PDA

View Full Version : Invited to a Bridal Shower Enfemme - GG input is helpful

lorna2cute
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
A GG friend of mine is having a bridal shower next weekend, and she invited Lorna!! :D

Basically my question is this: what's the protocol for a bridal shower? I've been to my share of weddings & such (en drab) and bachelor parties en drab, but in terms of the bridal shower, do I bring a gift to that as well, in addition to the official wedding gift to the wedding? I'm totally clueless on this one as I have obviously never attended a bridal shower before. :eek:

And just as an FYI: my being "accepted" or "passing" is a complete non-issue. Everyone who is attending already knows me, so let's just focus on what I have to do.

GGs, I need your help on this one. And any TGs out there who would know, please feel free to chime in as well. Thank you! ;)

Melissa A.
06-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi lorna,

Having been married twice I can tell you, Yes, a gift is expected at a bridal shower. Something for her, as opposed to a wedding gift for them.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Stephanie Brooks
06-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi Lorna!

Given where I assume you're located (Long Island, just outside of the city, based on your website et al), you should probably ask one of the other women who will be attending. I've attended weddings in places ranging from NH through NC. NY, especially around NYC, outshines them all. New Yorkers go all out.

If I were you, I'd ask what makes a good gift for this person and this shower? Is the bride registered somewhere? How much do people typically spend on a shower gift? Does money make a good shower gift? (Money certainly makes a good wedding gift, especially if the couple is older and established. For a shower, however, it may be less appropriate.) What activities do they have at the shower?

From what you wrote, I'll assume you are good friends with the GG. What does she like? What do you think she'd like for a gift, an item she might not buy for herself? Is there some boutique she frequents? Is there some perfume she enjoys? Does she read books? Does she buy online from a favorite clothier?

Good luck, and keep us posted! You'll simply have to tell us how it goes. ^_^

lorna2cute
06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks girls!! :)

Incidentally, there's some goregeous jewelry that goes on sale at my job that I know she'll love... ;)