PDA

View Full Version : Introduce My Wife To This Site...I Need help!

switcheralso
12-07-2008, 07:37 AM
My wife is accepting of my C/D but I’m not sure how she would view or feel about the forum. Does anyone know of a site for spouses of C/D she could join?

If this is the best site I need a recommendation of how I can introduce her to the forum.

catriona36
12-07-2008, 08:05 AM
"acidently" stay logged in and pc on... she will find it :heehee:
ok is all i can come up with at this time of day lol

Celeste
12-07-2008, 08:18 AM
"acidently" stay logged in and pc on... she will find it :heehee:
ok is all i can come up with at this time of day lol

Yes that would be good to do but make sure its logged onto the loved ones section,then she can see there is support especially for spouses.

Teri Jean
12-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Catriona makes a good point, I did this by accident with my computer and one of my sisters-in-law was looking over my sholder when I brought up the screen to show her something I had found on another topic. If she was blind she may not have realized what it was but she is not. Give it a try and let her surf for a while. Keli

Heather Dur
12-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Might suggest the Tri Ess website. They have sections for partners, families, etc. Good luck.

http://www.tri-ess.org/

BeckiB
12-07-2008, 08:50 AM
You said she is accepting of you dressing so just talk to her about the site. Once you have talked a bit, log on and show her what is here, together. You can then explain things to her and help her find things that may be of interest to her.

MJ
12-07-2008, 08:56 AM
This is the best Supportive site anywhere ... why don't you show her around i look forward to meeting her

Ze xx
12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
She's accepting of your cding, so just tell her. Tell her that there is a section away from the main forum that she'll be invited to join and that there are other SO's on here.

As she's accepting, keep your communication open. You only have to tell her about here, she doesn't have to look if it's not for her (forums aren't for everyone)

AmandaM
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Sounds like you may have some trepidation on what she will think of some of the topics here. If there's something you think she won't like, at least warn her that this is an open forum and there are many different kinds of people here.

Ze xx
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Sounds like you may have some trepidation on what she will think of some of the topics here. If there's something you think she won't like, at least warn her that this is an open forum and there are many different kinds of people here.

Oh, yes, I definitely agree with that, make sure she understands that everyones journey is their own and make sure she knows how far you'd like your journey to take you. It was one of the things that made me have a bit of a wobble really, not knowing that there are very many degrees of cding and not really knowing how far my SO wanted to take things.

Jennifer Cox
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Despite knowing about my CDing for about 30 years my wife has never been very accepting of it. When first becoming aware of it, she declined any sort of contact with help lines etc, didn't want to talk about it. In fact her first response was "Why did you tell me!"

Over the following years she was able to accept a minimal amount of CDing, but somehow this all went pear shaped about 12 years ago, just when I thought she might be more accepting of it. Probably down to my ineptitude. At that point I resolved not to inflict it upon her anymore, so spent the following years suppressing the desire as best I could.

However, I recently reached a crossroads due to a much increased desire to dress. This weekend I wrote her a letter explaining this and the reasons why I believed this desire had increased (why did I never do this before?). I was somewhat surprised that she didn't run screaming from the room :eek:, but she seemed to take it quite well.

I mentioned this site (in general terms) and suggested that she visit it, as it might be helpful. Again she surprised me, in that she seemed quite open to the idea. I was hoping to show her the site today, but other commitments got in the way. This time I'm determined not to rush her into things too quickly, so I'll wait until we're both relaxed before approaching the subject again. Also, I need to wait until my daughter is not around - so I could be in for a long wait :sad:

Anyway, my long ramble is basically my way of saying "Go for it!", but just take it gently. :)

I don't know if this will ultimately lead to more acceptance, but for me it's a step in the right direction, which I had all but given up hope of.