It does take a while to strengthen the muscles that allow you to sit more like a lady. Girls begin when they're very young, so we have to catch up. I hold mine together as long as I can, and then cross them at the knee. If you're out somewhere, be careful how you do that, esp if you're wearing a short skirt. A carefully timed leg shift is also a very good way to catch a man's attention. Sometimes they try not to look, but they always do :)

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

shannonsilk
12-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I think you'r e doing great. It takes time to get used to anything. I'm sure if you keep practicing you will eventually be able to do it longer. It's alright if you have to reposition every half hour or so.

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I think you'r e doing great. It takes time to get used to anything. I'm sure if you keep practicing you will eventually be able to do it longer. It's alright if you have to reposition every half hour or so.

I agree, just dont pull the Sharon Stone leg re-cross.

Sammy777
12-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Try sitting with your knees together & your feet apart.

Sarasometimes
12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I would recommend all of the above which is really how GG's do it. Women change thier pose often. Between ankles crossed, knees crossed, knee together at angle to one side, knees together feet flat on floor in peep-toed pumps (sorry I digressed), changing the angle of thier torsos.... Most of the time women are in an asymtrical position as well, legs angled to one side, head tilted, one leg in front of the other, tilted hips.... it is so entertaining and informative to watch thier beautiful mannerisms.

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
My wife faces you or forward when sitting, yet tilts her head when looking in a mirror....you figure that one out...

Caroline C
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I can't cross my legs at the knees, just too uncomfortable at the hips. But I cross my legs at the ankles whenever I am sitting or reclining regardless of how I am dressed.

it has been suggested tying the legs together Bungie cord, or maybe some elastic sewn in a loop like a big rubber band and placed above the knees. It will keep the knees from falling apart and still allow you to walk.

Angel.Marie76
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I admit I have a problem keeping my legs together whilst wearing either skirt or dress, it has been suggested tying the legs together (I'm not sure weather in all seriousness or weather they were just having a laugh).
I have tried, but after about an hour or so, while watching TV my SO gives me a nudge, and sure enough I'm sitting there with my legs apart! Any suggestions? There must be a better way other than bondage, although I'll try anything if it works.
Best wishes,
Lesley Ann.

I hope that nudge from your SO is with a smile on her face. ;) I agree that it is difficult at times to sit with your legs together for a long time, tucked or not. I'fe found that, even sitting with my legs folded under me with a skirt that, together, I feel the pressure buildup and have to wiggle/fidget my body around a little bit to get comfortable again. My SO has commented when we're out that I fidget a lot more when I'm somewhat dressed. Also there's the problem of circulation with the legs crossed too. Seems like for 5-10 minutes I actually sit instinctively with my legs crossed at the knees, then have to reverse, and then the tinglies start and to the ankles it goes... *shrug* My biggest problem now is slouching.

Teri Jean
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I have always crossed my legs at the knees and find sitting with my knees aparty is uncomfortable. Who knew I was ahead of my time. Keli

Beth-Lock
12-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Add to no belching and no farting, no clearing your throat noisily, just cough a little instead.

Karen_Ski
12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
When I first came out to my Aunt, the first family member I openly admitted my CDing to, she insisted on "meeting" her new niece. She was appalled at my walk, the way I carried myself, and the way I sat. She spent many hours teaching me as if I had been a girl all my life. Nowadays when I sit regardless of what gender I am dressed as I cross my legs at the knee or corss my ankles. It takes some to get used to but when you stick to being ladylike it becomes second nature. Remember many of us have a lifetime of bad male habits to unlearn!

Lesley Ann
12-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Firstly may I sincerely that you all so much for your very helpful replies.:love: I am OK with crossing my leg's at the knee's, I don't do the crossing at the ankles because of medical advice ( I will not bore with details) it is just that I always seem to end up with my leg's apart! I took KarenSusan's advice and 'Googled' hobble slip, well apart from learning how to hobble anything from horses to pigs, I now know what a hobble skirt is, and which can be made in anything from rubber to silks and satins, from leather to PVC, weather I could actually wear any of them in front of my SO, it would be interesting to see if she would believe me when I told her it was a training skirt?
Once again I really do thank you all for your wonderful response, and end by saying I'll let you know in time how I manage to be more like a lady,
Lesley Ann.

catriona36
12-06-2008, 08:13 AM
mmmm maybe a show like Ladette to Lady for us girls maybe lads to ladies?? :heehee:
it would be handy to watch. well ok for me it would be anyways lol

Sammy777
12-06-2008, 04:43 PM
You could also try one of these: Shaper Slip (http://www.jenniferm.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_99&products_id=412)

Not only will you look better, but it will keep your legs together, lol