PDA

View Full Version : I don't know who was more afraid ...

Amanda_Robinson
12-06-2008, 01:43 AM
It was a beautiful cool evening and I was in the mood to get dressed up. I also had also had some new shoes that I was dying wear. :) I live in a condo and have routinely walked through the complex to get my mail or just to take a walk. I have passed by other people on occaision without incident and as many of you have advised ... confidence goes a long way.

Well that confidence wavered a bit and here's what happened. Other residents have seen me but not my immediate neighbor. They are a young family of three. I don't know them well but we greet each other when our paths cross. When I was returning from my walk that night I would have had to pass the whole family and stand there unlocking my door. I wasn't ready for that so I took a detour to approach from the other side. Well didn't work out because the lady apparently had to return to her car for something. We met as she turned the corner and she broke out in a sprint back around the corner :sad:. That frightened me so I had to make another lap before I returned to my condo. :o

I realize now that I had frightened her and it was all on account of my shaky behavior. I can't say I blame her though.

I'm not sure if she recognized me or not but the next day she greeted me as we always have. If she would have asked, I would have told her it was me. Because I honestly wouldn't be ashamed to admit it (thanks to the support of many of you :D) but I admit I am embarrassed to have frightened someone. :o

mykhelee
12-06-2008, 01:58 AM
I think startled is more the term than frightened. If she greeted you as normal the next time you met she was startled. Who knows, they most likely don't care about your choice in clothing.

Sammy777
12-06-2008, 05:29 PM
It sounds like she just got startled.

She probably would have acted the same way no matter who was standing there around the corner.

I also think that she probably didn't have time to notice it was you.
If she did I'm sure she might have said something like you scared/startled me last night.
Or, well that was a new look for you last night, lol

Carin
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Maybe you should approach her and tell her that you are sorry that you startled her the other night. Take it for there.

Eileen
12-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Amanda since she greeted you a usual the next day, it would appear you did not frighten her. You are confident in who you are and as you say if she asks you can answer her with your head held high.

Eileen

Sandra Dunn
12-07-2008, 10:55 AM
You probably did startle her a little, I do not believe she had time to recognize you. Everyone I have met while as me, that knows me in butch mode,always take a second look and then they really stare and ask if it's really me. Unless she really knows you, there is a very good chance she did not recognize you at all.

If you are like me, we stand out like amazons. I'm 6 foot and with heels on I'm heads above most other GGs.

Remember it's all in the ATTITUDE, just keep on going and I wouldn't worry about if she did or did not recognize you. If she did, let her approach you fisrt.

HUGS Sandra

Jilmac
12-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Wow Amanda what a story. I also live in a condo complex and have walked down to my mailbox (about a block and a half) en femme. I usually do it in broad daylight because most residents are at work or the kids are in school and those who would see me are usually driving and don't give me a second glance. I also have a young family living in the lower unit next door. They have two young sons who are very inquisitive and would ask questions if they ever saw me. I had a similar experience once as I was driving home en femme from an outing. The whole famliy was outdoors grilling their supper and I got frightened because I didn't want the boys to see me. I drove to a park and sat in my car for about a half hour. When I drove back home thay were all inside eating so I was able to walk from my car to my front door wothout fear.